Clement

There's Boyd saying the exact same things that's been said on here regarding not winning OF matches.

He needs to be given a chance to bring in his own players, he has inherited the worst set of players since the Gerrard rebuild.

It is still very worrying how little impact he has on games tactically. We have one way of playing which does not seem to work defensively or offensively
I think he's watched a Killie V St. Johnston game before he came here and thought playing long ball after long ball was the way to go. Every 19th Century Terrorist bastard is slagging us for playing punt it up the park fitba. It's embarrassing. If he can't get this team to get the ball on the ground and play around/through teams then I hate to say, he's not a Rangers manager. We pay players big bucks to play total football, compared to the kind of football killie play. It's embarrassing.

All the usual culprits who were annointing the new manager as a genius (as they did with Gio and Beale) after 6 weeks now wanting him sacked after 6 months (as they did with Gio and Beale).

Knives already sharpened so when the summer signings take some time to settle, they can demand his removal good and early and start the carousel again.

What a perfect way for the inmates to run an asylum.

And because the board have shown nothing but weakness in not backing the previous 2 managers this sort of pish is becoming endemic at the club, or at least amongst the vocal pantie-wetting element on here.

Leave the fucking manager time to build a fucking team!!!! It took Gerard and before him Smith 2 and a bit seasons to win the league and both had periods of adversity they had to manage through which would have seen them sacked by the surrender goldfish on here.

I’ve still to see what this man has to offer. He’s done fck all and some on here have him in the same class as Pep Guardiola.
As soon as he also kept Rae onboard then alarm bells were ringing for me. I get that this isn’t the right place to have an opinion that differs from the majority as you usually get hammered for that. I don’t see what most see when it comes to Clement. All I do know is we continually get pumped by a bang average filth side. Are things going to improve under this board. I personally doubt it.

A manager that can't beat Celtic won't last and I say that as an individual that likes Clement. We've not had a manager since Gerrard that can beat Celtic regularly.

Learns nothing

Nothing at all
I like the big man but the big games he's been found wanting... tactically team selections very worried... he has cup final and the summer to get this right if it continues into next season with most of this gutless losers... he's the next one gone

his tactics are hoof the ball long. He hasnt shown anything to show he know how to change a game. his sub's are just weird at time also
His tactics resemble a Scottish league 2 side. Lump it long and hope to win the second ball or cause chaos in the box. No interest in controlling the midfield.

Barisic over Ridvan.

Sterling out wide.

Absolute insistence on bypassing the midfield for long balls.

Lawrence starting and then lasting as long as he did.

A lot of really poor decisions, that had a huge impact on us being 2 down.

taxtics and team selection has been bizarre since March. He needs to get it together or things will turn for him.

To be fair, his praise for JL came when he was on his good spell.

Clement has surely seen what every other manager has now — when he isn't in that 3-month spell he's absolutely rotten.
Spell being the important word there and that's all it was ever gonna be.

A manager that can't beat Celtic won't last and I say that as an individual that likes Clement. We've not had a manager since Gerrard that can beat Celtic regularly.
Every manager since Gerrard has failed to learn from their first game. Gerrard lost his first old firm game and instantly learned. Gio, Beale and now Clement just keep going into the next game with the same game plan.

Rodgers read this team And Cements style of play like a book, we needed a fresh approach and we got the same old patterns of play. They were told to shoot on sight at our goals and it invariably pays off for them. I'm a football supporter, not a football manager, but keep expecting to get a rise out of player's who continually go two goals behind them, is troubling me somewhat, how about getting a rise out the team at 0-0

His tactics resemble a Scottish league 2 side. Lump it long and hope to win the second ball or cause chaos in the box. No interest in controlling the midfield.
He's underestimated Scottish Football and is being found out imo. He will be gone soon. I'd seriously consider Derek McInnes, hes done a sensational job with Killie this season. He's a Rangers man who gets what this club is about, something PC has proved time and time again now he doesnt get it.

Leave the fucking manager time to build a fucking team!!!! It took Gerard and before him Smith 2 and a bit seasons to win the league and both had periods of adversity they had to manage through which would have seen them sacked by the surrender goldfish on here.

They also managed to show they could beat Celtic early doors and regularly. That helps.

If you can't see his team selection and tactics we're wrong .
Ok mate, give me your lineup. Can’t wait to hear this.

The utter garbage I’m reading on here is baffling. What he’s done with the absolute shit show he inherited is remarkable. We would have eaten raw shite to get a title chase going into the split when Beale left.

Pipe up with your genius lineup or give it a fkin rest.

We appear to have appointed a manager that doesn't believe in a midfield.
We can't just ignore this point as it is what cost us again today.
I can't understand his outlook on games and the changes he makes at times within games & whilst these aren't what we call his players that is not what a manager is here to do.
There. Is very little interplay whatsoever from our midfiled & its killing us as we are just not controlling games properly.

