Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Hats off to all the guys chasing this up daily and having to deal with this every day.

I have to give myself a break from reading this thread every now and again as it is to much to take in and the lack of urgency from the authorities really pisses me off.

FFS how must the victims of this manage to keep going day by day.

These guys who are taking this on are heroes Alex. The time they must spend, the knowledge of just what they face, the realisation of what it might mean to themselves and their families, the understanding of the deep reaches of the Celtic crimes against children.
When this whole evil episode in Scottish football’s history comes to light, those guys and the victims and their families will deserve every applause that comes their way.
I hope it will bring a degree of comfort to the most important people involved in what happened, the victims and their families.
Losing a child or seeing a child’s life ruined is something most of us can’t imagine.
I’ll stop now. Love and strength to those who know what I’m on about.

Wonderful offer . Still galling to know that the hunt for justice has been driven by the good souls on here. Next to no politicians,policemen ,people in the justice system,people who could and should make a difference here have stuck their heads above the parapet. What has this once decent country become?
They cannot seem to accept that child sexual abuse is an abhorrent crime , it ruins young lives and it destroys the minds of the same youngsters as they try to find peace of mind as they try to forget the horrors they experienced of being used to satisfy the depraved acts of twisted paedophiles . the same victims usually manage to find a way of getting through life and some other's unfortunately have ended their lives but they all have suffered agonising humility at various times , many have turned to drink or drugs or mental illness in some cases . The question is Why can't the Politicians , the Police , the People with power etc., not at least acknowledge the Victims and their Families and show some support and help them get some compensation from those who knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it . This has gone on far too long and the Government especially should be Ordering a full scale Public enquiry for the sake of Human decency and not for the sake of upsetting or shaming a football club with a history of covering up these horrific acts against children . Act now and try and show some humanity SNP for God's sake and get justice for the victims and stop ignoring them !

Last edited:
They cannot seem to accept that child sexual abuse is an abhorrent crime , it ruins young lives and it destroys the minds of the same youngsters as they try to find peace of mind as they try to forget the horrors they experienced of being used to satisfy the depraved acts of twisted paedophiles . the same victims usually manage to find a way of getting through life and some other's unfortunately have ended their lives but they all have suffered agonising humility at various times , many have turned to drink or drugs or mental illness in some cases . The question is Why can't the Politicians , the Police , the People with power etc., not at least acknowledge the Victims and their Families and show some support and help them get some compensation from those who knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it . This has gone on far too long and the Government especially should be Ordering a full scale Public enquiry for the sake of Human decency and not for the sake of upsetting or shaming a football club with a history of covering up these horrific acts against children . Act now and try and show some humanity SNP for God's and get justice for the victims and stop ignoring them !

Well said Alex.

This little piece here from the Celtic Star basically sums up the way they think. No mention of abuse that goes back 50 years within their club or the subsequent coverups and the 2 so called “Internal investigations”. Or that they knowingly re-employed a perpetrator. They blame the police for not being able to keep them safe.

“These clubs and groups are not necessarily at fault, they have been often duped, certainly underprepared but to apportion that blame entirely in that direction misses the point. These offending groups over the years have developed faster than the professionals underfunded and undermanned can keep up. When the Police and intelligence services can’t keep you safe what chance does a boys club or a scout group have?”
Holy fek, they are still playing the victim. They are deplorable, every one of them. To say they sickening me would be an understatement

You’ve been following this for a long time Alex. You know we won’t stop at bringing the perpetrators to justice. We’re also after those who knew and said nothing. They will be found.
This is the part that deserves severe punishment, they must be taken to task and brought to justice for the torture they have smugly inflicted on the victims.
They believe they are untouchable.:mad:

This little piece here from the Celtic Star basically sums up the way they think. No mention of abuse that goes back 50 years within their club or the subsequent coverups and the 2 so called “Internal investigations”. Or that they knowingly re-employed a perpetrator. They blame the police for not being able to keep them safe.

“These clubs and groups are not necessarily at fault, they have been often duped, certainly underprepared but to apportion that blame entirely in that direction misses the point. These offending groups over the years have developed faster than the professionals underfunded and undermanned can keep up. When the Police and intelligence services can’t keep you safe what chance does a boys club or a scout group have?”

