Clement

One thing only...he does better! You can’t keep giving your main rivals two goal starts. He has matched them, no more really, in the last 6 months and in three attempts he hasn’t beat them once and that is a concern. We are very obviously still second best in Glasgow and that hurts.

He’s made two cup finals and got us into a winning position in the league from nowhere.
That buys him time IMO.
Remember Gerrard’s record in the cups?

1. Better team selection - stop playing players that have signed for other teams.
2 Not play our best midfielder at RW then CB.
3. To start games quicker and build confidence instead of 'playing our way into the game'.
4. Stop being a long ball team. I'm surprised at someone from the continent, been manager at good clubs, plays this brand of football. It's horrible to watch in all honesty.

I can't believe those still sticking up for him. He looks out his depth.

He inherited a crap team, turned this season into a title race, albeit we’ve came up short, and won a cup with a potential second cup. Took us group winners into the last 16 of the EL. Ironically, had he not got a tune out of the team, today wouldn’t have hurt so much. And I’m hurting badly.

No idea mate.....he's got a poor bunch....and made it a title race of sorts.......Think maybe Pep , Arteta. Alonso all have logins on here.

To lay some sort of bloody nose on them like Gerrard did in only his 2nd OF game.

3 games and we’ve been chasing every one from behind.

See a lot of stick coming Clement’s way on social media.

He’s having to pick up the pieces of years of mediocrity throughout the club.

Ross Wilson & Michael Beale in particular.

Back the manager, he got us back into this title race with a squad that’s clearly not fit for purpose.
A competent team selection vs the paedophiles would be a start.

He’ll get the summer window so let’s see how we go next season.
He will and should get the summer window but so did beale after we thought he knew what he was doing. Phil has made numerous worrying and costly mistakes and if he keeps doing that he'll be gone by xmas just like beale.

No manager is perfect but he's had a nightmare the last month or so. Team looking devoid of confidence, ability, desire, and he's not been able to change that.

Fundamentally the board need to give him the tools to enable him to succeed. If they dont we'll be here again next year

An uprooting of the current playing squad and the resources to bring in real quality in key positions

He’s been dealt a bad hand but he should still be playing the hand as well as possible. How he set up the midfield today was inexcusable

He’ll get excuses made for him and be cut slack because of what he inherited, but there’s many a red flag and concern there with him already.

Loses SC final and he’s right up against it - the only thing that would save him is excellent recruitment and there’s no prior evidence that we get that right when needed.

Stop playing long ball tactics to Dessers, never worked

Play your best players

Change tactical approach overall when playing this lot. Killie and Hearts won at Parkheid playing a high press game, Gerrard played this a lot, maybe give that a go rather than defending the half way line before stepping into a challenge

Don't be loyal to certain players

Substitutions baffling, and had little effect

Stop cuddling a ref who has an inherent dislike of us

A lot of the complainers will have said "this will be 5 or 6" at the start of the second half, and not acknowledge how well we done to make a fight of it.

(And I do acknowledge there was some luck to that, which you need)
whisper but it was the proper set up fir the second half.let them have the ball be compact and keep in the game.people won’t want to hear it but we finished the game the stronger team.

Clement deserved every bit of credit for dragging us back into title race, but equally he's not immune from criticism.

The hand he's got isn't great, but everyone could see that midfield was never going to work today.

New Manager bounce is over and he seems to be alienating players a bit and his team selections with underperformers, and more than that players who are clearly half arsed is baffling.

I'm a bit concerned about him now.

Getting his team selection right, understanding what it takes to play against Celtic, making the right decisions in play.
The team selection wasn’t encouraging however you’ve got to guess that Yilmaz wasn’t fit for 90 minutes, limited options wide etc. Lundstram’s stupidity leaves him with zero options.

Lundstram should never be seen anywhere near the team again!

Good man manager but horrible tactics
Agree listening to Oliver Glasner on Monday night talking about despite not being in the job very long he's already getting Crystal Palace playing his style of football the question about Philip Clement is after being incharge for six months what is his style of play?

