Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

What I find strange is companies like addidas were so quick to condem and drop Kurt zouma for kicking a cat but they seem silent and ok to have their name linked with this story.
It's all to do with publicity and how many people heard about the Kurt Zouma story. This ceptic story has been bubbling under the surface for years with the occasional article in the newspapers but the wider public will be less aware of it than the Kurt Zouma story. Once it gets that level of publicity then the sponsors would have no choice but to drop ceptic.

The problem is that the court cases could go on for a while yet so information is being drip fed gradually into the mainstream media, rather than all at one time. This reduces the impact on normal members of the public and helps to ensure any articles in the media do not contain the whole picture.

The other problem is that most people realise that the Catholic church historically has a problem with paedophilia so it's not a huge surprise when an organisation with close links to the Catholic church also has similar problems. The story will be more explosive if it's kept separate from the Catholic church issues as much as possible. The numbers of affected lives, the potential number of paedophiles, the hypocrisy, and cover ups, make this a major story if it could all be put together and exposed.

There needs to be a Public Enquiry, or a way to communicate the information in this thread to the general public in a more concise way.

"He said his clients believed they wouldn’t get a “fair trial” because documents which would be key to their case that they boys club and Celtic FC were different entities were missing."

They are still holding onto the 'I've burnt the evidence' defence.
When he says “Clients” plural. Does he have two clients? CFC and CBC giving the facade of separate entities, which is fine.

But who is paying for CBC?

Posted this in other thread about the recent lawsuit but probably better in here as here covers the whole lot.

@Grigo Yossarian @BN94 . With the amount of work you and the others are putting into untangling the massive web of abuse, you are clearly doing a great job at putting the Spotlight (pun intended) on this massive cover up and bringing it out into public view again, which leads to my question. Have yous ever been contacted by lawyers on behalf of celtic/cbc/convicted abusers etc and asked to remove any posts/tweets on what you have uncovered? Surely if what yous are uncovering was lies, false acussations, baseless rumours or whatever you want to call it then you would have lawyer letters coming through the letterbox everyday and you would have to remove what you say from the internet and probably end up in court yourself. The fact that all your tweets seem to be still available for all to see tells me that isn't happening. If any other person, company, football club was wrongly accused of these things i reckon the lawyers would be on your case within hours, that speaks volumes tbh.

Posted this in other thread about the recent lawsuit but probably better in here as here covers the whole lot.

@Grigo Yossarian @BN94 . With the amount of work you and the others are putting into untangling the massive web of abuse, you are clearly doing a great job at putting the Spotlight (pun intended) on this massive cover up and bringing it out into public view again, which leads to my question. Have yous ever been contacted by lawyers on behalf of celtic/cbc/convicted abusers etc and asked to remove any posts/tweets on what you have uncovered? Surely if what yous are uncovering was lies, false acussations, baseless rumours or whatever you want to call it then you would have lawyer letters coming through the letterbox everyday and you would have to remove what you say from the internet and probably end up in court yourself. The fact that all your tweets seem to be still available for all to see tells me that isn't happening. If any other person, company, football club was wrongly accused of these things i reckon the lawyers would be on your case within hours, that speaks volumes tbh.

Just replied to you on the other thread mate.

I’ll give you the shorter answer here.

No.

Catholic Church are the biggest paedophile ring in the world. It's definitely been going on since their inception.
UR correct with the Catholic church has big peadophile going on now it's rubbing of with Celtic fc SFA has to intervene and come down hard on this young boys go to play football not to get molested hope they go bankrupt and the money going to the victims...SCUM

This manky mob are completely repugnant. I despise each and every one of them.
Serious question, why is this taking up more of my life? I pass one of them whilst driving and want to shout out “F****N PAEDO”. My hatred is rising.

Last edited:

110% correct mate

"He said his clients believed they wouldn’t get a “fair trial” because documents which would be key to their case that they boys club and Celtic FC were different entities were missing."

They are still holding onto the 'I've burnt the evidence' defence.
How more contemptuous of the claimants and the law can Celtic actually get?!?

Celtic, through their lawyers have based their whole defence on this claim that Celtic is a totally seperate entity from celtics boys club, but when they finally get to court they have to admit they cannot find a single, solitary piece of documentary evidence to even vaguely support that claim - and actually have the audacity to claim that because they cannot provide a single piece of documentary evidence to support their defence that the case should be thrown out of court as celtic wouldn't then be able to get a fair trial.

Thay approach alone should see them treated as pariahs around the world .

How more contemptuous of the claimants and the law can Celtic actually get?!?

Celtic, through their lawyers have based their whole defence on this claim that Celtic is a totally seperate entity from celtics boys club, but when they finally get to court they have to admit they cannot find a single, solitary piece of documentary evidence to even vaguely support that claim - and actually have the audacity to claim that because they cannot provide a single piece of documentary evidence to support their defence that the case should be thrown out of court as celtic wouldn't then be able to get a fair trial.

Thay approach alone should see them treated as pariahs around the world .

Spot On.

It shows the contempt they have for the rule of law, based on their experience in this country of abusing it for decades.

Spot On.

It shows the contempt they have for the rule of law, based on their experience in this country of abusing it for decades.
They are a law unto themselves GY. I had some dick on Twatter yesterday, telling me to think first before posting that the Scottish Government or even the UK Government should be taking this to task by having a full blown inquiry. He pointed out that why should the Government intervene in police and court proceedings. The fact is that these c*nts know they can get away with it, knowing fine well that no-one else, other than the victims that have came forward, will do a single thing to help!

