Clement

If he comes out and says he’s happy with that in any way it’s an even bigger concern for me. We’re back to being shit scared of that midden as soon as we get off the bus. He needs to change that very quickly or he’ll be gone. It was ever thus.
He tried to make out before the game that a draw would have been ok today!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad concerned ahead if next season

I thought we had found the answer in Phil but unfortunately another dud.
We would be better off with a Bomber, Barry Ferguson duo.

The 'brand' of football is as bad as it has ever been. We are a long ball team. Strange decisions left right and centre now.

He's not for me at all.

Today is 100% on the manager. Learned absolutely nothing from the past 2 old firm games.

Everyone and their granny knew we had to play Sterling CM yet he goes with Lawrence again and Sterling wasted at RW. Then to top it off his halftime sub and subs there after were just mental. There has been red flags from him previously but today was the biggest.

surely a tiny percentage of the blame has to go towards Lundstram

Aye his fault.

What a riddy of a thread.

Some fans just love to jump in two footed with rash statements

He's working with a lot of average players but some of his team selections have been puzzling. He's not been helped with our hilarious injury crisis it has to be said. Maybe if he had Cortez, Sima or even Matondo fit he'd have Sterling in the middle.

Lundstrum should not be starting he has been poor for weeks.
Well that's probably the last we'll see of him give him a chance with his own signings and judge the man.

Who do you start ahead of lundstram?

Raskin in a game like that having played so little football?

And I'll be glad to see the back of Lundstram btw he's a massive part of the problem with our style of play.

We can replace the manager every season but until these same loser players are out of our club nothing will change.

The players Clement has brought in look promising. Cortes was looking really good until his injury and Diomande started well but has been brought down by that donkey Lundstram.

Silva was a good loan signing but has had to play out of position due to injuries.

Let's give Clement time to get it right. At the very least he's proven he knows how to win titles!

You don’t need to be a top manager if your stretched and no width put extra man in midfield win that.Battle 9 out of 10 your winning the game after 10 minutes you could see Lundstram was going to be terrible he can’t play again this season

He brought on the only two options he had in forward areas that gave us pace and intensity. No quality, granted, but bringing those two players on arguably pushed them back and didn’t allow them the easy passes that Lundstram and Lawrence had.
Wright and McCausland are weak. Even they don’t believe they should be on the pitch.

His ego is getting in the way of acknowledging that Cantwell is his best player

He has inherited a team who seem to shoot themselves in the foot when we play the mentally challengeds today’s game was exactly a example,next season with a clear out, new players in and other players returning fit will tell us more about the manager.

I make his league win percentage now 75%.

Beale’s was 76%.

Clement has managed 1 less league game.

Whatever you cut it that’s a concern.
As you said, 1 less game, but also two more against them. Changes the percentage, plus Clement was picking up the pieces of the broken mess Beale left him.

It's almost like we have a full team of injuries and he just keeps picking the same fit players every week.

Nobody else could have played today instead of Lundstrum? We didn’t have Raskin on the bench who was fit. Or Barisic? We didn’t have Yilmaz there who could play.

Only so long you can blame injuries and the players. Clement is making the same mistakes week in and week out.

I get why fans are anxious about him but what do we do. Get rid again and start from scratch in the summer ?

Clement has shown signs he’s a capable manager. He deserves time and a transfer window. I do have concerns though.

His midfield selection today was bonkers. His substitution at half team was equally as bizarre.

I understand folk will have questions and some concerns about certain decision making etc., but anyone seriously judging what he's doing with this squad needs to have a word with themselves.

Most of the 'decision making' is pre-determined by a piss poor squad that's decimated with injuries.

For once we need to get recruitment right. If we don't then it doesn't matter who our manager is — we'll be winning fuck all.

He got the eleven wrong today, very wrong.

But that loss is on Lundstram and the other mentally weak players who have psychological scars from that place and the tankings we've taken over the years.

We were toothless up front as well.

It's very simple.

He either wins the cup final or he goes into next season under a needless and unrelenting amount of pressure.

Like it or not, if you can't beat Celtic then you're not going to last long as Rangers manager.

Oh, and gut that dressing room.

These players don't beat celtic,

You could put Pep in charge and nothing would change.

Serious red flags for me. Leagues done so I'm looking for him to come out post match and say what we all think about this squad.
Still needs these players for the cup final. Unless he gets some players back fit before then, it would be terrible management to criticise them publicly.
Privately, who knows what he's saying to them.

Who can he pick from. We have no wingers. Our best left back has been out for over a month. We have no other strikers. Another CB got injured. Most of the players like Lawrence are guys who are not fit enough.

The manger wrung everything possible out of an awful, injury-ravaged squad for 4 months and then the lack of quality caught up with us in the last 2 months.

Today is the first time I have criticised him. The substitutions were utterly baffling. Having 10 men and taking Sterling’s power and energy out of midfield and leaving him at centre-back was insane; likewise taking off Silva who was working hard and causing them problems but leaving on Dessers when he could barely jog…madness.

The move for Sterling into centre half worked, in my opinion.

Maybe Yilmaz and Raskin could have played more, I have no idea on their respective fitness levels that way.

I'd have taken Dessers off too, but in fairness, whilst neither are great finishers, Dessers is the one more likely to score of the two.

Lundstram's absolute stupidity, on top of a first half performance where tracking runners seemed to be beyond him, cost us more than anything else.

He was and has been at fault several times, no doubt about it.

But you have to ask what the alternative is.

I think I’d prefer for Phil to learn through these mistakes than keep chopping and changing, with each new appointment being more hamstrung due to us having to pay off the previous.

Spent 3 months building up ridiculous amounts of credit in the bank, only to essentially piss it away by baffling team selections

Time will tell whether he's a successful Rangers manager, but he's done himself no favours with today's performance. Never a good sign when the game goes exactly as the majority said it would once the line-ups were announced.

It goes exactly how the majority said it would because Celtic have better players all over the park. (Injuries don’t help us either) Even guys like Johnston and Scales, who get mocked on here are better than what have in those positions.

I wouldn’t start next season with him.

His management over the last 6 weeks has been utterly bizarre.

Even before then, what were his great results. A win in Betis, what else?
He doesn't have the players to implement what he wants to do. He has had to deal with injury player time and time again.

Sterling has played 6 diff positions. He just doesn't have the team

The good news is the old out of contract players will be gone and he will bring in fit younger players

Beale dealt him a bad set of cards

The 'brand' of football is as bad as it has ever been. We are a long ball team. Strange decisions left right and centre now.

He's not for me at all.

What brand of football are you expecting with no frontline? The only player we've got fit and playing in his correct position in our front 3 is an absolute donkey.

Whatever his 'brand' is, there's no way he's able to implement it with the players we have available.

Back