CL qualifying

Just to hijack this a little but am I right in saying the 20,30,40 million that gets quoted for our league winners with the CL group stage is actually split if we have 2 teams in the group stage?
In truth no one guaranteed a set amount of £35m but both can earn that type of amount of money

Both would get €15.64m each for been in the group stage after that it is down performance wise from each side €2.8m a win €938k a draw with the unclaimed draw money split between the group/clubs

Qualifying for last 16 gets you €9.6m

There is TV Money amount which is unknown but is split 55%/45% in favour of the Champions, Scotland's amount is a percentage of the UK tv money

Add co-efficient money and gate money

Last edited:
Just to hijack this a little but am I right in saying the 20,30,40 million that gets quoted for our league winners with the CL group stage is actually split if we have 2 teams in the group stage?
Nope

There is 15mil euro for qualifying for the groups for everyone, they are due around 8mil for their 10 year coefficient, we get 3.5mil

The rest is performance based, at 1mil euro a point give or take

They'll not make close to 30 or 40 mil from the UCL

I enjoy reading the optimists on here in respect of reaching the CL group stages next season. We had the easiest of routes against Malmö and blew it. Any team in the knock-out stages poses a threat to our ambitions of CL group stage. Knowing us, we will do it the hard way by winning the EL in Sevilla.

So we are gaurenteed Europa league goup stages no matter what now?

Decent wee safety net if we lose qaulifier assuming that's the route wee need to take.

Still haunted by losing games before season even started back in the 90s and no european football again till the following season.

Last edited:

The tv money is all that is split. All other funds are rsised by the club(s) through qualifying for group stage (£15m), ticket & sponsorship revenue and results.

If we don't win Europa League then that would be our schedule if we finish 2nd

* will be a Saturday game due to CL participation - rest of dates based on information the SPFL released earlier this year

R1 30th July* Away
CLQR3 1st leg m/w 3rd August
R2 6th August* Home
CLQR3 2nd leg 9th August
R3 13th August*
CLPO 1st Leg m/w 17th August
R4 20th August*
CLPO 2nd Leg m/w 24th August
R5 27th August
LC 2nd round m/w 31st August

R6 w/e 3rd September
CL/EL GSMD1 m/w 6th September
R7 w/e 10th September
CL/EL GSMD2 m/w 13th September
R8 w/e 17th September
International Period - 19th to 27th September

R9 w/e 1st October
CL/EL GSMD3 m/w 5th October
R10 w/e 8th October
CL/EL GSMD4 m/w 12th October
R11 w/e 15th October
LC Quarter-finals m/w 18th October
R12 w/e 22nd October
CL/EL GSMD5 m/w 25th October
R13 w/e 29th October

CL/EL GSMD6 m/w 2nd November
R14 w/e 5th November
R15 m/w 9th November
R16 w/e 12th November

R17 w/e 17th December
R18 w/e 24th December
R19 m/w 27th December
R20 w/e 31st December
R21 m/w 3rd January
R22 w/e 7th January
R23 w/e 14th Janaury - LC Semi-finals
SC w/e 21st January?

If we don't win Europa League then that would be our schedule if we finish 2nd

* will be a Saturday game due to CL participation - rest of dates based on information the SPFL released earlier this year

R1 30th July* Away
CLQR3 1st leg m/w 3rd August
R2 6th August* Home
CLQR3 2nd leg 9th August
R3 13th August*
CLPO 1st Leg m/w 17th August
R4 20th August*
CLPO 2nd Leg m/w 24th August
R5 27th August
LC 2nd round m/w 31st August

R6 w/e 3rd September
CL/EL GSMD1 m/w 6th September
R7 w/e 10th September
CL/EL GSMD2 m/w 13th September
R8 w/e 17th September
International Period - 19th to 27th September

R9 w/e 1st October
CL/EL GSMD3 m/w 5th October
R10 w/e 8th October
CL/EL GSMD4 m/w 12th October
R11 w/e 15th October
LC Quarter-finals m/w 18th October
R12 w/e 22nd October
CL/EL GSMD5 m/w 25th October
R13 w/e 29th October

CL/EL GSMD6 m/w 2nd November
R14 w/e 5th November
R15 m/w 9th November
R16 w/e 12th November

R17 w/e 17th December
R18 w/e 24th December
R19 m/w 27th December
R20 w/e 31st December
R21 m/w 3rd January
R22 w/e 7th January
R23 w/e 14th Janaury - LC Semi-finals
SC w/e 21st January?
Seemingly UEFA want group stage matches played before 21 November now, due to World Cup.

Lots wrong in this Record article but the basic bit of dates for the various matches appears sound enough. Lots of games Jul-Nov. Simple solution, win Europa League.:)

Still very tough teams in Q3 despite being seeded.

Cypriot, Danish , Austrian and Turkish teams, I think.

Whats the PO options? There's only four teams in the PO round should we get through.

