Celtic player swallow dive looking for penalty. No yellow

“Just ran out of room there” fucking hell what chance have you got. Same commentary team that laughed off Griffiths behaviour so no surprise. Diving wee prick.

I think if we want to highlight inconsistencies we have to be sensible and objective with them otherwise our argument loses credit

That there wasn’t a dive from the player looking for a penalty. He doesn’t even claim or look round to the referee for it. He sits up pulls his socks up and punches the ground.

Aye. Right.

Ridiculous dive, clear booking and shows what they get away with.

the Alfredo one was also a dive though, shouldn’t be part of the argument.

Ridiculous dive, clear booking and shows what they get away with.

the Alfredo one was also a dive though, shouldn’t be part of the argument.
Alf went down with contact. Again, we're told it's clever play.
The reason it's relevant is to compare the punishment and uproar when he does it to the "ho hum" attitude when it's someone else.

I've got to listen to all the mentally challengeds at work moan about referees and how they get none of these decisions. I honestly don't know how to explain to them its the polar f.ucking opposite. They are a different specimen.

Alf went down with contact. Again, we're told it's clever play.
The reason it's relevant is to compare the punishment and uproar when he does it to the "ho hum" attitude when it's someone else.

It was a dive, our manager has said so as well. There's plenty injustice in Scottish football without trying to defend what doesn't deserve defended.

Has this been mentioned anywhere? Other than here, of course.
That's laughable, blatant cheating.
Can retrospective punishment be given?

It was a dive, our manager has said so as well. There's plenty injustice in Scottish football without trying to defend what doesn't deserve defended.
Where have I defended him?
This is a post comparing the treatment of one player and one team vs everyone else.
I thought that was pretty clear.
Nowhere have I said Morelos didn't dive. There was slight contact on his back and he went down.

Just to clarify, Alfie did not go down under contact, why deny what the TV pictures clearly show, a pathetic attempt to win a penalty that got the booking it deserved.

Johnson's dive is even more pathetic if it actually was an attempt to win a penalty. He was so far away from the Killie player it has me thinking that perhaps he stumbled.
Alf does go down under contact. Very easy to see in the video below. Ntcham touches his back before he falls. Had he decided to dive before the contact? Maybe. Was there contact before went down? 100%. But that's not the point.
Week after week, Walker in particular tells us it's clever play to go down in the box at the slightest of touches. It's very easy to find many examples. Another phrase he likes to use is "He's looking for it. There is contact".
So, to clarify; someone touches Alf he's a cheat and deserves a yellow. No one touches a Celtic player, no one is near him but he just ran out of space.
Again, I thought the OP makes that very clear.

Where have I defended him?
This is a post comparing the treatment of one player and one team vs everyone else.
I thought that was pretty clear.
Nowhere have I said Morelos didn't dive. There was slight contact on his back and he went down.

You've said a couple times that folk see that as "clever play". He didn't invite a foul, or accentuate a foul by going down, he actually had a chance to score and (probably because he was knackered) decided to dive. It shouldn't be part of the debate as it only bring back seeing one of our players doing something he should not have done.

The Johnston dive is ridiculous, the post on twitter and this OP didn't need to show one of our players diving in it!

I will never understand why Alfie went down in that manner, it didn't really make sense as he was through and had a clear shot at goal.
I get the impression he was simply just knackered and knew the game was over.
He had, after all, ran the entire Filth backline into the ground.

However, that Filth player should have also been booked.

You've said a couple times that folk see that as "clever play". He didn't invite a foul, or accentuate a foul by going down, he actually had a chance to score and (probably because he was knackered) decided to dive. It shouldn't be part of the debate as it only bring back seeing one of our players doing something he should not have done.

The Johnston dive is ridiculous, the post on twitter and this OP didn't need to show one of our players diving in it!
As my OP is to compare the example of Alf's treatment and Sky's commentary to the blatant dive of Timmy, how would you suggest I compare the two examples without showing both?

Last edited:
As my OP is to compare the example of Alf's treatment and Sky's commentary to the blatant dive of Timmy, how would you suggest I compare the two examples without showing both?

id not have bothered with Alfredo... he did dive so that commentary is correct and what I’d expect if an impartial English commentator. Just showing the Johnston incident and how ridiculous Walker’s commentary is without reminding folk of Alfredo making a mistake would have been a better idea.

Just to clarify, Alfie did not go down under contact, why deny what the TV pictures clearly show, a pathetic attempt to win a penalty that got the booking it deserved.

Johnson's dive is even more pathetic if it actually was an attempt to win a penalty. He was so far away from the Killie player it has me thinking that perhaps he stumbled.
Maybe Alfie stumbled too!

Alf does go down under contact. Very easy to see in the video below. Ntcham touches his back before he falls. Had he decided to dive before the contact? Maybe. Was there contact before went down? 100%. But that's not the point.
Week after week, Walker in particular tells us it's clever play to go down in the box at the slightest of touches. It's very easy to find many examples. Another phrase he likes to use is "He's looking for it. There is contact".
So, to clarify; someone touches Alf he's a cheat and deserves a yellow. No one touches a Celtic player, no one is near him but he just ran out of space.
Again, I thought the OP makes that very clear.
Alfie dived. Cmon now. I wear the bluest of blue tinted glasses, but he went down far too easily. If that had happened in our box i would have had a coronary if the booking wasnt dished out.

Back