Christmas 2020 League Table v Christmas 2021 League Table

They are seemingly playing 'better' to the eyes, but playing better doesn't get you results. Results wise they're about as equal as last season.

The only difference is we've been poorer, which is something we addressed swiftly with the appointment of Gio.

Suppose they won't collapse in the new year this year either - so they will call it improvement. But it's a bit like saying getting your door handles smeared in dug shite rather than horse shite is an improvement

Their " big plan " is to keep near to us until we play both Aberdeen away and then at the Piggery. Tbf, refs have allowed that to happen. We should already be miles in front.

We are on an impressive run just now and have a real chance over the next week to put ourselves out of sight.

They are going to struggle with the amount of games leading up to the 2nd. If we win all 3 games they are not catching us and they will probably go into meltdown mode

Well gd c 2 see we've hit halfway point so at least if season ends they cant declare null & void.
But as Gio hasn't been here the full half they will deduct the difference and give it to them. There's always a way in the name of clear green and grey sporting integrity.

They now play twice in the league before we play St Boo, let’s see how they handle chasing

2020 Premiership Table at Christmas

View attachment 3544

And Christmas 2021 Premiership Table

View attachment 3545

So we are 5 points worse off than this time last year. I suppose rational thinking suggests that it’s fair enough after having to change a manager in the first half of the season. Dread to think we’re we’d be with Gerrard and his team still around. We were so flat, shipping goals and not scoring enough. Games like today shows just how key keeping clean sheets are.

What’s interesting that should Celtic win their game in hand on Wednesday which will take them to 44 points, when they had played 19 games last season they were only 1 point worse off on 43….

View attachment 3546

Just goes to show they haven’t really improved as much as is being made out. This time last year there were riots in the car park and Lennon was being hounded and they are on almost identical points. If anything their current manager is getting an easy time of it because we’ve been worse.

The sooner we bury these cunts, the better.
This is a silly post. They were humiliated in the cup, humiliated in Europe and putting in God awful performances last season. They're doing much better in Europe and are in a cup final today.

Pretending they're totally shite does nobody any favours.

This is a silly post. They were humiliated in the cup, humiliated in Europe and putting in God awful performances last season. They're doing much better in Europe and are in a cup final today.

You have totally missed the point of this thread. Some going that

I said they haven’t improved as much as is being made out. Come Wednesday they’ll likely be 1 point better off than this time last year and it’s only down to us being 5 points worse off they are still in it.

That's just the league though. They were eliminated from the LC at home by County (that was the shark night) and absolutely humiliated by Prague home and away in the group stage where they finished bottom. Those Prague games were regularly cited by their fans as a final straw in terms of support for lennon (he famously said after the first game that they'd never be beaten like that again.)

Also need to take momentum into account. They started strongly last season in the league then imploded. Opposite this year. I had a look at their fixtures after they drew against Dundee Utd at home and fancied Postucoglu to get sacked a few weeks later.

I suppose going out of 2 European trophies before Christmas and finishing 3rd instead of 4th losing a europa league record number of goals in the process is improvement i suppose, compared to last season. Being slightly less shite doesn't equate to pretending they're massively improved either though.

Posts like this burst my nut.

I think Celtic are garbage. One of the worst filth teams I've seen. I'm not "pretending".

Me thinking they are shite has absolutely zero impact on anything.

You worry away about stuff you can't control, others don't need to.

The reality is that it’s likely they’ll have won the first trophy of the season by the end of today. This will bring a lot of confidence.

By the same token, a defeat today would be a big blow, especially given how we managed to squeeze out a win yesterday.

From the position we are in now the games against them are going to be very important. As it looks like they won't be allowed to drop many points.

We just need to keep focusing on ourselves and making sure we're doing all the basics right.

Finish teams off, and keep the zero.

If we do that whatever else happens, we should've done enough.

They lost 3 games early on.

But since then, they definitely have improved. They are on a winning run of games similar to us, and we are without doubt in a title battle.
We were promised attacking football where ra Celts might win or lose 6-5 but who cares it would be pyoor Cellick style.

Now they grind out ref assisted 1 goal victories. We’re supposed to believe that is the mark of “Champions”. They need to make their minds up.

Not sure it’s worthy of being called a myth, it’s definitely not true

Really? How so? Less points than last year, would have been out of Europe again if it wasnt for the new trophy. Sold their 2 best players and Edouard is miles better than than Kyogo. (Wouldnt even bother debating that). Had we played at last years level and points total the league would actually be over.

In what respect other than hype have they actually improved? Oh and if it wasnt for 7mins of added time and 2 stone wall penalties against them ignored. We would have a double figure lead. Total myth that they are better.

The problem is us, it’s not them

We would have been looking at a new manager for them tomorrow if our home form had been where it should

Last season after 19 games they were out of the europa league, on 43 points, and had lost to Rangers twice in that time, and were rioting in the car park.

This season after 19 games they're out of europa league, on 42 points having only lost to rangers once...but Angeball.

If we get 4 points from the remaining old firm games (though I believe we'll get more), then there's no way that current Celtic squad will win enough games to make up ground. The cup has plastered over some cracks, but there's no way if we can maintain out standards that they'll catch us.

Last season after 19 games they were out of the europa league, on 43 points, and had lost to Rangers twice in that time, and were rioting in the car park.

This season after 19 games they're out of europa league, on 42 points having only lost to rangers once...but Angeball.

If we get 4 points from the remaining old firm games (though I believe we'll get more), then there's no way that current Celtic squad will win enough games to make up ground. The cup has plastered over some cracks, but there's no way if we can maintain out standards that they'll catch us.
They have improved on their total of Hamstring injuries. In fact they are in the Champions league there. :)

They are a far better side than they were last season (best starting 11) but they have a inferior squad which is showing now. Hence the reason the clamber to get an early break, to let them strengthen before it's out of reach.

Celtic were really on 46 points at the time though because their 3 games in hand were guaranteed wins remember.
I looked up their points after 19 games last year and they are 2 points worse off and were are 5 worse off

Really? How so? Less points than last year, would have been out of Europe again if it wasnt for the new trophy. Sold their 2 best players and Edouard is miles better than than Kyogo. (Wouldnt even bother debating that). Had we played at last years level and points total the league would actually be over.

In what respect other than hype have they actually improved? Oh and if it wasnt for 7mins of added time and 2 stone wall penalties against them ignored. We would have a double figure lead. Total myth that they are better.
Would you say they are worse?

Our performances have dipped from last year which is understandable after our once in a generation season last year. Think that’s why it is so hard to defend a championship, feels like more injuries this year, players not reaching levels of last year but one thing we can do now is grind out wins when it’s needed which is a massive quality the team have. Gio coming in has definitely gave us a boost at the right time going into Decembers run of fixtures in hindsight. Half way mark and I reckon if we could get close to 14 wins out of remaining 19 games that would give us 90 points which will be enough this year a think. Tried to work out how many wins at half way mark last year was required and was close going with previous points tally’s…sad I know!

Back