Celtic v Hibs in January moved back 2 days without a Hibs agreement, Hibs not happy

Perhaps they are attempting to add an insurance here...
If they drop more points up to and including our game and we continue to do well...they need to go full blown void league scenario. It's the only card they will have left.

Perhaps a handy little impromptu 2 week isolation as they are due back from Dubai will lead to a fixture pile up on top of the existing games in hand they still need to play. The pressure to void will ramp up. With the Euros approaching and with so many players involved, the season can't possibly be extended.

There is always an agenda with these crunts.
We think we've seen it all these past 9 years. Incredibly, the worst might still be to come. Our capitulation on the suspension requests last season may still come back to haunt us.

However, the SPFL have decided to move the fixture in an unprecedented move.

Unprecedented yet explained away as an every day rule to be used by all. Except there is more to this because there is no precedent here and I'm pretty sure it doesn't state in the rules 'favour the home side'. This blatant lie is sickening from the governing body who are once again bending over backwards to favour the national bullies. This from the same Iain Blair who was kicking, screaming and crying over the complex fixture pile up he had to deal with earlier in the year. Well he's just allowed the team with the most difficult schedule to manage to walk all over him and the league with their trademark disrespect and preferential treatment.

Pretty bizarre this. Can't fathom the logic behind them wanting the game moved and definitely can't fathom the logic behind the SPFL agreeing to it.

Pretty bizarre this. Can't fathom the logic behind them wanting the game moved and definitely can't fathom the logic behind the SPFL agreeing to it.
Did the SPFL have a choice? They are banking on repeating their post winter break form from last year to kick on in the performances in the league. Me personally, I think the problem runs deeper than bonding.

should current form continue for both clubs they'd have a new coach in by then and given the nature of the 2 games a week this would give them a 7-8 day window in which a new coach gets his style across

where is this rule.how come we havent heard of this till now.if its been the rule for 22 years lets check it out.and if they are lying demand resignations.also has any other home team ever had a request to move a game been refused in the past 22 years.

Has this ever happened before?

Has any team had the date of a league fixture changed, for their own selfish benefit, when the opposition are against the change?

This is CFC proclaiming 'we may not be top of the league but we are in charge of the league, we call the shots'.
And the SPFL board agreeing with them.

Read the first page but no reading 8 pages of this nonsense. What nefarious game is being played by the terrorists?

Surely this training camp is non essential travel?? Not the same as traveling to European games as your fulfilling obligations.

If it's been the case for 22 years, then surely the SPFL can supply a list of all previous requests and their outcomes?

Surely this training camp is non essential travel?? Not the same as traveling to European games as your fulfilling obligations.
They should be playing one of there 2 games in hand but are getting to %^*& off to another country to re charge the batteries and to get there new signings up to speed.

So Blair made the decision himself before taking it to the board, who then made it public after giving Hibs an hour to consider it , then claiming Hibs had not objected!

So Blair made the decision himself before taking it to the board, who then made it public after giving Hibs an hour to consider it , then claiming Hibs had not objected!
Presumably after a chat with ‘Peter’ Blair went ahead and changed it without talking to Hibs.

Trying to cram a week away in Dubai, travelling home, trying to adjust to time differences and going from a week in the sun to a freezing night game against Hibs sounds like a recipe for disaster.
It really does. Let's hope we offer the players a trip of a lifetime at the end of the season.

They are planning on a massive covid outbreak before the game with us meaning it will be postponed and they will all be out of isolation for the new hibs date

I know I'm taking the piss, but they are up to something
You might not be too far away mate, they cant trust their players so any positive results after xmas would allow for isolation to be over.
Cheating cnuts

Really don’t understand this, surely to F.uck if Hibs do not agree then the game goes ahead on the scheduled date.

Has any reason been given as to why they want it changed?

It'll be something to do with finishing in 2nd place they know 1st place is over for them, Hivs and Sheep are their main concern. :))

I bet Edouard and co. are doing cartwheels at the prospect of a week away with the boozebag. They’ll need to up the ante in their mission to get rid.

We should request the old firm game is moved to 5 January to scupper their plans. SPFL have already said they will agree with whatever the home team wants. (I don’t really want the fixture moved as I can’t wait until we pump them but just making a point.)

SPFL - There will be no winter break this season due to COVID

Celtic - But we want to go to Dubai

SPFL - You have a game against Hibs though

Celtic - Just move it a couple of days!

SPFL - Sound mate

so simple and true

Really don’t understand this, surely to F.uck if Hibs do not agree then the game goes ahead on the scheduled date.

Has any reason been given as to why they want it changed?
The poets have booked a "training camp" in Dubai for after the Old Firm game and the SPFL work for the exclusive benefit of 1 out of 42 clubs.

It's as simple as that.

Them not being made to play there outstanding fixture against Aberdeen on the same midweek as the league cup quarter finals will be even more annoying than the Hibs game being moved.
A week off to reset before the cup final and the run of festive fixtures could be huge for them, especially if they bring in a new manager.

Earlier in the season Kilmarnock, who had a whole team isolating, requested that their league game at Livingston be delayed by a few days as their players only returned on the Friday.

Livingston refused and the SPFL instructed Kilmarnock to play the game.

Now the unwashed want a game moved by a few days (same as Kilmarnock) so their players can go on a winter break (poorer reason than Kilmarnock's) and their opponents refuse (same as Livingston) but the SPFL agree to their request on the basis they are the home club.

There is, as far as I am aware, nothing in the rules to cover this and if the two clubs can't agree the game should go ahead as scheduled.

On the plus side - karma paid a visit to the Tony Macaroni that day and a Kilmarnock team with little prep time pumped Livi 3- 1. Here's hoping karma turns up again on the 11th ;)

The poets have booked a "training camp" in Dubai for after the Old Firm game and the SPFL work for the exclusive benefit of 1 out of 42 clubs.

It's as simple as that.
Never mind, Iran has just promised to eradicate Dubai. Actually to remove it from the map. I wonder if they would hold off till after the new year.

Folk saying we should move the OF game need to remember why we are having that game on the date it is before commenting...

What’s that? Because Sky want to show it on the Saturday?

I highly doubt it being the 50th anniversary has any baring on why the games been picked for the Saturday.

In an ideal world, the game would’ve been on the Sunday so that all those with links to the disaster could remember without the distraction of the football, imo

The more you think about it you can guarantee this has been the mutants plan all along.
The know no one else would make plans for a training camp so they get to re charge the batteries and get there signings up to speed and everyone else just plods along.
Cunts

Back