Champions League tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is RG in the 90's team?

At a guess mixing up Frank Rijkaard and Ruud Gullit.

No idea why.

gullit-van-basten-rijkaard.jpg

A real win for football that. And has brought a fresh air and hope to a competition thats been otherwise boring for a a long long time. Feeling a bit nostalgic but they've just gained a fan.

Ajax tore up the rules tonight and then some!

Having got themselves an equaliser, you'd have thought they'd have clung on for a breakaway goal, or at the least a backs to the wall hold-out for extra time and penalties. Instead, they went for it, and then some, and totally turned the tables on Juventus rocking them back on their heels and absolutely dominated that second half.

Given their esprit de corps, I no longer think its outrageous that they might just go on to win it, and in the city where they suffered defeat in the 69 final.

Ajax have restored my mojo tonight for the Champions League.

That’s the first time in Man Utd’s European history that they’ve lost a knockout tie by 4 goals or more

Leidseplein has gone mental. Trams can’t get through.

My phone camera is shite @AmsterdamBear . Got any good pics? This is utterly mental!
I was in my bed, early start this morning....

Although I might as well not bothered going to bed, fuckers were still going at about half 2!

Incredible achievement for them, thoroughly deserved too, they’re playing teams off the park and are now the side no one wants to play.

A massive well done to Ajax. Outstanding performance away from home. Getting beat 1-2 actually flattered Juventus. Theyre a very talented team and have a great togetherness, work ethic and attitude. It’s a shame they’ll lose a lot of their players in the summer.

What isn’t a shame is Juventus and Ronaldo lifting the Champions League trophy.

Man United in 2019 with 3 of their back 4 consisting of Young, Jones and Smalling simply won't do.

As for Ajax, only started watching when they went 2-1 up really; great for the competition.

Great to see Ajax go to Turin and dominate Juve the way they did, cheered their goals and happy to see them progress.
The game in Amsterdam was over 4k short of capacity, surprised they aren't being called a tinpot club on here.

Ajax are simply a joy to watch and it's a shame that their players will be poached by the circling sharks in the summer.

Similar to that cracking Monaco side a few seasons ago which had the likes of Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Fabinho, Mendy etc.

The fact Ajax have been away to Bayern, Madrid & Juventus this season in the CL and 2 won and drew 1 is simply incredible.

De Ligt -19
De jong - 21
Dolberg-21
Van De Beek -21
Neres -22

These guys could be on par with the Ajax superstars of the 90s

During the game the commentator said that he had been speaking to a Norwegian journalist , a veteran of European tournaments who said that he had fallen in love with Ajax three times , the first time the Cruyff team , the second time the great team of the 90s and now this team .
I thought they were excellent tonight and also against Real in the last round . I now hope that they go onto win it for I have really enjoyed watching them .I even found myself agreeing with Chris Sutton's post match comments when he said that in the present day when billions are being spent on the game it is refreshing to see a team that is composed almost entirely of players who have come through the academy

Will we ever be able to produce a side like Ajax? It seems pretty unlikely with the tactics the hammer throwers in our league get away with against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back