Clancy v Aberdeen - the major incidents and the timings of them

Can anyone confirm Clancy being the referee in a cup tie Aberdeen won at Ibrox a few seasons back?

At one point the ball came into the box and Alfie tried to control it with his chest. He was taken out by the centre-half McKenna in a way I hadn't seen since Kent Waltham announced Big Daddy taking over in a tag-team match.

Ref either gave a free-kick against Morelos or waved play on. Was practically an assault.

Br
Brown booked for fouling Kent after ball away was 39mins
Brown body checked Bassey late just before that
Tav booked in 40 mins when he appeared to win the ball - his 2nd "foul"
McCrorie on Sands was circa 57mins
McCrorie booking 58mins
Kent 1st booking 76mins

bbc text feed missed a lot of incidents
brown also “clapped ref” which is a yellow39mins

The young lad Jamie Murray, videographer and editor with the club, tweeted a short clip today about his “day in the life” of a Rangers FC videographer. The equipment he has access to is state of the art. Surely this sort of thing could be put together by the club and emailed to the respective bodies in a video clip highlighting Clancy’s disgraceful performance. It’s laudable that MD wants to do it but disgraceful if action hasn’t already been taken by our club.
If not release it to fan media and let them flood social media with it

The bomb throwers wouldn’t settle for being officiated like that

Folk at the club know Clancy had a shocker. He was told at FT. This fanciful notion that nobody at the club cares is pish.

Clancy likely had Brown in his ear about the penalty decision in the first half in the second half because he’s likely been told about the Tv Coverage and Boyd saying it was a pen.

In the cup tie against Aberdeen around 3 years ago he cheated big time in both the first game and the replay.

Including booking Alfie for diving when it was a blatant penalty.

Thanks.

I was on Twitter within minutes of the final whistle the other night saying it was Clancy. Couldn't confirm. Glad I was right. Man's a cheat.

Has the club made a statement or anything? They have to "voice concerns" regards "repeated historical pattern" of Clancy.

Also, was it Clancy in the game at the piggery where they punched the ball into the net for an equaliser?
Yes.
I posted fouls and incidents from that game on page 2 of this thread.

The strange thing to me is McCrorie and Bates in that dressing room what is going through their minds because can guarantee in that dressing room they will all be congratulating each other with that mental deranged guy laughing his head off

Thanks.

I was on Twitter within minutes of the final whistle the other night saying it was Clancy. Couldn't confirm. Glad I was right. Man's a cheat.

Has the club made a statement or anything? They have to "voice concerns" regards "repeated historical pattern" of Clancy.

Also, was it Clancy in the game at the piggery where they punched the ball into the net for an equaliser?

Yes to last question.

Anyone got a list?
When you’re asking for questions to ask the manager, can you not ask about the club and it’s silence on refereeing standards? We as a support need this to be discussed.

We are being refereed to a different standard. It’s beyond a joke that Ryan Kent was sent off for two incidents that were never bookings yet Brown, Haynes, McCrorie and Bates committed and got away with fouls that were stonewall yellow cards that should’ve led to 3 of them being sent off (bates not as guilty).

We then get a penalty given against us when our player was blatantly pushed in the lead up to their penalty. Should’ve been our foul and he couldn’t wait to book Alfie.

Contrast with Goldson getting manhandled in their box, the cheat has a clear view of both incidents and chooses to ignore. This and the many other disgraceful decisions from this cheat is costing us big time.

Not only 2 points lost, a player sent off and so many others booked. We cannot maintain this stiff upper lip bollocks.

The chairman from the mob from the east has the sheer affrontery to question referees at their AGM, yet we sit like lambs saying nothing.

There is a massive imbalance and unfairness, this isn’t just poor refereeing. Imagine we lose the league due to continuously being cheated, with dodgy goals decisions against us and players being suspended as a Rangers player only has to look at an opposition player and they’re booked.

A league title and £40m at stake to be cheated out of?

Can anyone confirm Clancy being the referee in a cup tie Aberdeen won at Ibrox a few seasons back?

At one point the ball came into the box and Alfie tried to control it with his chest. He was taken out by the centre-half McKenna in a way I hadn't seen since Kent Waltham announced Big Daddy taking over in a tag-team match.

Ref either gave a free-kick against Morelos or waved play on. Was practically an assault.
Yes. He booked Alfie at Pittodrie and at Ibrox in the replay for simulation.

On Gio van Souness's video, I counted 4 fouls by Brown. None of which were given. No wonder Aberdeen had 7 fouls.

That was just Broon!

It's easy enough to say "we should have won no matter the referee". But, they were allowed to boot lumps out of us - much of it off the ball. Yet, as soon as we blow on them the wrong way, the cards are out.
exactly - apparently we were a shambles and that kid should be on the next boat back across the pond.