Continually starting games wrong and having to change it

Very strange subs, players coming in from nowhere (Raskin)

The Cantwell “thing”

Sticking with players when we all thought it was their last game

Can’t beat Celtic

Strange press comments becoming more the norm

Ive wanted to give him a pass on this season since he first came in tbh do im sticking to my guns and will continue to get a pass from me until he's had at least the summer to change what he can in terms of players in and out. Can't help but the cup final is huge now though in terms of the credit he'll carry into the summer and next season. He's had more than enough of a look at this squad in every type of game he'll come up against in Scotland now so really should have learned plenty to give next season a proper go. And of course, he needs the backing to sign who he needs to bring in. With no backing he's no chance because there is a gap in quality between us and them currently.

Feels like even more of a must win now than it was even before today's game.

Last edited:
whisper but it was the proper set up fir the second half.let them have the ball be compact and keep in the game.people won’t want to hear it but we finished the game the stronger team.
I’m bloody sick of “finishing the game the stronger team”. It never results in a positive result for us does it?

Can we maybe try starting the game the stronger team for once?

The manager didn't pick his best players. It is that fckn simple. He is clueless. Fckn clueless.
Yes, I am in a fckn rotten mood!!!

He’ll get excuses made for him and be cut slack because of what he inherited, but there’s many a red flag and concern there with him already.

Loses SC final and he’s right up against it - the only thing that would save him is excellent recruitment and there’s no prior evidence that we get that right when needed.

giphy.gif

Not for the 1st time the manager has had a shocker. You need to play your best 11 in these games. These games are won in the midfield and to play 4231 and get over run is unforgivable.

Scales at one point ran from his 6 yard box to the half way line jogging past 5 players then played an attacking pass. If the manager can't see that and recognise what needs to be done then it's very worrying.

Why start Lundstram mate, why start borna when we have raskin and yilmaz. Terrible decisions. I've been right behind the gaffer all the way, never once doubted him, even after the press conference after Dundee, saying he got a reaction from Ross County. But enough is enough.
Enough is enough? Away for a lie down, Yilmaz obviously wasn’t fit enough to start. Lundstram on form is our best midfielder What has Raskin shown that merits a start? Hindsight is a great thing.

Playing devil's advocate here...

He sewn a silk purse etc..

This shower of serial losers have previous. Squad is more injury ravaged than they're letting on too.

He gets next season on a blank slate for me.

You don't get a blank slate if you lose the league from a winning position and don't win your first 4 OF games.

Clement done brilliantly for five months and seems to have lost the plot in the last 5 weeks. The player are a huge reason for where we find ourselves but you can't keep ignoring the decisions the managers makes.

We can mump and moan about how unfair it is but this is Glasgow. Normality goes out the window.

I don't want him sacked. I don't want him replaced but I'm not daft enough to think he's going to get to start next season with a blank slate especially if he doesn't win the cup final. No cup final win and he'll be under pressure from day one next season. It should never have came to that.

People on here need some perspective - he was never winning this league and has done better than any computer model would have predicted. Let him get a squad with his leaders - and let’s build a long term strategy around him. You want a change I recommend changing your club allegiances

The players had zero idea of shape or system and muddled to 80 minutes by good fortune.

Yes, its obvious, you are 2-1 up about to clinch the league you drop off.

It was not a reflection on Rangers, there was no gallantry involved.

The first 20 minutes of the second half was a nightmare. We carried a lot of luck.

We finished better when we had Yilmaz, Raskin, Wright and McAusland on to give us some energy, drive and movement - albeit no quality.

His team selections and subs are odd, and our football is poor.

Loses the cup final, and I expect he will then he will go to Parkhead early next season needing a win.

Pretty much same position Beale found himself in only at least he had them at Ibrox in the first Old Firm game of the season.

Rangers managers who can’t beat them don’t last long.

If this forum is any indication then Rangers have a lot more non Rangers fans than any other team. I have never heard such a whining, greeting faced mob of no hopers and never wassers in my life. I think it is high time that Admin bit the bullet and charge for entry to this site as it may get rid of the cloaked scum fans.

I don't want him as manager next season, I see nothing at all from him.

He is captain of a rudderless ship.

The bottle job which he has oversaw has been shameful, Dundee and Ross County ffs.

So what was your thoughts on him when he managed to get this team of failures back in to a Title race ?

I'm not blindly saying he's the next Pep or anything but we have to give him another transfer window at least to sort out Beale's mess, if we keep sacking Managers all the time no decent Manager will ever think about joining us

Back