Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

I go to a football memories dementia clinic with my older brother who sadly suffers from this disease. One of the other guys brought an old scrapbook with him that had some Rangers stuff in it. I took a couple of photos with my phone but haven’t a clue how to upload them onto the thread. Can anybody give me a step by step guide for this and I will try to upload them.

No. I'm sorry you're both wrong .

The player in question is Andy Leigh of Raith Rovers.

The picture is from the League game at Ibrox 2nd April 1957.

We won 3-1 & Alex Scott scored the Rangers 2nd goal.
Brilliant @The Great Waldo this is what makes this thread so good imo, finding out so much of our illustrious history. Every day is an education on all things Rangers here learning from one another.

My all time Rangers hero, the legend that is John Greig MBE.
4befd1526defa2ccb7d604dc7d48dcf9.jpg
scotland.jpg
88499b0dbc05a7e2c06b97141793ca26.jpg

957155e8b3b0b201d42667073be74b75.jpg

de9d4fee6368bda3bc0710733490291b.jpg

that 4-1 defeat was played on a saturday evening,anyone know why this was the case instead of the usual 3 pm afternoon kick off
I'm guessing, but it might well have been for television.
The previous week had saw Wales v Scotland with a 3pm Kick Off, and the
N.Ireland v England with 7.30pm Kick Off
The midweek games were played on a Tues and Wed, with the following Saturday games as
N.Ireland v Wales with a 3pm Kick Off and England v Scotland with a 7.30pm Kick Off.

As a sidenote
That was the year when Colin Stein got that ridiculous ban from March 26th till the season's end.
Having not kicked a ball in 6 weeks, he was called upon to play 4 games for Scotland in a 2 week period in May, and scored in all 4 games (a total of 7 Goals).

Back