MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Poor performances all round. Undefeated.
We have had four or five not at anywhere near their usual level and still came away with a point and could have won it at the death. However, that lot are more than good enough to beat the rest of the league next year. What is interesting though is that all their best players today will be gone. Eddy, Elyanoussi are good players. Both will will be off.

Anybody who thinks, "they're pish" is buying into the narrative that they lost the league more than we won it.

They're still a good side and today we went in away from home against a fresh team - us having had a physically and emotionally draining game on Thursday - and still had a comfortable draw and looked more likely to win than lose in the final minutes.

(And despite a nice gesture before the game, Lego (and Brave John) reverted to type in the after-match interviews.)

There's no question in my mind - we won the league - through phenomenal consistency ( unbeaten & more clean sheets - few conceded) entirely through our own excellence & nothing to do with their poor form - (The stats prove this )

Their poor form has merely contributed to how early we won the title & the points difference

All that said - I'm still not able to buy into the idea that they're anything other than the best of the rest or are even a half decent team - let alone a good one

They are really pretty poor imo & I believe their stats prove that personally

Anybody who thinks, "they're pish" is buying into the narrative that they lost the league more than we won it.

They're still a good side and today we went in away from home against a fresh team - us having had a physically and emotionally draining game on Thursday - and still had a comfortable draw and looked more likely to win than lose in the final minutes.

(And despite a nice gesture before the game, Lego (and Brave John) reverted to type in the after-match interviews.)
The last two games should be a wake up for us that perhaps were not as great as we think we are and work remains to be done if we are to make, and give a decent showing, in the CL next season.

The truth is they aren't as far behind us as many would like to believe. There are many reasons being given for our lacklustre performance today, but the fact is theyve run us close in two straight OF games now. The reason they are 20 points behind is largely down to draws rather than defeats. Dont get me wrong,, I think were the beater team, but not by the distance many as stating. They are one good transfer window away from competing with us.

We need to shake off this inconsistency that still seems to plague us. When everyone is on their game there is no doubt we play beautiful football and a match for any side. However, for me it doesnt happen often enough. Perhaps the youthfulness of many players has something to do with it, but whatever the cause I hope we resolve it over the summer.

Today was all they had.

We had 2 days prep to their 13 and all they could take from us was 1 point.

We could also have won that game today whilst rarely leaving 2nd gear.

You won't hear them say that though.

I'd also say for the chances they had they didn't really trouble McGregor at all.

I was there at parkhead when they beat us 5-0 to win 7 in a row and there a couple of weeks before when we got demolished by them at hampden in the cup. Today was as good as a win. Morelos fir the gold. MON THE RANGERS

I find myself recently In old firm games and Europe continually saying " why are we standing off them".

Against Prague, the new year game and even against Antwerp at times we look lethargic and inviting pressure onto ourselves.

I do get that there is a tactic behind it but I think we are overusing it. We look much sharper and more dangerous when we press higher up the pitch.

Our passing today was shocking too.

On the bright side it's one of our worst performance s of the season and they can't beat us.

But we there's a little malaise creeping in of late.

I find myself recently In old firm games and Europe continually saying " why are we standing off them".

Against Prague, the new year game and even against Antwerp at times we look lethargic and inviting pressure onto ourselves.

I do get that there is a tactic behind it but I think we are overusing it. We look much sharper and more dangerous when we press higher up the pitch.

Our passing today was shocking too.

On the bright side it's one of our worst performance s of the season and they can't beat us.

But we there's a little malaise creeping in of late.
I reckon we'll see some heavy rotation in the next few league games with guys like Greg Stewart coming in.
I think it will help to freshen things up and provide a bit of a spark.

I've got to admit I'm a bit disappointed at the result & the way we played
Mostly because we're so much better than that & they're just as bad as they've been lately
A victory for us was there for the taking

But the negativity ends there
We remain unbeaten
They now think they're not actually $hite
They're more inclined to keep that manager & players that really do need binning
They're less likely to 'rip it up & start again'
I think there was also a bit of hangover from Thursday in the play. They were sharper but had had more rest going into the game - think this has been overlooked. We’ve got their number at moment even whilst not being at our best. That was their best. Pump them at Ibrox now and take the Scottish cup - to totally humiliate them.

We are in their heads and job done and title in bag,keep building and give them no room as they need a rebuild.

When Alfredo scored it destroyed them again mentally and their fans.

Awesome !

We have absolutely strolled it this year, most of it in second gear. Yesterday was a dead rubber, and we played like that.

My only bit of food for thought would be that they have dominated the midfield in the last 2 games. We really need Jack back in the middle against them, especially if we get them in the Scottish. The solidity with him in there allows us to be better in the attacking sense and take it to teams.

Reactions: dmg
McGregor keeping his consistent high standards going - but I thought Goldson looked shaky throughout the game.

Reactions: dmg
we dont press as high as we have done in the past , morelos was usually closing down 3 defenders on his own, when he gets help its a different game, then there is no easy ball out from the back

McGregor keeping his consistent high standards going - but I thought Goldson looked shaky throughout the game.
Goldson hasn’t been the same player since Tav was injured. He is having to cover for every attack down our right side, and it’s pulling him out of position.

Reactions: MDM
Back