MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm usually a few beers in at this point, won't be touching it today its not a game worth missing work for. Hope we smash the bastards!

No, it genuinely doesn’t matter.

If we lose today, regardless of the score line and that carries into Thursday then the fans really need to have a look at themselves. Carrying any sort of negativity into Thursday would be utterly mental no matter what happens today.

I agree that there shouldn't be any negativity regardless, however we've been around long enough to know that defeat to them, especially a doing wouldn't just be shrugged off by a fair number of fans.

The league is gone, the aim is to ruin their day and get their arses twitching.
Sick of saying this, but when its not officially over we need to try win every game.

Its 99.9% certain celtic are winning the league, so I'm not setting myself up for a fall or disappointment, I'm not delusional

If the management team aren't going into this game today with a plan to try win then I'd be astounded.

We can still do that with some degree of rotation, but I don't expect wholesale changes

If we win today and get a positive result on Thurs it will send their fans into meltdown going into their next 3 games.

Now I don't think for a second celtic will drop pnts today and 2 other times but I do think its possible they get beat today and drop pnts vs hearts and if the leagues still up for grabs going into the last couple of games and we're in a European Cup final with a Scottish cup final I would be pretty happy with this season

Sick of saying this, but when its not officially over we need to try win every game.

Its 99.9% certain celtic are winning the league, so I'm not setting myself up for a fall or disappointment, I'm not delusional

If the management team aren't going into this game today with a plan to try win then I'd be astounded.

We can still do that with some degree of rotation, but I don't expect wholesale changes
I am in complete agreement. I'm all over the "literally zero thoughts" thread saying the same thing.

I agree mate but I don’t think Gio will

Not so sure, he's not daft and will know he has to put out as strong a team as possible. Only player I'd be taking away from the possibility of injury is Kent, simply because we are so short of options for Thursday and he's so important.

Barely thought about this game at all. Would love a cheeky wee old firm win on the side as a confidence booster for Thursday.

I am in complete agreement. I'm all over the "literally zero thoughts" thread saying the same thing.
Yeah that is nonsense…….people say they have zero thoughts about it…….but start a thread on it! It’s clearly nonsense and just a coping mechanism in case we get beat.

I still think we will rotate a fair few today as Thursday is massively more important, but with our injuries up front and Balogun suspended there’s a limited amount of changes we can actually make.

A tricky one for Gio,does he go all in on thursday and play a reserve line up today or what i think hel do play a similar line up as played vs motherwell.

I'd expect them to carry more of a threat if Giakoumakis is fit, hopefully Gio has a few more tactical tweaks to snuff them out like last time, they created very little over 120 mins.

Interested to see how Gio lines up the team today

Do we leave out the likes of Kent, Aribo, Lundstram, Jack etc

I would and keep them fresh for Thursday

Whilst we always want to beat the scum today isn’t the priority

Weird as that sounds but if we lose today it won’t affect my mood as usually it upsets me. Today is totally different

I have the same feeling about this match as I would for any other one against these Papish dogs, and that’s to go out and utterly destroy them.

Today is no different to that, but clearly there’s more at stake for them in terms of getting that unassailable advantage.

We can sweep that away from under their feet and shut that slovenly, constantly greasy heffer they have for a manager right up.

Away win for me today, I’m hoping for a curveball in Lowry and the wee man tears them to shreds, other than that we go and do a job only Walter Smith would have been proud of.

It shows how thin the squad really is once a few injures hit. I think we have no option to put out a strong team although I expect a couple of curve balls. McLaughlin and Davis can come in without weakening us. Big concern is Kent looking at Thursday and given the loss of Morelos, Roofe, Ramsey and Hagi to forward options. Big call.

The build up has felt very low key mainly because of one eye on Europa Final and because League is not in our own hands. But remember we are the Reigning Champions, We Are The People, we will win today 0-1!

At a guess

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Wright
Itten
Sakala

Still a bit meh about today. Weirdest feeling ever tbh. Can’t get my mind off Thursday. This feels the equivalent of Partick Thistle away.
My concern is that some of the matchday squad may feel the same - they've struggled to get up for many a league game this season, and with Thursday on the horizon I don't feel confident that thoughts won't already be turning to then.

A draw is no use to us league wise, but it's the best we can hope for IMO...

Last edited:
I reckon we will make 3-4 changes in the side but I still think Gio will pick a strong team. No doubt Thursday is much bigger but getting a drubbing the game before, esp off them, isn’t the way to go imo.

I’d probs go with something like McLaughlin, Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic: Davis, Arfield, Lundstram: Aribo, Sakala and Kent.

Will regret this, have same feeling as the cup semi, not thought about the game that much, but fairly confident we will get a result today

At a guess

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Wright
Itten
Sakala
I would honestly rather play Lowry as a false/supporting 9 than Itten - Wright & Sakala are bad enough but throwing Itten in after a year in the wilderness of showing nothing at all? - we'd be a man down from kick off

The pressure's all on them, and they're going to be shiting themselves. They know that if they get any sort of result, it's all over bar the shouting. Let's make sure they don't get to party today.

Reactions: VMS
Back