Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

40vaaw0.jpg

Alex and Dave Smith make their debuts against Hibs at Ibrox in a League Cup sectional tie, 13th August 1966. Rangers won 1-0 via a late George McLean goal. The keen eyed will recognise that this photo has been "reversed"!:

2N09ZzA.jpg
Yeah, if you look over Alex Smith’s shoulder, you can see the faint outline of the steel supports being erected to cover The Rangers (Copland Rd.,) End.

Rangers 2 Dundee United 3
August 1986.

I remember it well. Our first Saturday home game under Souness.
Had a Copland Road season ticket, got there at 2:45 and the gates were shut!
After we, and many others, went nuts at the police on the turnstiles they marched us right round the ground looking for a gate still open. Eventually got in the Main Stand just on kick off, but there were no seats left so we had to sit on an aisle!

Then to add insult, we were brilliant in the first half with Ally scoring twice. Then hopeless in the second half and conceded 3. Ex Ranger Ian Redford scored their winner.

My birthday too.

I remember it well. Our first Saturday home game under Souness.
Had a Copland Road season ticket, got there at 2:45 and the gates were shut!
After we, and many others, went nuts at the police on the turnstiles they marched us right round the ground looking for a gate still open. Eventually got in the Main Stand just on kick off, but there were no seats left so we had to sit on an aisle!

Then to add insult, we were brilliant in the first half with Ally scoring twice. Then hopeless in the second half and conceded 3. Ex Ranger Ian Redford scored their winner.

My birthday too.
Glad you got in for ko!
As you say first half was outstanding!
Certainly a game of 2 halves!
As a youngster, I paid £1.70 in Copland front that day! Other youngsters nearby complaining about the price going up from previous season!
My first match at Ibrox!

Glad you got in for ko!
As you say first half was outstanding!
Certainly a game of 2 halves!
As a youngster, I paid £1.70 in Copland front that day! Other youngsters nearby complaining about the price going up from previous season!
My first match at Ibrox!

Sounds like you got sitting in my seat :oops:

After 2-1 defeat by Hearts, April 1988.
Players not happy at all after the defeat but still took time for autographs etc.
Jan Bartram scored on his debut.

After 2-1 defeat by Hearts, April 1988.
Players not happy at all after the defeat but still took time for autographs etc.
Jan Bartram scored on his debut.

That season ended horribly.

That wasn't Bartram's debut though, think he scored in his first game v Falkirk in the January.

Back