Clement

The issue is that we’re talking about the same issues again.

Of more concern is that layman supporters were highlighting the problems pre-game.

Clement is unable to see and/or unwilling to adapt. That’s a worry.
Huge worry.

The only difference is Beale had a better record and Gio actually tried to play football and I am one who wanted both gone.

Both hopeless against Celtic and Clement is going a grand job at copying them.

Bit of a rewriting of history here bud.

Folk were continually slagging Gio's style of football and it was one many reasons, that so many people wanted him to go. He also took utter doings at the hands of the filth, especially at Parkhead.

Beale had a better record, but had an infinitely better squad of players to work with overall. As bad as Kent and Alfie were towards the end, those two and Tillman carried Beale through the first several months of his tenure. Hell, even Sakala aided Beale, until the latter saw fit to bin him last summer.

The common denominator is the squad. We've got too many players that have repeatedly lost to them. I think Lundstram has only won 2 games against them since Gerrard left, 3 in total his entire Rangers career. Which is grim, but pretty much points to how badly we've recruited of late, in all departments. A new manager isn't going to fix this current iteration of Rangers over night. Any manager coming in, would demand time and patience from the board.

Based on what? Blind faith?

There is no possibility that Celtic will be as bad as they have been this season, can you confidently say the same about us given that we will likely have a meagre budget to try and arrest 3-4 years of chronic squad mismanagement? I genuinely don’t see where the optimism is coming from.
Based on that he has won trophies and already has one in the bag with us. Hes been here 6 months and has had one transfare window. I believe giving time and the chance to build his own squad he will bring us success.

Aye his fault.

What a riddy of a thread.

Some fans just love to jump in two footed with rash statements
It shouldn’t be a pile on but some bad decisions were made today by him. His hands are tied with playing against a team with a better winning mentality I get that. To play Lawerence in a midfield 3 at the piggery is pretty amateurish to be fair, the left back decision was an eyebrow raiser also.

His talk about Lundstram to RTV is the kind of shit we're all guilty of. We make our minds up that we like a player then sweep away any evidence to suggest we're wrong.

Lundstram was horrible today, sold two goals then got himself a ridiculous red card. Clement is falling over himself to absolve Lundstram of any blame, and big up all his grand achievements in the last two years for the club.

That's the biggest red flag for Clement I've seen so far. And I've not put much stock in a lot of the stuff slung at him thus far, but that's worried me.

Can’t believe people can’t see this.
The exact same thing will happen at Hampden. Then it’ll be the same excuse of “not his players” and he will get the summer and then it’ll be the exact same again. It’s Beale, van bronckhorst etc all over again

Don't let the players lead you down the garden path. We need to stick with our manager this time. Tactically we set up well and put in a good performance , what Lundstrum did is on him.
Probably the most mental post I've seen on here today

The exact same thing will happen at Hampden. Then it’ll be the same excuse of “not his players” and he will get the summer and then it’ll be the exact same again. It’s Beale, van bronckhorst etc all over again
Celtic are going to equal our trophy haul this season and only 1 behind our 55.

I think people who think Clement just needs his own players are going to be massively disappointed next season unless he has a drastic change in his tactical approach. We basically deploy the same tactics as Livingstone

Today was the strongest line up we could’ve put out, maybe Lawrence for Cantwell but that’s it.

Ridvan and Raskin obviously weren’t fit to play 90 minutes, neither have played much of at all for weeks, 20 minutes or so last weekend aside.

I get wanting to play Sterling in central midfield, but who do you play right wing because Wright and McCausland are quite poor. It made more sense bringing them on later once the game has stretched at least their pace can possibly create a chance.

If he’d changed shape and played say a diamond midfield and two upfront with Lundstram sitting and Dio and Sterling covering the central and wide areas that may have worked but then we’re risking Tav and Borna being doubled up on and with Celtic’s attacking movement it’s still a worry. It’s a very disciplined set up and our players are bad for switching off so the outcome would have been the same and folk would be moaning he changed shape for such a big game.

The squad is at its bare bones, with an injury occurring almost weekly.

I think Clement has got as much out of this squad as possible and has got us into a position we never thought we would be in.

We all know it’s a poor squad and want the majority to leave so what chance has Clement got?

Why did Gerrard get three seasons ?

Because he showed he could beat that mob and match them in OF games after two years of being ridden senseless by them.

He beat them with Halliday at LB and a midfield of three Scottish guys in his second game v them.

Clement isn't going to be any good as a Rangers manager going forward or earn any credit in the bank if he can't beat Celtic.

