Celtic. Media trying to ‘move along’ - the unanswered questions

Am I missing something here ? He was ineligible to play on Sunday as he should have been in quarantine. Whether Celtic knew or not is immaterial. An ineligible player, played in that game. What are the consequences of fielding an ineligible player ? It can’t be future postponements as that has been handed out to Aberdeen who didn’t play an ineligible player.

Up they pop with Kilmarnock explanation as if by magic.

On this basis why are Celtic matches postponed ?

Are Celtic under quarantine ?

Postponement is not Punishment

18:45
Leitch explains Kilmarnock decision
Jason Leitch has revealed that the Scottish Government and the JRG felt the risk with Kilmarnock was low enough to let them play.

Many wondered why they were able to continue after being exposed to Boli Bolingoli following the Celtic defender’s trip to Spain.

But Leitch said:

This is a judgement call, it’s not black and white. We have judged that the risk with Kilmarnock is low enough for them to keep playing.
We considered it today and we let it go ahead

Did football clubs not used to keep players passports at club ? Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure players handed passports to clubs at start of season, were only returned for international matches etc.

A Celtic fan at my work has just made this very point.

You really have to admire how quickly they get the message out and set the narrative.
[/Quote
Not difficult when you have all your poodles in the countries media shit scared of you.
We should have taken the bull by the horns years ago with this media bias, to late now as they don't fear us.

that is the $64,000 question but I doubt we'll get an answer to it

if Celtic knew and let him on to their bus or whatever they used to get to Rugby Park, they should be hammered for it

Bus. They arrived at Seamill Hydro on Saturday. In Parks of Hamilton buses.

I had the misfortune to be at the Hydro. The Hydro is operating a track and trace system.

I'm awaiting an email from the Hydro advising me that I'm now at risk.

Admin may wish to merge with another thread but things are moving along rapidly here in Celtics favour and folk seem easy pleased at postponed matches as some form of win.

We now have Celtic minded ‘journos’ in the Sun Herald wherever is actually using UEFA stating ‘The match is scheduled for Tuesday 18th at 7:45 and we will make no further comment’ as ‘UEFA give the go ahead for the match’.

This in turn is to stop the awkward questions

Will any of the below feature on your phone ins tonight or print media tomorrow

Why are we now at 4 hours after the Scottish Football JRG ‘commended Celtic’ and postponed 2 of their matches, but we still do not officially know.

1. Where are the SFA disciplinary rules for 2020/21 with covid addendum online ? SFA site has a 19/20 broken link on their page. SPFL league document has covid addendum and is available.

How can anyone know if Bolingoli was firstly eligible and what subsequent sanction Celtic should now face ?

2. There are two Celtic FC matches postponed.

On what covid protocol basis are these matches postponed ?

Is this Government level intervention ? (See UEFA rules)

Are Celtic currently subject to quarantine ?

Is there a definite rule regarding the date at which any such quarantine expires ?

How can anyone possibly declare that Celtics UEFA match ‘definitely goes ahead’ given this radio silence.

3. Why is there no reference anywhere to Kilmarnock FC and the ‘public health implication’ on them stated by Jason Leitch at 12:30.

* At 18:45 he has popped up with a soundbite on Kilmarnock https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/celtic-media-trying-to-‘move-along’-the-unanswered-questions.130251/post-6658436

They should be docked 6 point for failing to fufill their fixtures

what was it the unclean hordes said when we were illegally booted out of the SPL? I would suggest the same logic must therefore apply here:
"postponement isn't the punishment, it's the consequence"

Did football clubs not used to keep players passports at club ? Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure players handed passports to clubs at start of season, were only returned for international matches etc.
That would be the only logical thing for a club to do rather than reminding and expecting 20+ young footballers to remember them for euro matches.

The whole thing stinks.

It's the SPFL, no one will challenge this right now until they are affected and then they'll challenge, long after the iron has become baltic. Look at Hearts lack of challenge when Celtic were awarded the title. No one in this league seems to have the ability to take a long term view at this.

Wouldn't they have them at the club for their up coming European game? I find it hard to believe that c3ltic didn't know he had been to Spain before the game, didn't he talk to other players at training about what he got up too? christ we were all talking about it on Sunday night on here.

No from doncaster ? liewell must still be writing h.a statement for the scotshit football authorities to clear celtic of any wrongdoings. This is cover up number 240. They must lose the point they got at killie for fielding an illegible player.

P7mITY2.jpg

:mad:

As a consequence, the games which are cancelled must be replayed without players who were not registered for this game(for the offending team). Re-arranged Home games for the offending team will be played without fans regardless of the prevailing rules at the time of the re-arranged games. Players from the offending team, who were suspended, remain suspended for the make-up fixtures. Players who were suspended for the original games will remain suspended for the next round of games (if you were suspended for the next two games you are still suspended for the upcoming games, same as if the game was postponed).
Players who ignore the rules deliberately will be suspended for four games for a first offence and 8 for a second. Clubs who knowingly instruct players to play in such circumstances will be deduced the points from all postponed games, including re-arranged games during that period of time. Offending team must pay reasonable compensation to their intended opponent for the loss of earnings or costs for the loss of the fixture. Costs not paid will be deduced from prize money or garnished from player sales at the end of the season. Failure to pay these football costs will result in league membership being revoked.