That's nothing short of incredible in terms of the callous disregard for the victims' feelings.
Trying to suggest that everything was under the radar and not visible to anyone at the club?
How come it was an accepted fact known to countless thousands of Rangers fans over several decades who along with the fans of a few other clubs (notably Hearts) reminded them of it often enough?
It's just sick the way they put up this vile pretence.

Someone has the responsibility to take the complaints to the police. Are they saying this is the sole responsibility of the police ffs. Do they want us to have a police officer in every class, scout group etc. as reporting the abuse is nothing to do with Joe public?

The victims are the ones who have the gripe with the police as they are no doubt part of the cover up.

Last edited:
They cannot seem to accept that child sexual abuse is an abhorrent crime , it ruins young lives and it destroys the minds of the same youngsters as they try to find peace of mind as they try to forget the horrors they experienced of being used to satisfy the depraved acts of twisted paedophiles . the same victims usually manage to find a way of getting through life and some other's unfortunately have ended their lives but they all have suffered agonising humility at various times , many have turned to drink or drugs or mental illness in some cases . The question is Why can't the Politicians , the Police , the People with power etc., not at least acknowledge the Victims and their Families and show some support and help them get some compensation from those who knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it . This has gone on far too long and the Government especially should be Ordering a full scale Public enquiry for the sake of Human decency and not for the sake of upsetting or shaming a football club with a history of covering up these horrific acts against children . Act now and try and show some humanity SNP for God's and get justice for the victims and stop ignoring them !
Great post.

My fear BN is that all political parties have amalgamated into one politically correct don’t rock the religious boat affiliation, even Keir Starmers Labour Party is terrified to say anything that criticises Jews or Israel for fear of being deemed anti-semetic when Israel are the most racist apartheid type country in the world, who although was set up by jewish asylum seekers from around the world after WW2 refuse to accept asylum seekers.
The only people to truly call out the Roman cults/Celtics penchant for paedophilia is the secular society who unfortunately don’t hold a lot of the cards in this religious brainwashed world.
There is a (made up bullshit) religious agenda in this (and other) countries that puts mumbo jumbo invisible friend sentiments above what is right and wrong.
Whilst this ridiculous point of view prevails the Roman Catholic cover ups will continue and by extension Celtics separate entity defence will be justified by “believers”.
I couldnt put my own thoughts down better than u just did regarding religion....it is laughable that we as a race still hold a book wrote almost 2000 years ago up as the standard for moral and societal standards.

I firmly believe that religion is a hindrance to the progress of humanity. When the main religion hide and treat the perpetrators of ca with care and compassion but treat the victims with disdain and ignorance, that tells u all u need to know about religion. That I feel is the reason for a large portion of the paedo fc supports attitude towards the survivors of their horrible clubs employees

Deflect and deny at its finest.

Staggering.

Great post.

An empathic ,concise, and articulate post that clearly highlights the fight that the victims/survivors' have been through.

I couldnt put my own thoughts down better than u just did regarding religion....it is laughable that we as a race still hold a book wrote almost 2000 years ago up as the standard for moral and societal standards.

I firmly believe that religion is a hindrance to the progress of humanity. When the main religion hide and treat the perpetrators of ca with care and compassion but treat the victims with disdain and ignorance, that tells u all u need to know about religion. That I feel is the reason for a large portion of the paedo fc supports attitude towards the survivors of their horrible clubs employees
100% correct Ted, a 2000 year old book on morality written by desert scribes which advocates slavery (a point missed by the BLM movement), endorses genocide, misogyny, homophobia and celebrates taking terrible revenge?
It would be laughable if it wasn’t so terrifying that so many people around the world subscribe to these cults and follow to the letter the different manifestos of bullshit.
I recently lost my mother and I can think of nothing more comforting than her being in a better place so I can understand why people follow religion but it turns into a huge corporate money making scam exerting power over people with its clever words and songs, beautiful architecture and artwork and claiming to have the answers to the unknown. Your point on religion being a hindrance is also spot on, the Arab world before Islam was leading the world in Mathematics and astronomy but after Muhammad (who married a 9 year old btw) and the Koran became an academically retarded and oppressed nonentity. Many terrible crimes have been committed by people claiming to be working for an invisible man in the sky.

