Christmas 2020 League Table v Christmas 2021 League Table

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
2020 Premiership Table at Christmas

1826E2CD-A9E9-4D9D-965B-BE3AEE6C33CD.jpeg

And Christmas 2021 Premiership Table

884B2EBD-AF4A-4991-80D8-04540AD06672.jpeg

So we are 5 points worse off than this time last year. I suppose rational thinking suggests that it’s fair enough after having to change a manager in the first half of the season. Dread to think we’re we’d be with Gerrard and his team still around. We were so flat, shipping goals and not scoring enough. Games like today shows just how key keeping clean sheets are.

What’s interesting that should Celtic win their game in hand on Wednesday which will take them to 44 points, when they had played 19 games last season they were only 1 point worse off on 43….

05D1DA19-F53D-4229-B8FF-EEDAFCE28817.jpeg

Just goes to show they haven’t really improved as much as is being made out. This time last year there were riots in the car park and Lennon was being hounded and they are on almost identical points. If anything their current manager is getting an easy time of it because we’ve been worse.

The sooner we bury these cunts, the better.

I think it’s false to say they haven’t improved. The way they have been grinding out scrappy one goal wins is something that you have to give them credit for, notwithstanding that they have been aided by terrible refereeing decisions and freak luck in the process.

As for us, it’s the home games that have really let us down. To draw against Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hearts at home is just so poor and has cost us a huge lead over the scum. The Aberdeen one is fair enough, with a different perspective one could argue that we did well to secure a draw there after a really bad start. But the way we dominated the Motherwell and Hearts games, missed sitter after sitter and then conceded equalisers is very hard to take even now.

View attachment 3544

View attachment 3545

So we are 5 points worse off than this time last year. I suppose rational thinking suggests that it’s fair enough after having to change a manager in the first half of the season. Dread to think we’re we’d be with Gerrard and his team still around. We were so flat, shipping goals and not scoring enough. Games like today shows just how key keeping clean sheets are.

What’s interesting that should Celtic win their game in hand on Wednesday which will take them to 44 points, when they had played 19 games last season they were only 1 point worse off on 43….

View attachment 3546

Just goes to show they haven’t really improved as much as is being made out. This time last year there were riots in the car park and Lennon was being hounded and they are on almost identical points. If anything their current manager is getting an easy time of it because we’ve been worse.

It's 'KEEPING THE ZERO'!
'Get it in your heads now'.

See what I did there? :)) :)) :))

Well gd c 2 see we've hit halfway point so at least if season ends they cant declare null & void.

View attachment 3544

View attachment 3545

View attachment 3546

you can put lipstick on a pig...

I think it’s false to say they haven’t improved. The way they have been grinding out scrappy one goal wins is something that you have to give them credit for, notwithstanding that they have been aided by terrible refereeing decisions and freak luck in the process.

As for us, it’s the home games that have really let us down. To draw against Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hearts at home is just so poor and has cost us a huge lead over the scum. The Aberdeen one is fair enough, with a different perspective one could argue that we did well to secure a draw there after a really bad start. But the way we dominated the Motherwell and Hearts games, missed sitter after sitter and then conceded equalisers is very hard to take even now.
Maybe but I think I will give some credit for the grinding out results to poor match officials!

View attachment 3544

View attachment 3545

View attachment 3546

I have argued with a lot of people that they are poorer this year than last year but it’s a myth apparently

The only table that will matter is the one when the team at the top can no longer be caught.
Then we, hopefully, will be champions again (oh way, oh way).
We're better now, and improving, since the start of the season. They are getting more desperate by the game.

2nd Jan? Win that, and we won't be caught.
WATP

View attachment 3544

View attachment 3545

View attachment 3546

Great point, shows they are still the mediocre side scraping through and we are the ones that need to improve. Yes we need to tidy up and start being ruthless but nowhere as much as those cunts.
Put them to bed in Jan and we will be fine.

They haven't dropped as many points at home that they should have due to horrific ref decisions, three stonewall penalties denied to Dundee United, Livvy and Motherwell, never mind being awarded 3 points against Hearts despite a blatant offside goal. Add the ludicrous 7 minute late winner midweek at Ross County and its clear that only refs have kept them in the title race so far. We should be miles ahead and the upcoming Piggery tie a free-hit.

What a two seasons we have had...We have become spoilt and hence why some have a breakdown at a 1-0 win in middle of December. Happy days all round and i think once we come out of the game with the Woolly Humpers and Savilles 11 we shall be well on the way to Champions League football.

The riots were due to their fake 10 slipping away. Any normal season, they accept being second fiddle. That’s their natural place.
This is true, 56 will soon get them back accepting their place rather than the free hit they thought would take them there with the tainted titles.

Bellends.

Motherwell and Hearts were really disappointing as I felt it was the best we'd played all season. McGregor dropping the ball in the last minute for a gift better not come back to haunt us.

It’s nice to look at that , we are still in the driving seat. My one nagging concern is literally handing 6 points to them by drawing 3 games at Ibrox already. To draw with hearts I can accept but Motherwell and the sheep at Ibrox ? Those games haunt me

They'll still think of it as an achievement when they finish 2nd in the league come May. It'll be how celtic lost the league, not how Rangers won it.

Both sides had sloppy starts but are now on winning runs.

We need to win the next 2 games then put them back on their box on 2nd.