Told us at the start we woil
When the team came out, we pretty much all knew the midfield was too light. We could foresee them dominating.

He's a stubborn manager and Goldson aside ( when too late) he sticks pretty much to his guns.

Sterling would have helped in midfield. He could have played at right back.
He shouldn't be be getting played at right wing.

Just no style of play whatsoever.
I'll give him this window but i'm concerned with the shite we are watching.
Hooked Cantwell for not listening which I agree with. We were told no shit side to side passes , I've mentioned this many a times on here, so why does Lundstram not get hooked for doing that week in week out. Unless PC is telling them to play like this which is worrying, seriously questioning his tactics. No doubt he seems to want to win etc but the football has been fucking brutal for ages.

He's underestimated Scottish Football and is being found out imo. He will be gone soon. I'd seriously consider Derek McInnes, hes done a sensational job with Killie this season. He's a Rangers man who gets what this club is about, something PC has proved time and time again now he doesnt get it.
I have ridiculed anyone who has suggested Mciness in the past but I’m coming round to the idea that we need someone like him tbh. Certainly wouldn’t make the same mistakes week after week.

So who we replacing him with then?
Based on who was fully fit I’m not sure who else he could have started with.
For me that loss is on Lundstram, own goal and idiotic sending off.
Hopefully that’s the last we see of him

I will only start to question him if Lundstrum, Barisic and to a lesser extend Goldson, Tav are starting next season.

And results v then continue.

Every manager since Gerrard has failed to learn from their first game. Gerrard lost his first old firm game and instantly learned. Gio, Beale and now Clement just keep going into the next game with the same game plan.
Until we appoint another manager that can beat Celtic regularly we'll continue to be 2nd best. Gerrard smashed them regularly and he's the only manager since Smith that could beat them regularly.

We appear to have appointed a manager that doesn't believe in a midfield.
We can't just ignore this point as it is what cost us again today.
I can't understand his outlook on games and the changes he makes at times within games & whilst these aren't what we call his players that is not what a manager is here to do.
There. Is very little interplay whatsoever from our midfiled & its killing us as we are just not controlling games properly.
He's already said that the current midfield personnel at his disposal can't play the way he wants his team to play: ie through the press. They just aren't good enough

Enough is enough? Away for a lie down, Yilmaz obviously wasn’t fit enough to start. Lundstram on form is our best midfielder What has Raskin shown that merits a start? Hindsight is a great thing.
I hope to fucķ I'm wrong about him, this is the first I've spoke out against him, defending him time after time when everyone else was slagging him. That's what I meant with, enough is enough. I've held back for too long defending him when his tactics and player selection was wrong, time after time. You/Me and should've been him, know that they 19th Century Terrorist bastards would have a free run in midfield. Why not try 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 and win the midfield battle by over running them. That rent bhoy Brenda has his number so much he's out talking to the mhedia a week before an OF saying he's going to have fun. It's a total joke.

It is-clement could have put sterling in midfield today, he never and we were overrun

His choices today were bad

He obviously sees him as more of a right sided front 3 player.

He set up Dessers goal.

McCausland can’t make that position his own, even Scott Wright. He doesn’t trust them that much they’re always benched.

He could have played Raskin in the mid.

I will only start to question him if Lundstrum, Barisic and to a lesser extend Goldson, Tav are starting next season.

And results v then continue.
How many old firm games does he get? No matter who was available today he proved he has learned nothing from previous games and started with a midfield who were always going to be over ran.

Nothing today suggested Clement is the man to overtake Celtic

Blaming our new manager for the same capitulation we've seen from same squad of diddies season after season is comical.

Once Clement has shipped out the losers and shitebags and replaced them with his own players I'm certain we will have what it takes next season.

How many old firm games does he get? No matter who was available today he proved he has learned nothing from previous games and started with a midfield who were always going to be over ran.

Nothing today suggested Clement is the man to overtake Celtic
Who would you have started in midfield?

Seems knee jerk for me tbh.

He inherited a pile of shite and has had one transfer window in January which is known for being difficult to get deals done in.

Had we won the title this year it would’ve surely been the worst Rangers team to win one? It can’t be understated just how much quality is lacking from the team, there’s only so much he can do from the training ground/sideline.

I hope to fucķ I'm wrong about him, this is the first I've spoke out against him, defending him time after time when everyone else was slagging him. That's what I meant with, enough is enough. I've held back for too long defending him when his tactics and player selection was wrong, time after time. You/Me and should've been him, know that they 19th Century Terrorist bastards would have a free run in midfield. Why not try 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 and win the midfield battle by over running them. That rent bhoy Brenda has his number so much he's out talking to the mhedia a week before an OF saying he's going to have fun. It's a total joke.
I get it mate we are all frustrated. But it’s the hope that kills you.

Back