That's nothing short of incredible in terms of the callous disregard for the victims' feelings.
Trying to suggest that everything was under the radar and not visible to anyone at the club?
How come it was an accepted fact known to countless thousands of Rangers fans over several decades who along with the fans of a few other clubs (notably Hearts) reminded them of it often enough?
It's just sick the way they put up this vile pretence.
The extract is taken from the Celtic Star when they were writing about Alex Thomson. Have you not seen it? It was written back in February. Typical Celtic, always the victims and never their fault. If anyone hasn’t seen it then let me know and I’ll post the full article from Niall. Deluded is an understatement.

I see the Child of God rapist has been given 11 and a half years for the rape of 2 children.
Compare with the pathetic sentences handed out to the Celic paedophile ring. There is definitely someone watching over that cult.

If I recall correctly

Gerry King got community service after being found guilty of abusing 5 kids

A man was sent to prison for 6 months for singing the Billy Boys , another man got 10 months for spitting on a priests robe

let that sink in , community service for abusing 5 different children

If I recall correctly

A man was sent to prison for 6 months for singing the Billy Boys , another man got 10 months for spitting on a priests robe

Its shocking the protection these c*nts are getting. This Scottish government should hang their heads in shame..a disgrace and not fit for purpose.

100% correct Ted, a 2000 year old book on morality written by desert scribes which advocates slavery (a point missed by the BLM movement), endorses genocide, misogyny, homophobia and celebrates taking terrible revenge?
It would be laughable if it wasn’t so terrifying that so many people around the world subscribe to these cults and follow to the letter the different manifestos of bullshit.
I recently lost my mother and I can think of nothing more comforting than her being in a better place so I can understand why people follow religion but it turns into a huge corporate money making scam exerting power over people with its clever words and songs, beautiful architecture and artwork and claiming to have the answers to the unknown. Your point on religion being a hindrance is also spot on, the Arab world before Islam was leading the world in Mathematics and astronomy but after Muhammad (who married a 9 year old btw) and the Koran became an academically retarded and oppressed nonentity. Many terrible crimes have been committed by people claiming to be working for an invisible man in the sky.

In relation to this 2000 year old work of fiction, I read somewhere recently that the biggest miracle in there was that the supposed son of god could find mates named Matthew, Mark, Luke & John in the Middle East :)

If I recall correctly

Folk get longer for a growing some plants ffs, the judicial system in this country is tailor made for nonces their particular crime affords them protection and segregation as well as the chance to make equally warped pals, fucking twisted if you ask me.

You might get duped once, but not for 50 fecking years, having re-employed a known offender and after the findings of their ‘internal investigations’ were covered up.

They have nowhere left to hide.

Something that has never been explained/confirmed is why would the club print pages and pages of news about a separate entity in their official club publication over years and years. Why did Stein get involved if a S/E likewise McCann on the return from Kearney in setting up a hotline? If anybody watches FBI type dramas then you will be aware of perpetrators taking trophies from victims was Torbets business trading name a sick dig at his victims and venue a nod to Parkhead.

I see the Child of God rapist has been given 11 and a half years for the rape of 2 children.
Compare with the pathetic sentences handed out to the Celic paedophile ring. There is definitely someone watching over that cult.
There's got to be a link with cltic* in there somewhere. Talking of light sentences, Eric Joyce,former MP for Falkirk got a suspended sentence for possession of a kiddy picture. What's the going rate for 250??

There's got to be a link with cltic* in there somewhere. Talking of light sentences, Eric Joyce,former MP for Falkirk got a suspended sentence for possession of a kiddy picture. What's the going rate for 250??
I think you need to read the details of Eric Joyce's crime again.

UEFA seemingly are happy to let the SFA deal with the Celtic situation, even though they are undergoing similar historical problems. Governing bodies refuse to address the situation and continue to stall on any progress. The fact that this has been going on for decades and nobody has an appetite to find solutions. Omitting sporting and religious groups from SCA is baffling. Independent inquiry is surely the way forward ?

Back