Celtic urge SPFL to release fixture list for new season

prob something to do with the old firm games and getting their players ready for european ties...most of all though id have thought it will be about moving on getting back to reporting on the new football season how wonderful it is to have our game back. No more talk about how bent the game is or pressure on doncaster who has been a nervous wreck.

I’d be amazed if this wasn’t attributed to payments from sky or sponsorship (don’t laugh) that they’re desperate for

My best guesses, this is to kill reconstruction talks stone dead and they want to move on as fast as possible. Simply so they can remove the focus from why we stopped and finished up last season so soon. Shift the focus back on to next season.

An element of wanting to know so they can begin preparing for the Champions League qualifiers as well. They wanted the season to end as quickly as possible but now want it up and running at haste. It has to be financial. Everything is with Lawwell.

If it's financial. I would imagine they have insane operating costs. They want and need normality to return asap. They bang on about how wealthy they are but I highly doubt they are as cash rich as they proclaim.

Also, I've seen it mentioned that this was the summer that certain trials and court appearances were supposed to take place? Can't spin things if you're left with very little to spin with.

This will be so the Doncaster and co can really take a swipe at us by having the 1st game at Ibrox behind closed doors it's gonna happen

They dont want to play behind closed doors for the first old firm game so it'll either be switched to Ibrox or all the fixtures against that mob will be pushed back to next year.

Hypothetically of course, but If the first OF game of next season is palmed off to Ibrox our club had better raise Cain.

My best guesses, this is to kill reconstruction talks stone dead and they want to move on as fast as possible. Simply so they can remove the focus from why we stopped and finished up last season so soon. Shift the focus back on to next season.

An element of wanting to know so they can begin preparing for the Champions League qualifiers as well. They wanted the season to end as quickly as possible but now want it up and running at haste. It has to be financial. Everything is with Lawwell.

If it's financial. I would imagine they have insane operating costs. They want and need normality to return asap. They bang on about how wealthy they are but I highly doubt they are as cash rich as they proclaim.

Also, I've seen it mentioned that this was the summer that certain trials and court appearances were supposed to take place? Can't spin things if you're left with very little to spin with.
It'll be advertising and sponsorship without a doubt. They need cash big time.

Sick of the corruption in Scotland....I want to wake upl tommorow and a mega rich bear has decided he's had enough and hands SG a 150mil war chest to wallop these cants next season as FFP is postponed for 18months

They need to get the mentally challenged scum referees in place for the important games, worked out in advance.

Start of SG’s 1st season the computer gave us 3 away (mentally challengeds, Aberdeen, Motherwell) & 1 home in the first 4 games. The filth had 3 at home (Livingston, Hamilton and Rangers) and 1 away, everyone else had 2 home & 2 away. Random as f**k eh. Still annoys me the club meekly accepted it.

Is this in case questions get asked why the hurry to end the last season so quickly?

Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".

The new Premiership season will start behind closed doors on the weekend of 1 August - if Scotland is in phase two of its coronavirus recovery.
Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training ahead of the new campaign.

Talks will continue regarding how lower league football will restart.

Think that so they can organise a date in December to be GIVEN a tenth, Phoney Title?

It’s went too far already I’m afraid, they don’t even hide it anymore.

At least we know what they do hide.

They just want everybody to move on and stop asking questions about whats gone on. Sad thing is so many other clubs will do this.

It’s clear as day that it is their sponsorship deals that is driving this tush to start the new season. We should throw a spanner in the works by complain8ng to UEFA that we can’t do anything whilst still in the EL

Aye, so the teams who have lost half their squads can’t fulfil their games and they get awarded the points.

Meanwhile our opening fixture list will probably consist of 3 tough away games in our first 4.

They probably want hamilton and ross county at home first couple of games. Give us Aberdeen and Hibs away.

Then if we drop any points they can push to call the league early for “safety” and“threat of the virus”.

Tainted Ten ....
Here why, the last several years we've been back, it's gone like this. Rangers away first game (which is obvious cause poets won league, they get first game at home) then second game is at home to st boo or Hamilton or the like then next two games away basically three away games out of four all against the likes of Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs. poets at home three out of four against diddies. SPFL obviously hoping a nice wee lead early doors for the poets. Liewell has decided if they start the season in August they would have no fans at the piggery. Watch this space for the first time in years we we will be at home three out the four! Ps Rangers will be one of those games at Ibrox, so we have no fans at home, then on to the piggery at new year in front of 60000. Do you think i'm onto something?

Aye, so the teams who have lost half their squads can’t fulfil their games and they get awarded the points.

Meanwhile our opening fixture list will probably consist of 3 tough away games in our first 4.
I suspect we will have a disproportionate amount of home games up to the new year.

Ah yes, let’s quickly move on?

Just for context, when were last seasons fixtures released?

This mob are still worried about something. They are not 100% in the comfort zone yet.

It’s going to be about the old firm fixture dates.
They will demand the 2nd game to be BCD, if as expected, the 1st one at the Piggery is.
It’ll all be about sporting integrity again to make a mockery of getting titles with assumption.

Last year the fixture dates were released on 21st June, it’s on the SPFL website.

And yet, this year of all years, they want fixtures released at the end of May?

Every thing the SPFL and the Tims say and do only adds further credence to their skullduggery.

What a pile of p*sh this is. One of the big problems of the current set up - apart from the uneven number of home and away games against all opponents - is that you don't know the fixture dates for the last few games until the end of March so you get virtually no notice of what might be the most important games. If you are any kind of fan you want to be there and don't want to be making family or other arrangements which might have to be set aside.

I think they are struggling to sell season tickets because their fans know the first game against us is at an empty stadium.

Is this in case questions get asked why the hurry to end the last season so quickly?

Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".

The new Premiership season will start behind closed doors on the weekend of 1 August - if Scotland is in phase two of its coronavirus recovery.
Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training ahead of the new campaign.

Talks will continue regarding how lower league football will restart.
Motherf@ckers! They should be urged to acknowledge their victims first.

Back