Celtic fined €15,000 by UEFA

They were done for obscene chants. Lazio were done for illicit chants.

From the UEFA website.

Charges against Celtic FC:
- Illicit banner - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Illicit chants - Art. 16 (2) DR

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to fine Celtic FC €15,000.

Fùcking hell. How many times can you fine the same club before you decide enough is enough?

Every single time they play a European match they’re breaking the rules and acting the cùnt. Suppose that’s the advantage of having a slimy chief exec who’s in tight with UEFA too. A farce

Compare and contrast

Match: UEFA Europa League group stage match between Malmö FF and F.C. Copenhagen (1-1), played on 3 October in Sweden

Charges against Malmö FF:
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:
- to order the partial closure of the Malmö FF stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match which they will play as the host club and to fine Malmö FF €50,000 for setting off fireworks and throwing of objects. In particular, Malmö FF must close 5,000 seats in the North Tribune of the Malmö FF stadium
Surely Malmo and Copenhagen must be looking at this and scratching their heads. Have Moestic not had a paltry fine for something similar and Legia none at all?

On the cusp of 20, yes TWENTY fines and not a hint of direct action.

Don't know why I let this anger me, knew another fine was a coming.

***'s.

Surely Malmo and Copenhagen must be looking at this and scratching their heads. Have Moestic not had a paltry fine for something similar and Legia none at all?

Copenhgen should be.

Charges against F.C. Copenhagen:
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Illicit banner - Art. 16 (2) DR

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to fine F.C. Copenhagen €70,000.

I often wonder how far the web of paedophilia stretches they do protect their own allegedly

It’s certainly not just a recent thing that Uefa have gone easy on them how they weren’t banned from Europe after throwing a glass bottles at the Legia keeper plus referee/linesman in 1984 Is incredible.

The replayed tie then had yahoo supporters running on the pitch to attack Legia players with one of them being kicked in the family jewels and needing to attend hospital after the attack.

Must admit I’ve not read the thread but I assume UEFA will have some sort of scale for each offence and the seriousness etc. They can’t just pluck the figures out of the air.

oUsYz2m.gif

Seems to be an arrangement here - Celtic will pay 15000 EUR per game in return for doing whatever the f*ck they want.

Nicely worked.

They only get charged for illicit chanting. Yet ours is sectarian and crucially in uefa eyes racist. Are the club challenging this. What is the difference. I assumed illicit meant political but then we never get charged with that for mentioning the uvf. Only things seemed sictarian in Scotland are the pope and 19th Century Terrorist . Everything else seems to be political
They have been hammering that home for decades, it seems to have worked a treat for them

"illicit banner and illicit chants"

First time ive heard that one. Maybe the FAI delegate to UEFA can explain the difference between "illicit" and "sectarian" chants and why one is worthy of a paltry slap on the wrist while another sees stands being closed?

19th charge, third this season...?

They've never had anything more than a fine, despite:

> pitch invasion
> pro-Terrorist songbook
> repeated instances of flares
> fan violence
> offensive banners aplenty

The mind boggles...

In 2013 after their 5th UEFA fine the Telegraph had this to say...

"Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell warned that the club might have to play games behind closed doors following another fine of £42,000. Most of the punishments have been for “illicit” banners or singing and also the setting off of flares".

PISH!!!

FFS. not exactly surprised by the disparity. Makes you wonder why Legia have not been pulled up....oh wait a minute, they were playing us
Now be fair (sorry FARE) their spies didn't see anything as they had their binoculars and directional microphones aimed at us for the entire 90 minutes.
I was going to say you can't punish what you don't see, but of course, with Rangers it's totally different.

A joke of a system.

Not a level playing field.

Fine after fine for them while we're one song away from behind closed doors? Does not add up.

Copenhgen should be.

Charges against F.C. Copenhagen:
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Illicit banner - Art. 16 (2) DR

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to fine F.C. Copenhagen €70,000.
This is it. Other clubs need to highlight the disparity in the severity of sanctions applied. The hypocrisy is staggering and quite brazen. Does anyone have any sort of notion about who specifically make up these panels? Is it bureaucrats or club executives?

Back