Points wise, they’ve not improved but I think their points tally is a false reflection of their improvement in a way.

We need to remain focussed on getting a similar points tally in the remaining 19 games which would see us win the league.

If we hadn’t dropped points all over the place at the start of the season Big Flange would either be gone or under serious pressure and would've had sharknado the sequel already.

i do think he’s getting an easy ride because we‘ve been poor too.

Can't agree with that assessment tbh. We are only 1 defeat and a draw worse results wise after 19 games than in our record breaking season last season. Given no team in recent history (Liverpool and Manchester City first 2 that spring to mind) has matched or improved on their records the following season I'd wager we've done pretty well so far, points wise, compared to previous league winning sides, us or them, over the last 20 years or so. Could we be better? Obviously. Did I expect us to have more points than we currently have? Not really, given how much of an anomaly last year was.

Them, compared to last season, there is very, very little difference if emotion and the media driven perception of huge improvement is removed. Out of 2 European competitions by Christmas, suffering heavy/embarrassing defeats along the way. Check. Very best outcome for them is being 1 solitary point (big assumption based on them not dropping any points from their game in hand) better off than last season, worst case, for them, 2 points less than what they had halfway through last season. Check. A much thinner squad quality wise than last season. Check. Late, late goals, dubious goals, refereeing blunders all contributing to keeping them just in touch pre 2nd OF (relating to your point I'm sure they had 6 or 7 one goal wins, mostly with late goals by this stage). Check. No difference really whatsoever, except they are in a cup final today, that's it, no matter how anyone dresses it up they aren't suddenly 1970 Brazil. They are as poor as they were last season.

View attachment 3544

View attachment 3545

View attachment 3546

Celtic were really on 46 points at the time though because their 3 games in hand were guaranteed wins remember.

There at least 12 points better off at the moment due to the refs.

Overall the tables show just how much we're dominating the league again. Yet no surprise we get virtually no positive promotion from the media.

Hearts was one of the worst

Literally last kick of the ball
Hearts created a few chances though during that second half. I can almost accept that draw .

Giving the sheep a 2 goal start , and drawing with Motherwell who had literally one shot on target, is hard to accept. Three draws at Ibrox against those teams is gnawing away in my mind

Few posters were all twisted up the other night when I was saying they are a garbage side. Judge them against us and in Europe. They are found out time after time.
You also need to take care of the SPL dross to win titles, especially at home - something we've struggled with this season.

I'm confident we'll get the better of them in the head to heads, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee the title. We can't get complacent.

You also need to take care of the SPL dross to win titles, especially at home - something we've struggled with this season.

I'm confident we'll get the better of them in the head to heads, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee the title. We can't get complacent.
Of course. The players will remain focused. I genuinely think they will fall away just after Xmas break.

The only difference is how we’re doing. If we were doing as well as last season they’d be chasing fatty round the car park.
The primary difference is that they’re now not chasing “the 10”
That was the biggest thing in their lives, the holy grail… and we took it from them, even after them
being handed the first half of the league wins on a plate and then getting a trophy for completing half a season, we still stopped them. Never let them forget it, it haunts them

Last season that lot finished on 77 points. Given how they're doing so far this season, I'd be very surprised if they don't beat that. They've won far more tight games than you'd expect with that defence, and have found a way not to concede too often.

We were never going to match last season, we all knew that. The snapshot of the league right now isn't enough to suggest they won't be better than they were the second half of last season.

They’ve improved and they’ve also got the refs massively on their books this season as well.

We just need to do what we can do.

A title battle is good for us and the game in Scotland. We are better though so will win the league again.

It’s an absolute myth to say they have improved. What people see if a change to the style of play they have where they have a couple of fast players up top in this George Michael lookalike lady's front bottom and the wee diving Japanese, but in reality they are still slow and turgid and grind out results. If you read the media, it’s they who should be running away with it, in fact you would be made to think that they are running away with it and we are languishing behind, such is the lavish praise that they receive.

The reality is that they are 1 point better off than they were last season, 1 point. And they’ve had loads of help in the gaining of that 1 point.

The media forget that we are still far ahead in every single way, yet we get zero praise for it. We are 7 points ahead, and with a mid season wobble in the changing of managers, we’ve maintained a consistency that’s allowed us to stretch the gap, albeit by virtue of playing 1 match more, we’ve shown that our squad of players can adapt to whatever situation is thrown at them, whereas the manks have looked like imploding at times but they still get the breaks that allow them to get 3 points at times when they shouldn’t be anywhere near them.

In the end they will need more than that wee bit of luck to catch up with us. The media and the rest of the land are starting forget who the champions are in this country, come 5pm on the 2nd Jan, they will be in no doubt who is the champions and who is the best team in this league.

*spoiler: it won’t be the team that plays this “Angeball” pish, put it that way…

They are seemingly playing 'better' to the eyes, but playing better doesn't get you results. Results wise they're about as equal as last season.

The only difference is we've been poorer, which is something we addressed swiftly with the appointment of Gio.

Suppose they won't collapse in the new year this year either - so they will call it improvement. But it's a bit like saying getting your door handles smeared in dug shite rather than horse shite is an improvement

The past few years under Gerrard I had no fear playing against them and was quite confident in getting a result

Come this January, I'm actually quite confident that we're leaving there with a point or 3. If that's an improvement to them, then I hope they keep 'improving'

Back