The only ones benefiting out of this seemingly outcome is dolly and the poets.

They’ve been allowed to dodge bullets big time! Where particularly in the sheep’s’ case - their opponents need to wait then play them when they’re back at full strength. The sheep must be laughing!

Admin may wish to merge with another thread but things are moving along rapidly here in Celtics favour and folk seem easy pleased at postponed matches as some form of win.

We now have Celtic minded ‘journos’ in the Sun Herald wherever is actually using UEFA stating ‘The match is scheduled for Tuesday 18th at 7:45 and we will make no further comment’ as ‘UEFA give the go ahead for the match’.

This in turn is to stop the awkward questions

Will any of the below feature on your phone ins tonight or print media tomorrow

Why are we now at 4 hours after the Scottish Football JRG ‘commended Celtic’ and postponed 2 of their matches, but we still do not officially know.

1. Where are the SFA disciplinary rules for 2020/21 with covid addendum online ? SFA site has a 19/20 broken link on their page. SPFL league document has covid addendum and is available.

How can anyone know if Bolingoli was firstly eligible and what subsequent sanction Celtic should now face ?

2. There are two Celtic FC matches postponed.

On what covid protocol basis are these matches postponed ?

Is this Government level intervention ? (See UEFA rules)

Are Celtic currently subject to quarantine ?

Is there a definite rule regarding the date at which any such quarantine expires ?

How can anyone possibly declare that Celtics UEFA match ‘definitely goes ahead’ given this radio silence.

3. Why is there no reference anywhere to Kilmarnock FC and the ‘public health implication’ on them stated by Jason Leitch at 12:30.

* At 18:45 he has popped up with a soundbite on Kilmarnock https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/celtic-media-trying-to-‘move-along’-the-unanswered-questions.130251/post-6658436
Number 2- In breach of quarantine regulations, so the question is if Bolingoli has breached the same quarantine regulations, then that makes him 100% inelgible to play against Kilmarnock, I reckon Lennon is trying to cover his own club's arse here knowing that if it get's out that he knew about this prior to the Kilmarnock game, then the SFA have a very big decision to make in deducting the point and awarding the three points to Kilmarnock.

That's the way it should be working by the book, but we all know it will get brushed aside,subject changed and lessons must be learned. There is a giant elephant in the room here and the pressure needs to be kept applied.

From BBC Scotland:

It will be "very difficult" for Boli Bolingoli to be accepted back into the Celtic dressing room, says "livid" manager Neil Lennon.

The defender's Covid-19 rules breach has led to the postponement of Celtic's next two Scottish Premiership fixtures.

Lennon says that is a "fair" punishment after Bolingoli did not quarantine following a trip to Spain last week and then played against Kilmarnock.

"We have been bitterly and sorely let down," said the Celtic manager.

Lennon believes two games being postponed is a fair punishment. But it's not a punishment, it's a public health issue.

There should be (needs to be?) a club and player punishment from the SPFL and/or the SFA.
Exactly.

It`s the 2 teams playing the lamb shaggers and Bheast FC that are being punished. Not them.

Who let the cat out the bag about him? If he's been trying to cover it up, usually a denial from that lot will suffice the SMSM and SPFL.
Without trying to be crass, this has got similarities with when PO'D died and they didn't want to play us.

That has never happened no one has the right to have your passport that would like these Asian gang masters

Rangers should be more vocal and asking very loud questions about why our rivals in the title race are not being punished over this. We were told by the board they wouldn’t be found wanting. Now is their chance to prove it.

Bus. They arrived at Seamill Hydro on Saturday. In Parks of Hamilton buses.

I had the misfortune to be at the Hydro. The Hydro is operating a track and trace system.

I'm awaiting an email from the Hydro advising me that I'm now at risk.
You are not at risk unless he tests positive in next week

Ceptic's PR and media team would have been all over this today, no stone unturned. They are the only club in Scotland who would have gotten away with this today. Aberdeen were killed last week for it. Look at Clyde 1 SSB tonight, wheeling out the apologists.
Hollicom would have been heavily involved in setting the scene.
Got to hand it to them, they have it down good.
The player will be fined, transferred, they will miss 2 games, then come middle of next week, it will never have happened, much like the referee's strike, that never happened either due to one manager and one football club.
We have all said on here for years, until we, our club stand up and take some control back, this will continue. Not pointing fingers, but we need strong individuals at the club, the gaffer, he absolutely gets it, but his job is to ensure we win week in/out.
Rant over, just scunnered.

H
From BBC Scotland:

It will be "very difficult" for Boli Bolingoli to be accepted back into the Celtic dressing room, says "livid" manager Neil Lennon.

The defender's Covid-19 rules breach has led to the postponement of Celtic's next two Scottish Premiership fixtures.

Lennon says that is a "fair" punishment after Bolingoli did not quarantine following a trip to Spain last week and then played against Kilmarnock.

"We have been bitterly and sorely let down," said the Celtic manager.

Lennon believes two games being postponed is a fair punishment. But it's not a punishment, it's a public health issue.

There should be (needs to be?) a club and player punishment from the SPFL and/or the SFA.
How in the name of God can a 2 game postponement be deemed a “punishment”, never mind a “fair” one, especially when your form in your last game was dire? It’s effectively a break to regroup & sign players to strengthen your squad on the back of a poor display! Unreal!

Back