I f*cking hate this cesspit of a country. This must be thee biggest case of historical child abuse in sporting history, and in a small country like ours. Yet our despicable FM, the rest of her party and the arsewipes in her offshoot party known as The Greens, don't have the common decency to do the right thing by the victims and decide that the best way to approach it, is to block people on Twitter that dare ask pertinent questions.

Honestly, if there are any posters looking in on this and still think that voting SNP is still a good thing, then please just f*ck off!!!!

They are a law unto themselves GY. I had some dick on Twatter yesterday, telling me to think first before posting that the Scottish Government or even the UK Government should be taking this to task by having a full blown inquiry. He pointed out that why should the Government intervene in police and court proceedings. The fact is that these c*nts know they can get away with it, knowing fine well that no-one else, other than the victims that have came forward, will do a single thing to help!

I f*cking hate this cesspit of a country. This must be thee biggest case of historical child abuse in sporting history, and in a small country like ours. Yet our despicable FM, the rest of her party and the arsewipes in her offshoot party known as The Greens, don't have the common decency to do the right thing by the victims and decide that the best way to approach it, is to block people on Twitter that dare ask pertinent questions.

Honestly, if there are any posters looking in on this and still think that voting SNP is still a good thing, then please just f*ck off!!!!

Understand your frustration cyl

We live it every day lol

But we will not be beaten mate. The resolve of the victims we know & ourselves won’t be broken, no matter the games, tactics & propaganda games.

I hear your anger, but like Grigo said, we won’t be beaten. The best thing to do when the dark side raise their head on social media is never engage. It’s the first rule of Spotlight and it’s what they want.
Every last one of them know their club are in the wrong and they will fight to their last breath to defend their coverups. That’s where we come in and we will never surrender.
I agree with what you say in what Scotland has become, and many have gave up on it or too busy fighting amongst each other and also weak opposition parties doesn’t help.
On this issue we will never back down to the apologist nationalist’s. And there are many in high positions in Scotland that will defend that club.

The Government's shouldn't be intervening in live court proceedings, but a public enquiry would help to ensure people who have done wrong at all levels do not escape responsibility. A public enquiry would no doubt lead to more criminal cases coming to light more quickly. It's remit should also cover the environment that was required to allow this criminality to flourish and would therefore reduce chances of it continuing. I believe a coach linked to celtic over the last few years is now facing charges so there may still be an ongoing issue, at that club especially. A public enquiry would address this in its conclusions and make football safer for youngsters.

I hear your anger, but like Grigo said, we won’t be beaten. The best thing to do when the dark side raise their head on social media is never engage. It’s the first rule of Spotlight and it’s what they want.
Every last one of them know their club are in the wrong and they will fight to their last breath to defend their coverups. That’s where we come in and we will never surrender.
I agree with what you say in what Scotland has become, and many have gave up on it or too busy fighting amongst each other and also weak opposition parties doesn’t help.
On this issue we will never back down to the apologist nationalist’s. And there are many in high positions in Scotland that will defend that club.
That's my concern all along BN94. Hence why it has taken this long to get where you are. They will stop at nothing to make this go away or be swept further under the carpet. Keep up the fight!

The Government's shouldn't be intervening in live court proceedings, but a public enquiry would help to ensure people who have done wrong at all levels do not escape responsibility. A public enquiry would no doubt lead to more criminal cases coming to light more quickly. It's remit should also cover the environment that was required to allow this criminality to flourish and would therefore reduce chances of it continuing. I believe a coach linked to celtic over the last few years is now facing charges so there may still be an ongoing issue, at that club especially. A public enquiry would address this in its conclusions and make football safer for youngsters.

You’re right about Mark McAuley, and he has been with Celtic since their claim that their controls were sufficient to stop this recurring.

There are so many issues that SNP Govt & SFA have ignored, examples being cross border relationships with such as Bennell, and why the SFA ‘Whitewash’ as we call it only used 2 Celtic convicted paedophiles, now at 7, yet on other clubs used unconvicted but potential paedophiles.

EDIT; (was distracted):

@BN94 @Grigo Yossarian

We don't know who you and your team are, and no doubt we never will - which makes your efforts even more admirable.

You are a credit to the statement above by Edmund Burke.

Last edited:
You’re right about Mark McAuley, and he has been with Celtic since their claim that their controls were sufficient to stop this recurring.

There are so many issues that SNP Govt & SFA have ignored, examples being cross border relationships with such as Bennell, and why the SFA ‘Whitewash’ as we call it only used 2 Celtic convicted paedophiles, now at 7, yet on other clubs used unconvicted but potential paedophiles.
maybe this could make them sit up?

Slightly off topic, but related. I look forward to the trial of those charged, 12th of Never

4 years since charges were brought, quietly swept under the carpet
Where are the victims?

Children (now adults) need people like Ms Gray and SPOTLIGHT to fight the system, never give up and get scandals like this into the court rooms.

Am I being naive here? The defendant is continually given more time... Why? Surely they should be getting a rap on the balls and told they've got two weeks to answer the charges?
Probably hoping the accusers run out of money to pay for their lawyers. Or that the accused dies before the trial.

Back