Benfica, the Dutch and French teams will be three of them most likely.

I though we were seeded in the PO round after picked up points against Braga.

Seemingly UEFA want group stage matches played before 21 November now, due to World Cup.

Lots wrong in this Record article but the basic bit of dates for the various matches appears sound enough. Lots of games Jul-Nov. Simple solution, win Europa League.:)

Dates are correct in post

So much wrong information in that article no doubt they will correct once they scan the message boards ;)

Whats the PO options? There's only four teams in the PO round should we get through.

No reason we can’t beat teams from those nations.

That said - if you’d offered me Malmo then Ludogorets I’d take that every time.

And we know how that panned out

No reason we can’t beat teams from those nations.

That said - if you’d offered me Malmo then Ludogorets I’d take that every time.

And we know how that panned out
Ironically, Scandinavian teams are the ones I'd rather avoid in qualifiers. They're usually half way into their season whereas we're just starting out

Ironically, Scandinavian teams are the ones I'd rather avoid in qualifiers. They're usually half way into their season whereas we're just starting out

Definitely gives them an advantage, but….1-0 up at Ibrox against 10 men…. No excuses for that night

We need to have a very good pre season and hit the ground running in the qualifiers (if we need qualifiers)

Real chance of getting to the group stage if we are focused and organised.

Even if we made the play offs then dropped into the EL I’m sure that that is an additional 5m euros so it would bridge a big chunk of the gap

We need to have a very good pre season and hit the ground running in the qualifiers (if we need qualifiers)

Real chance of getting to the group stage if we are focused and organised.

Even if we made the play offs then dropped into the EL I’m sure that that is an additional 5m euros so it would bridge a big chunk of the gap
A bit worried about our recruitment and the ability to hit the ground running with the number of ins and outs we're expecting in the summer. Time for Ross Wilson to prove the doubters wrong.

League season starts this year before our qualifying ( if we need it) so should be up to speed and have recruitment done. Plus knowing the Europa League is Guaranteed means we have a budget that is set. No excuses not to be prepared this year!

Hopefully we'll be better prepared this year as opposed to last.

Pre-Season wasn't the best and we were without Morelos, Roofe & Kamara for the Malmo game.

So worst case scenario we are in Europa group stages even if we lose CL R3 qualifier is that right ?

Hopefully we'll be better prepared this year as opposed to last.

Pre-Season wasn't the best and we were without Morelos, Roofe & Kamara for the Malmo game.
Recruit as early as possible because we don't know what opposition we'll be playing. If the board gamble again waiting to see if we make CL before spending then there will be fans foaming at the mouth and for good reason.

Monetarily wise a decent run in the Europa Cup will bring at least as much value as getting beat and finishing bottom of the CL group.

A bit worried about our recruitment and the ability to hit the ground running with the number of ins and outs we're expecting in the summer. Time for Ross Wilson to prove the doubters wrong.
So far 5 players are leaving and we know 1 is coming in. Hoping we have another already signed up but just kept quiet.

What calibre of teams are we looking at for the CL games?
19 of the 32 this season were from the top 5 leagues. The other 13 were made up of

3 Portuguese - Porto, Sporting, Benfica
2 Ukrainian - Donetsk, Kyiv
1 Dutch - Ajax
1 Belgian - Brugge
1 Russian - Zenit
1 Turkey - Besiktas
1 Austrian - RB Salzburg
1 Moldova - Sheriff
1 Swedish - Malmo
1 Swiss - Young Boys

FFS. As clear as mud.

So, we go in R3. Seeded, hopefully.
We lose R3, then EL Group stage.
We win R3, then CL Play off.
We win CL PO then CL.
We lose CL PO then what?

Champions league football is the big target but getting to the UCL playoff round is a must as that guarantees a five million pound parachute payment and Europa league group stage money if we lose.

FFS. As clear as mud.

So, we go in R3. Seeded, hopefully.
We lose R3, then EL Group stage.
We win R3, then CL Play off.
We win CL PO then CL.
We lose CL PO then what?
EL Group Stage

That is the absolute worst result for us going into next season

Entry is based the country co-efficient and before the issue of Russia invading Ukraine it was
Play-off round for the Premiership winners and QR2 for 2nd place however as it stands Group Stage for Premiership winners and QR3 for 2nd place as Russian teams are banned - UEFA still to confirm this

Our own coefficient determines if we are seeded or not in the qualifiers we will be seeded

Of course we can win Europa League and enter the Group Stage and Pot 1 as a result
If we make CL play off round are we still guaranteed circa €5 m even if we dont qualify.

Are we into the EL group stages regardless of where we could potentially be knocked out?

Eg - if we lose in round 3 or the playoff, we still go there automatically?

We can also play Rennes or PSV I think from the spreadsheet

Midjelland (sp) and Sturm Graz were the other 2 confirmed if the top seed go through

Back