Clarke confirmed as Scotland Manager

After his comments towards our fans yesterday, first press conference question should be , Are you anti Rangers? but it won’t.

Although I don't think he is a world beater by any stretch, i'm fairly sure Southgate would have an argument with this given a World Semi last year
England getting to the semi last year is an overated achievement. Yes you can only beat whos put in front of you. But their biggest win was beating colombia on pens.

They played Belgium twice and lost twice when it really counted.

Decent enough manager. But %^*& him and %^*& the SFA. The distance between Rangers supporters and the national team is as great as it has ever been in my 40+ years of watching football. %^*& them all.

What a brilliant piece of manoeuvring, by the creep, get yourself into the Scotland Job with a healthy pay cheque, knowing your in line for a windfall when your sacked, a job that that’s win, win.

For all the moaning on here there is no denying that Clarke is a good coach and a decent manager who has done well with very limited resources at Killie. He’s probably the most sensible appointment Scotland could make right now. He’s also pragmatic, which means he’ll have no hesitation picking Rangers players if it helps the national team. Those thinking he would not do so are not being realistic. Yes he’s a dour, miserable character but that doesn’t make him a bad choice for Scotland manager.

Journalist ''Stevie what is your opening Scotland squad''

Clarke ''Drink,Drink ,Drink''

op8c9w.jpg

I honestly don’t know how well he’ll do without that massive advantage he gets from that ‘pitch’ and the weekly preferential refereeing they seem to get.

A team of thugs and divers will get nothing in modern day international football.

For all the moaning on here there is no denying that Clarke is a good coach and a decent manager who has done well with very limited resources at Killie. He’s probably the most sensible appointment Scotland could make right now. He’s also pragmatic, which means he’ll have no hesitation picking Rangers players if it helps the national team. Those thinking he would not do so are not being realistic. Yes he’s a dour, miserable character but that doesn’t make him a bad choice for Scotland manager.

Well said.

He'll do the country proud. A great advert for our whisky industry.

I'm sure he'll enjoy his extra visits to Ibrox. Get well soon.

I honestly don’t know how well he’ll do without that massive advantage he gets from that ‘pitch’ and the weekly preferential refereeing they seem to get.

A team of thugs and divers will get nothing in modern day international football.

Preferential refereeing? They got 3 people sent off in one match a couple weeks back.

The thread would have been much better with posts more like this instead of the nonsense being spouted

Allegiances aside, it’s a good appointment for Scotland.

That said, I still won’t really be following the NT.

Also, means he’s now not going to get the dhims job so that’s good.

Also, Killie will now bomb out of Europe.
They will bomb out of the league mate

He does seem to have had a lot of jobs doesn’t seem to stay long personally I think Scotland will be turgid to watch ( already are) but he fits the demograph of the Sfa

I am looking forward to seeing Kilmarnock resume their status as being utterly shite :D

As for Scotland, it’s a decent appointment, in fairness. I’m actually quite sure he’ll elevate us to plucky second place and playoff failures in the near future

I think he will be good for Scotland and since I don't support them because of what there administrators have done to my club it doesn't matter a lot to me, but for whoever it does I think its a good appointment, just keep him away from the duty free on the overseas trips. :))

Are you really sure about that? I guess we’ll just need to wait and see.

I want my national team to do well and not be a laughing stock!
I want less poet players in the team!
I want to see a core of Rangers players in my national team!

Back