His first win v them (the only one with Rodgers in charge, who is a different level of manager to Lennon) also had McGregor out of position at left back and Mikey Johnston up front. It was also at home. If they had similar when we played them in April we probably beat them.

Last edited:
He’s arrogant to the point of stupidity. He thinks the Belgian league is superior thus little nous needed here.

Anyone that’s been around the club knows PC and NK think this is a route to the EPL. It’s quite open.

So other than a basic tactical decision that 99% of supporters and pundits can see?

What the f*ck was he watching the last 2 games against them to think that was OK today?
Yes, he got everything other all right today.

Don't have a clue, it wouldn't have been my preferred midfield.

His talk about Lundstram to RTV is the kind of shit we're all guilty of. We make our minds up that we like a player then sweep away any evidence to suggest we're wrong.

Lundstram was horrible today, sold two goals then got himself a ridiculous red card. Clement is falling over himself to absolve Lundstram of any blame, and big up all his grand achievements in the last two years for the club.

That's the biggest red flag for Clement I've seen so far. And I've not put much stock in a lot of the stuff slung at him thus far, but that's worried me.

Barisic let O'Riley run off him for the first goal mate.

Any manager that throws a player under the bus publicly, is going to struggle.

We all know Lundstram is done. Absolute howler of a performance, and he should never play for us again, IMO.

Clement defending Lundstram isn't for Lundstram. It's for the other players. It says "I've got your back, even if you have a howler". A manager needs to do that.

He needs to kick the boardroom door in and tell them he needs money now or its rinse and repeat half way through next season.

I actually think Clement is a decent manager he needs to shift a few and bring a few in,If he gets a decent budget and starts next season with his own players we can judge him next season,
If we start next season with most of this squad I’ll worry

He’s arrogant to the point of stupidity. He thinks the Belgian league is superior thus little nous needed here.

Anyone that’s been around the club knows PC and NK think this is a route to the EPL. It’s quite open.
That second part isn’t an issue and if anyone does have an issue with it they should wake up. Nobody is coming to the SPFL as their ultimate ambition.

The problem for them will be that the way to get to the EPL will be to win things and achieve very big to catch the eyes of clubs down there.

If they want that, we should be confident they’ll give their all to be successful at Rangers.

Yes, he got everything other all right today.

Don't have a clue, it wouldn't have been my preferred midfield.
Not sure what you mean by everything other?

We lost the midfield and lost the game, again. End of. First goal crucial and O'Riley had the freedom of the pitch to score it.

Celtic are going to equal our trophy haul this season and only 1 behind our 55.

I think people who think Clement just needs his own players are going to be massively disappointed next season unless he has a drastic change in his tactical approach. We basically deploy the same tactics as Livingstone
The common denominator when it comes to tactics is the players. It's the same squad that has very little technical ability through it and can't play through a press, so anytime they get under pressure they just punt it long. They did it under Beale as well, a comical amount of the teams passes in the first half of the first derby this season were long balls. They played plenty of long balls under Gio too, when they couldn't set up the horseshoe.

Tactical instructions don't suddenly turn Lundstram into Pirlo.

The manager in one of his early press conference basically in the nicest way possible said that he doesn't have the squad to play nice football.

Any manager that throws a player under the bus publicly, is going to struggle.

We all know Lundstram is done. Absolute howler of a performance, and he should never play for us again, IMO.

Clement defending Lundstram isn't for Lundstram. It's for the other players. It says "I've got your back, even if you have a howler". A manager needs to do that.
I get that but he's mollycoddling him there. An experienced player who's hopefully gone in the summer. It's overboard to me.

I just think he's got a real blindspot on Lundstram. Maybe I'm being harsh on these comments.

He will be going nowhere near the EPL.

My main worry is that he continues to play serial losers like Lundstram and Tavernier. He's stuck with what he has and has done a decent job. Think he's the man to take us forward but when you have a RB who can't defend and a CM who can't help but slow things down then I think his hands are tied. I'm prepared for the but but but Tav scores goals brigade and don't care. How many times have the scum played an average player called Maeda and come up trumps?

Ever since he said he got a response from the players post Dundee I’ve stopped paying attention to his interviews. I get he has to continue to work with these players but he’s risking alienating large numbers of the support with his comments.

See the post above about his comments on JL as a prime example. The guy has been phoning it in for weeks and the only memorable thing I can think of is that he’s given us all a lift with the news he’s potentially off to Turkey.

Optimism is still there for next season but only just.

Haf a team missing through injury and ten men for the second half made it a tough gig mate.

Not sure what else he could do tbh.
Remember.

The last Rangers team to win at Parkhead had Brandon Barker starting.

As much as people sussed Beale had no idea and the players clearly had no idea what it was meant to be.