David Edgar reckons that Rangers made 20 tackles against Aberdeen and conceded 21 free kicks whilst Aberdeen made 30 tackles and only conceded 7?

Worthy of a bit of thought.
No?
We made more tackles than 20 and aberdeen well more than that - I would watch it all again tomorrow but 1) I'm golfing and b) it takes an age for me t get the picture on Rangers TV in the middle of my screen :-(

We made more tackles than 20 and aberdeen well more than that - I would watch it all again tomorrow but 1) I'm golfing and b) it takes an age for me t get the picture on Rangers TV in the middle of my screen :-(
I suppose it would be determined by what kind of challenge you call a tackle?
Interesting that you dispute his figure although you are working off the top of your head and he was probably taking his figures after a second watch and careful analysis.
I think perhaps I will go with Mr Edgar on this one.
Enjoy your golf.

Interesting that you dispute his figure although you are working off the top of your head and he was probably taking his figures after a second watch and careful analysis.
Enjoy your golf.
I will get back to you in 45 mins for the 1st half figures :)

Enjoy your golf.
Got to 15 mins and that's enough! 2 watches of the game is enough and Tom and Gordon Smith were getting on my tits - the worst commentary this year constantly missing this or getting things wrong or players names wrong :)

Aberdeen 7 challenges 1 foul
Rangers 10 challenges and 6 fouls

If it's the same cup game I'm thinking about, Considine and McKenna got away with booting %^*& out of us all night. No idea if Clancy was the ref in charge mind you.

Folk at the club know Clancy had a shocker. He was told at FT. This fanciful notion that nobody at the club cares is pish.

Clancy likely had Brown in his ear about the penalty decision in the first half in the second half because he’s likely been told about the Tv Coverage and Boyd saying it was a pen.
Telling him at full time does what exactly? Why not tell it how it is in the press conference maybe not Gio but Robertson or Wilson someone who has authority but can’t be touchline banned. This dignified silence has gone on all my life watching Rangers and it’s a disgrace some of the EPL managers aren’t afraid to call out referees.

On Gio van Souness's video, I counted 4 fouls by Brown. None of which were given. No wonder Aberdeen had 7 fouls.

That was just Broon!

It's easy enough to say "we should have won no matter the referee". But, they were allowed to boot lumps out of us - much of it off the ball. Yet, as soon as we blow on them the wrong way, the cards are out.

He gave them absolute shitey fouls when we were in good positions to counter or already on the attack.

He then ignored really bad fouls and allowed us advantage is really shitey positions.

Examples of both in the brown video.

Reactions: TNT
Enjoy your golf.
By that logic some of the fouls are probably not tackles either.

Telling him at full time does what exactly? Why not tell it how it is in the press conference maybe not Gio but Robertson or Wilson someone who has authority but can’t be touchline banned. This dignified silence has gone on all my life watching Rangers and it’s a disgrace some of the EPL managers aren’t afraid to call out referees.
Good point. At the end of the game does nothing.
Brown didn't wait until the end of the game. At exactly 22:10 in the 1st half is when he started nibbling in ref's ear and never stopped.

It was like watching Willie Miller of the early 80s telling the refs how it's going to be.

We should make sure that after the next Rangers game Clancy referees, HE leaves hoping it's the last time. There should be no graces from anyone at the club on or off the field. Get him in, let him referee and at the final whistle hand him a Pot Noodle and tell him to fvck off back to his love nest with "Broony".

The same incident hagi got booked for an Aberdeen player did 3 times after that and nothing was said. Stopping a free kick from being taken. Just another one to add to the many strange decisions Clancy made during the game.
Nothing strange about them. They’re perfectly understandable when you realise what he is.

David Edgar reckons that Rangers made 20 tackles against Aberdeen and conceded 21 free kicks whilst Aberdeen made 30 tackles and only conceded 7?

Worthy of a bit of thought.
No?
On any and every level that is simply extreme and tbh it felt like it at the time . Insane numbers . Especially when any data analysis would show it to be a gross outlier vs. every other game we have played , even 29 Dec farce at the SavileDome wouldn’t look like that . Furthermore surely any professional has a feel for there work and how it’s going wouldn’t you reflect and go hold on this is very peculiar ?

