Chris Jack - "Aston Villa on course to name Rangers boss Steven Gerrard as manager"

An enormous backwards step if he were to go

He will win nothing there
He will qualify for nothing there
He will be hailed a “success” if he manages to keep them up
He will be no closer to the Liverpool job if he goes there

That is not the Steven Gerrard we know as a player and as a manager

I just need to hope he says no thanks

Aww jeez really thought he would stay until end of season at least hopefully no truth in this.

If he’s seriously considering it let’s hope he sees sense and has a change of heart.

There are always jobs like the Villa job cropping up.

An enormous backwards step if he were to go

He will win nothing there
He will qualify for nothing there
He will be hailed a “success” if he manages to keep them up
He will be no closer to the Liverpool job if he goes there

That is not the Steven Gerrard we know as a player and as a manager

I just need to hope he says no thanks
It's a good job to get as their players are better than the league position suggests so he could easily turn things around and get them top half of table. That would do better for his CV than a second spl medal.

Sad news if its true. I reckon he's off as Chris Jack is mates with Thomas Jordan Aston Villa communications Director and ex Evening Times sports journalist.

If he does go will lose alot of respect for Gerrard. Just because of the timing, leaves the club at the worst possible time. End of season I understand it tbh
If he left during the summer or next summer I don't think anyone would complain really. Leaving two weeks before a cup semi-final, a Europa qualification decider and probably the most important month of fixtures? Doesn't even bear thinking about man.

Bad timing. Very bad. Slightly disappointed by Stevie but his words recently may suggest he's peed off with the board.

Got to thank him. He brought 55. That was the job. Legend.
If he was not interested then he could have stopped all the talk by making a statement, the fact he has said nothing speaks volumes, if he goes this early in the season I would never forgive him, just my personal feelings, we shall see what happens.

If he left during the summer or next summer I don't think anyone would complain really. Leaving two weeks before a cup semi-final, a Europa qualification decider and probably the most important month of fixtures? Doesn't even bear thinking about man.
I agree mate

Not winning the league this season is unthinkable. It will give the tims a lift aswell

I do wonder what some of the players will be thinking too. Worried

Back