Clement

The manger wrung everything possible out of an awful, injury-ravaged squad for 4 months and then the lack of quality caught up with us in the last 2 months.

Today is the first time I have criticised him. The substitutions were utterly baffling. Having 10 men and taking Sterling’s power and energy out of midfield and leaving him at centre-back was insane; likewise taking off Silva who was working hard and causing them problems but leaving on Dessers when he could barely jog…madness.

Let's sack him and start again. That's worked the last 2 times.

We let the last two start the new season, backed them with money and then had to get rid before christmas because our season had been already over before then.

History is repeating itself, we need to ask the question and perhaps bite the bullet before then.

The squad was never good enough and the injuries have crippled us. Clement had no right getting us into a title race with those players.

I do question his insistence on playing 4-2-3-1 though. We could all see we needed to start with an extra body in midfield today. He seems to have lost the plot a wee bit in the last month with some bizarre decisions.

Hes got one hell of a job on his hands this summer.

This squad is fucking filled with slow, weak and technically limited players. The manager can only do so much.

Didn't like the midfield selection myself but the reality is, you drop any of those players who started in it today and you're picking someone else who has been poor this season. It's hard to have any sort of tactics when you have to play it long because most players in this team can't play through a press and then they cost themselves goals with stupid moments. That's why the squad needs gutted in the summer.

Folk wanting a Manager sacked and he hasn't even had a full season yet and only 1 transfer window, is this what we've become as a support

Never mind the Manager not learning quite a few folk on here haven't learned either

Of course we can criticise the Manager, but he's not really had a chance to shape his own team yet

The new manager bounce has completely gone and most of these players are reverting to type. That said 3 games against them now and he’s got big things wrong in all 3. Cup final in a couple weeks is huge for Clement.

Time will tell whether he's a successful Rangers manager, but he's done himself no favours with today's performance. Never a good sign when the game goes exactly as the majority said it would once the line-ups were announced.

I make his league win percentage now 75%.

Beale’s was 76%.

Clement has managed 1 less league game.

Whatever you cut it that’s a concern.

Playing the same failing tactics every week, picking the same failing players. It’s as if we’ve brought back Mark Warburton.
It's almost like we have a full team of injuries and he just keeps picking the same fit players every week.

Has he some credit in the bank

But, just posted in the match thread, it is really concerning that he cannot see what we all see, be it formation, selection and subs

He needs to win the cup final or he starts next season on the back foot.

Fair or not, that is the reality. This isn’t a great Celtic team.

I’d love to know his vision for the club. Formation, style etc.

I mean aside from dragging us back into a title “fight” (in the loosest possible way) how is he planning on rebuilding over the summer.

Throw us a bone, give me some hope

Learns nothing

Nothing at all
This will probably get binned, But, I've never doubted him. Now, I seriously am. And it's the tactics and player choice that's done it. Not the usual, these players are terrible. Starts BB and JL when there away in 2 weeks, while we have Ridvan and Raskin who are the future. I'm absolutely raging and don't think he's the man to lead us next year. I hope I'm wrong but you can't excuse the formation and team selection that hasn't worked for 4 or 5 weeks now.

So we have another manager merry-go-round, Pep and Ancelotti would struggle with those players
Pep and Ancelotti wouldn’t pick Lawrence against them 2 games in a row

He fundamentally doesn’t understand the need for intensity and aggression against them

The game time he gives to McAusland and Wright in these matches alone should see him removed

My thoughts on the manager:

1) Has he improved us? - Yes for me both in terms of the results and the quality of football compared to the shambles he took over; and

2) Does he have the ability to kick us on and keep improving us? - League winners medals in his pocket would suggest so.

What hope does he have when one of his “leadership” group let him down.

We done well to keep it to 2-1 should’ve been battered with 10 men.

Clement has a clean slate for me next season once he has a summer transfer window and his own players.

He's inherited a mess, did great to get us back into the title race but he continually males bizarre team selections and substitutions.

The hope is he guts the squad and gets the type of players in he can use and gets a tune out them.

The manger wrung everything possible out of an awful, injury-ravaged squad for 4 months and then the lack of quality caught up with us in the last 2 months.

Today is the first time I have criticised him. The substitutions were utterly baffling. Having 10 men and taking Sterling’s power and energy out of midfield and leaving him at centre-back was insane; likewise taking off Silva who was working hard and causing them problems but leaving on Dessers when he could barely jog…madness.

He had a chance to go down fighting today at worst. Instead he picked the team we all feared and set up to contain them, like many of us feared. He talks about belief but I don't actually think he knows what it means because neither he or his team ever looked or acted like they believed today.

It's very simple.

He either wins the cup final or he goes into next season under a needless and unrelenting amount of pressure.

Like it or not, if you can't beat Celtic then you're not going to last long as Rangers manager.

Oh, and gut that dressing room.
True. If we’d won the 3 old firm games that they have this season, we’d be 12 points ahead with 56 in the bag.

Let's judge him this time next year.
Deserves to build his own team and be given some time.
It's the same old players that have let us and so many managers down. As was the case again today.

If he comes out and says he’s happy with that in any way it’s an even bigger concern for me. We’re back to being shit scared of that midden as soon as we get off the bus. He needs to change that very quickly or he’ll be gone. It was ever thus.

Today is 100% on the manager. Learned absolutely nothing from the past 2 old firm games.

Everyone and their granny knew we had to play Sterling CM yet he goes with Lawrence again and Sterling wasted at RW. Then to top it off his halftime sub and subs there after were just mental. There has been red flags from him previously but today was the biggest.

We simply cannot progress with this group of core players , the majority of the squad needs bumped , the mad ten minute spell they have had in every single big game over the last 4/5 years happened again today once they conceed 1 they conceed again ... has happened countless times that is nothing to do with the manager

He isn't blameless but for me clement wins the argument about who is staying and then build our new team around butland , yilmaz and sterling.

Pep and Ancelotti wouldn’t pick Lawrence against them 2 games in a row

He fundamentally doesn’t understand the need for intensity and aggression against them

The game time he gives to McAusland and Wright in these matches alone should see him removed
He brought on the only two options he had in forward areas that gave us pace and intensity. No quality, granted, but bringing those two players on arguably pushed them back and didn’t allow them the easy passes that Lundstram and Lawrence had.

Done well with ‘one arm tied behind his back’(injuries), as soon as he got a fuller squad he fcukd it, team selection went haywire.
Jury out.

There is chat if issues with raskin off field but he came from nowhere to play the last 10 minutes versus Benfica and played as well as he had for ages for us. Then not seen again.

A good manager manages players and off field issues. Look at Gascoigne, he was an alcoholic when he was at Rangers but Smith started him every week and managed to get great performances from him.

I don’t know the issues with Raskin obviously but Clement needs to plebe able to manage him properly. It’s not all about picking the right tactics and players. Have to be able to motivate and manage the players.

We could have played 3 in mf and matched them. They had their 3 strongest mf playing, it's no surprise we have had our best success when we used to match them man for man in the mf. We just carry on making the same mistakes plus self sabotage of own goals and red cards

Back