1st Half

00:10 Attempted hold on Kent. No whistle.
00:50 Foul by Morelos on Ferguson. No replay
02:57 Foul by Hagi on defender. No replay
04:57 Foul Morelos on defender. No replay
05:07 Hagi booked.
05:50 Morelos's 3rd challenge. 3rd time defender falls. No foul.
07:40 Foul for Aberdeen.
07:50 Brown in Clancy's ear
09:20 Foul Aberdeen. Ferguson challenged. Leaps in the air.
13:40 Foul RANGERS. Brown picks up ball, throws it away and falls from Morelos push. Clancy speaks to both.
16:30 Tackle on Morelos. No foul. Replay shows he was caught on toe. Aberdeen complain!!
19:00 Aberdeen penalty claim.
19:20 Bates wipes out Morelos as he passes. No foul.
giphy.gif

19:30 Hagi scores. Morelos doesn't celebrate. He runs to Clancy to ask about Bates' challenge. It was a foul and a yellow.
26:00 Foul Aberdeen. Brown jumps Bassey to get the ball. Both square up. Ref talks. No bookings.
30:20 Brown blatant body check on Bassey. No foul.
giphy.gif

33:00 Foul on Brown. Tav doesn't touch him but he falls over.
34:57 Rangers attack. Brown body checks Hagi off the ball. Has a look then blocks him. Signature move.
giphy.gif

36:56 Slightly off camera but looks like Brown on Hagi again. Hagi ends up on the ground. Hagi has a word with ref at stoppage for the next foul.
37:12 McCrorie bad foul on Sands. No booking.
giphy.gif

38:10 Brown booked.
39:33 Tav booked
Great work, Brown is nothing more than a lego thug seeing out his days in the backwater of Aberdeen FC

Good point. At the end of the game does nothing.
Brown didn't wait until the end of the game. At exactly 22:10 in the 1st half is when he started nibbling in ref's ear and never stopped.

It was like watching Willie Miller of the early 80s telling the refs how it's going to be.

We should make sure that after the next Rangers game Clancy referees, HE leaves hoping it's the last time. There should be no graces from anyone at the club on or off the field. Get him in, let him referee and at the final whistle hand him a Pot Noodle and tell him to fvck off back to his love nest with "Broony".
Or don't let him in! Tell him it's for his own protection.

Two wee facts.

Clancy was ‘rewarded’ with the big SC Televised match immediately after that December, 2019 match at the theatre of screams.

Clancy is a lawyer for Digby Brown.

WTF is wrong with this country ?

Just as a reminder, let's go back to what was the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. When we beat them at their midden.

After the game, Beale called him a cheat.

Beale was then sanctioned by the SFA.

This was appealed.

Then COVID came.

It is still unclear if that appeal ever did take place or Rangers and the SFA agreed to just let it drop. If it did, it was months and months and months later.

In fact, when you search "Beale" on the SFA website disciplinary updates, only the original punishment comes up.

Beale was right then. And the can of worms seem to have been grabbed from our hands leaving us with the tin opener.

Update:

The appeal against the club's punishment was allegedly held. About a year after the incident.

Appellate Tribunal Update | Rangers FC​

Thursday 7 January 2021
Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Charge 1:

Match:
Hibernian FC v Rangers FC

Date: Friday 20 December 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Charge 2:

Match:
Celtic FC v Rangers FC

Date: Sunday 29 December 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Principal hearing date: Tuesday 18 February 2020

Disciplinary Tribunal Outcome:

Charge 1 –
Proved under deletion

Sanction - £5000 fine, £3000 immediate and £2000 suspended until End of Season 2019/20

Charge 2 – Proved

Sanction - £10, 000 fine, £7000 immediate and £3000 suspended until End of Season 2019/20

Appeals hearing date: Wednesday 16 December 2020

Appellate Tribunal Outcome:

• Appeal dismissed.
  • The Appellate Tribunal affirms the decision of the Disciplinary Tribunal.

Last edited:
Kent got a yellow for throwing his arm up into the Aberdeen players chest when challenging for the ball, as the ref clearly indicated at the time.

Hayes flung his arm into Barisics face twice yet received no foul or card
I'm not sure if Kent did get booked that for that, so much as Clancy came running over with his card out his pocket before Kents push even happened. You can see the card already in Clancy's hand before Kent has done anything deserving a yellow. He couldn't wait to book him. The shove may have given him an easier excuse though.

He was.

If Alfie was booked in this match he would have missed the following round, which I think would have been against the filth. (Obviously we lost)

Clancy booked him alright. A clash in the first half and he was booked for diving. Many Rangers fans at the Broomloan end were adamant after the match that it was a penalty. Subsequent footage proved there was every chance it was a penalty. Clancy was booking him regardless.

Due to the Rangers complaint and the grumbling Bears that coffin-dodging bastard Keevins has bent the truth and stated that Rangers and Rangers supporters are after all referees.

I hate such dishonesty.

We want Clancy sacked. Just him. Clancy. That bent bastard. The cheat.

Others are incompetent and we can't fix that, but we can complain about an individual who is obviously a cheat when we have umpteen historic cases to prove it.
Imagine a filth apologist in chief accusing anyone from any other club of being after referees?

Back