Champions League Final: Harrowing accounts of post-match violence spark debate

Olympics could be a P.R disaster for Paris now, all those corporate sponsors will be very nervous to attend any event in or around St Denis.

Not to mention the average Olympic spectator, rich pickings for the muggers. What will the police force do enforce curfews in the nearby estate's?

Events in Paris put our own in Seville into perspective. Apologies make me angry because they’re meaningless. What’s needed is a full explanation and acceptance that mistakes were made whether by UEFA, police or local officials. I want to understand what discussions took place regarding the opening, staffing and stocking of kiosks in Sevilla. It’s unbelievable that such a simple thing was so fucked up.

Funny you say that. I’ve never been and I live in Australia now. I’m over in September for my wedding and after we were planning to go to Paris for a few days with my 11 year old son. Disney land and the louvre etc. I’m kind of second guessing it cause I never hear stories from Paris that don’t make it seem like a backwards shithole.

Like every big city, Paris has shithole areas. We’ve a number in and around our own city of Glasgow.

All I can say is that my experience of visiting Paris as a sightseer (also for the French Open and not to follow football) was absolutely amazing.

Architecturally and culturally it is just stunning. Montmatre district for an evening of cafe dining is superb as well. Very lively.

The transport system is fabulous with tickets you buy that cover rail bus and metro and even open top sightseeing buses. It’s so easy to travel round.

So, if you’re travelling as a tourist just spending time visiting the sites around the heart of Paris, I reckon you and your family will love it. We did. Anyway, each ti their own I suppose.

Last edited:
France still seems to have a problem where people live in their own communities and don't mix or are not allowed to mix. Ghettos are created where criminality is the main way to survive. Whilst it looks horrific for the fans thankfully it doesn't happen as much these days. Wonder if these Liverpool fans grew up in the south east if it was the worst experience of their lives. Taxing and violence can't have been too far away if you grew up in Liverpool itself

Like every big city, Paris has shithole areas. We’ve a number in and around our own city of Glasgow.

All I can say is that my experience of visiting Paris as a sightseer (also for the French Open and not to follow football) was absolutely amazing.

Architecturally and culturally it is just stunning. Montmatre district for an evening of cafe dining is superb as well. Very lively.

The transport system is fabulous with tickets you buy that cover rail bus and metro and even open top sightseeing buses. It’s so easy to travel round.

So, if you’re travelling as a tourist just spending time visiting the sites around the heart of Paris, I reckon you and your family will love it. We did. Anyway, each ti their own I suppose.
This is a typical experience. Pretty much anywhere you go you have a good time without any hassle from authorities

But when it's football fans, they turn authoritarian

And their thuggish pigs love the chance to take their brutality out on foreign football fans and leave the local immigrant communities alone for a few nights.

Imagine them trying this with our support man Jesus there would be carnage
Not all Liverpool fans are Angels mate, but these bastards pick their victims.
We have plenty of woman, kids and guys in our support who would make easy targets for them.
The fact some of this happened right outside the stadium with no Police in sight is disgusting.

Common thread as to the thugs, look like fourth or fifth generation of
ex Algerian, and who would go there.

Did you go to Disney? Any tips?
Stay in one of the hotels adjacent to the park as you will need to make most of your day trying out different rides but being handy to pop back to your hotel to rest up for a bit, especially if you want to see the fireworks display that takes place later at night when darkness falls

Back