Equally today, hoof it with no semblance of a plan other than that isnt acceptable either.

Hoof it having told James Tavernier not to overlap for 3 months and not learn that you just neutered your team, not appropriate, at all.

Based on what? Blind faith?

There is no possibility that Celtic will be as bad as they have been this season, can you confidently say the same about us given that we will likely have a meagre budget to try and arrest 3-4 years of chronic squad mismanagement? I genuinely don’t see where the optimism is coming from.
We may have a meagre budget but do you really think that Celtic have such a superior team to us ? I think not AND they may not have a better budget when all the child abuse cases are dealt with.

hes a long ball merchant and you can see how he won games with those tactics in other leagues where teams dont sit back against you 99% of the time in every game. That doesnt work in Scotland and he cant change the way he plays his football. We need somene who plays attacking football and PC is never going to be that guy.

Some of the players have chucked it. Need a total clear out.

Get the young boys on the park in the next two games and get some of the old guard so far to %^*&.
As I understand it mate none of the young boys you refer to are good enough to play in our first team, and am sorry to say that includes McCausland.

I agree a clear out is needed but we need an influx of winners, strong characters, first team picks that are undroppable, particularly right across our back 4.

Remember.

The last Rangers team to win at Parkhead had Brandon Barker starting.

As much as people sussed Beale had no idea and the players clearly had no idea what it was meant to be.

Equally today, hoof it with no semblance of a plan other than that isnt acceptable either.

Hoof it having told James Tavernier not to overlap for 3 months and not learn that you just neutered your team, not appropriate, at all.
Mental people can't see Clements glaring errors tbh. Going to be a lot of surprised and disappointed fans next season when we see the same Shite tactics with his own players.

As I understand it mate none of the young boys you refer to are good enough to play in our first team, and am sorry to say that includes McCausland.

I agree a clear out is needed but we need an influx of winners, strong characters, first team picks that are undroppable, particularly right across our back 4.
That folk would throw out young, inexperienced players to the slaughter is quite staggering to be honest.

Not sure what you mean by everything other?

We lost the midfield and lost the game, again. First goal crucial and O'Riley had the freedom of the pitch to score it.
Did you watch the game? Everything other like putting Sterling on at centre back, bringing on Raskin, Wright, McCausland and Yilmaz at the right times and getting a good shift out of them.

We lost the first goal because Lumdstram couldn't be arsed tracking O'Riley with neither Barisic or Davies able to close him down. The 2nd goal Tav gets skint AGAIN. The set up was wrong, but individual players he has no choice but to rely on cost us.

And, err, we had f**King 45 minutes against 10 men.

He needs to rinse our back line starting with Tav Lundstrum etc ,how many managers are they going through before surely one twigs our terrible defensive weaknesses,please PC get rid of these losers in our team and bring us some hope for the future.

It's the players, it's always been them.
Correct, but unless he offloads the culprits then he will fall on his own sword.

Moves i hope are in place to remove these serial losers and replace with better.

Over a dozen players need released, sold or loaned.

The basics out of contract all go , Balogun ( too old and injury prone), BB, Mclauchlin, Roofe , Jack and Lundstram.

Thats a start and 6 out the door.

Lammers, Wright, Davies, Goldson, Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry, Matondo plus anyone i have missed.

Point 1 and 3 I couldn’t agree more with.

Anyone who finds it “baffling” that Ridvan didn’t start is delusional. He’s missed weeks of football and clear the advice is that he can’t manage more than 30 minutes. What is baffling about that?

Point 4 - Silva works had he just has almost no defensive awareness. But if he doesn’t start in recent weeks, who does? The options on the bench are worse; the better options are injured.
There's 3 games to go in the league. You've came out and said that now is the time to gamble on players. Are you telling me that anymore than 30 minutes and Ridvan would have been worse than having Borna on the pitch. I'm just not having that. Ridvan at 40% is better than any version of Borna.

Silva: "no defensive awareness". So in the context of this game he shouldn't be playing in a position that requires defensive quality. Bring Sterling back in to the defensive shape and the answers will be there. So long as Sterling is played in an attacking position we are losing out his defensively qualities while gaingin nothing as a tradé of.

If he makes the same old mistakes in the Scottish Cup final, supporters will have serious doubts about his ability to formulate a winning team.

Sterling should have been CM and Lawrence shouldn’t have started. If you can’t see that then I’ve no idea what to say.

His obsession with not starting players who aren’t 100% fit is also bad, Ridvan should have started and if he was struggling he could have came off.

I don’t disagree with either of those changes although we’ve no one available that would’ve made a difference today. That lies with Beale and the board not Clement.

Back