Club 1872 Statement

So in your opinion, why can't the club ask the same, direct, pertinent questions? What protocol is preventing them offering a robust and searching statement on RIFC headed paper? (btw I'm not criticising the boards courage, more their strategy).

It's the same issue. We are not talking about the diplomacy required for sensitive geopolitical negotiations.

Apart from avoiding fines, and the fact that it will probably be ignored, what does this current strategy achieve?

Wait, you want me to answer you then tell me what I can and cant say to do it? How does that work? :D

Your answer is very, very simple. Other than only not being ignored for as long as it takes to issue a fine, what would the club achieve through calling everyone out?

The answer is 'nothing at all'

By using a friendly outlet to ask questions you cannot, the media cannot now write Rangers' complaints off as bitterness or simple hatred of celtic. By timing the statements one after the other, the media cannot now mention one without mentioning the other, and by so doing, asking the questions in a public manner.

Unfortunately we operate in the real world and that involves not just stamping your feet and shouting louder and louder until someone tells you what you want to hear.

I have no idea if this strategy will work at all, no idea. I know that yet another Rangers statement that says all the right things to get FF screaming 'BOOM, HEADSHOT' will achieve exactly what it has done to date. Not a single thing.

It is quite amusing how folk think the club can ask the same questions in the same manner. Few will know if this is directed by the club or not but I would wager a significant amount of cash that Rangers had at least some input into what was said and by whom.
OK. Fair enough tjay the club had some input. But Club 72 is for Rangers fans by Rangers fans. It simply isn't going to be read or covered outside if that closed loop. It's like having a court hearing in camera.

Choose anyone from these:

Not true.
You couldn't be more wrong.
Far from it.
Unfair accusation.

On what basis? Why not issue a real statement highlighting the compliance officers allegiance to the scum. Highlight the clear red card tackles against our players? Instead dignified silence again. If you know different I’d love to read it.

I’d add why not take the McGregor case to the court for arbitration in sport?

Reactions: BWO
Given the Brown and Simunovic assaults on St Johnstone players last Wednesday we have enough evidence to nail them.

Where is the statement of complaint from St Johnstone............NONE that's the problem if St J came out and complained as well as other teams something might get done?

Given the Brown and Simunovic assaults on St Johnstone players last Wednesday we have enough evidence to nail them.

Where is the statement of complaint from St Johnstone............NONE that's the problem if St J came out and complained as well as other teams something might get done?
If Hibs came out? No chance of that. They would have done so though if the attackers of their players had been our players.

The art of good PR would be to release a statement that gets the message home succinctly without being ridiculed as paranoid or petulant.
With the statistics at our disposal and the clear and obvious bias against us (from various incidents last weekend alone) I would have thought this relatively easy to do...... if we had a professional PR department which we clearly do not.
The first step should be to get rid of Traynor and Robertson, removing the passive responsive approach that hasn't worked in the past and will never work in the face of such an aggressive attack against us from a media campaign that targets us and is funded and supported by our bitter enemies.
We need to fight fire with fire even if it goes against the grain. Dignified silence doesn't work against these bitter cants and is actually seen as a weakness and fuels their desire to go even further.

It is quite amusing how folk think the club can ask the same questions in the same manner. Few will know if this is directed by the club or not but I would wager a significant amount of cash that Rangers had at least some input into what was said and by whom.

I follow that mate and tend to agree but good as the content of the statement is, it won’t place the latest hand-picked Penn State stooge under any pressure unless it is publicised. Do you fancy it to get any publicity having been made by Club1872? I have to say I don’t. It undoubtedly would of made by the club.

I think the club could have issued it and dared the CO to take action given their failure to punish the filth for their latest slurry of lies and synthetic outrage.

Wait, you want me to answer you then tell me what I can and cant say to do it? How does that work? :D

Your answer is very, very simple. Other than only not being ignored for as long as it takes to issue a fine, what would the club achieve through calling everyone out?

The answer is 'nothing at all'

By using a friendly outlet to ask questions you cannot, the media cannot now write Rangers' complaints off as bitterness or simple hatred of celtic. By timing the statements one after the other, the media cannot now mention one without mentioning the other, and by so doing, asking the questions in a public manner.

Unfortunately we operate in the real world and that involves not just stamping your feet and shouting louder and louder until someone tells you what you want to hear.

I have no idea if this strategy will work at all, no idea. I know that yet another Rangers statement that says all the right things to get FF screaming 'BOOM, HEADSHOT' will achieve exactly what it has done to date. Not a single thing.

I wholeheartly accept the point that you make in the last paragraph.
However, the club have used C1872 as a mouthpiece several times without that much impact. Even their recent successful activism regarding GCC and the fanzone, whilst yeoman's work, ultimately did little more than vindicate the support.

We are so demonised and our adverseries have so much power that I would suggest that current media strategy orthodoxy will achieve very little. We have very few friends in the Scottish media with any influence or editorial control. Surely there comes time for a different, possibly a more radical approach.

I'll stand corrected if the club feed a narrative through several friendly outlets in the next few days but I'm expecting very little in the way of tangible achievements.

Many will think it naive, but I still believe there is a place for honest, combative language, underpinned with a faith in what is both fair and right.

Its a decent statement and very welcome but out with Rangers and their fans, Club 1872 are - well nobody.
The SFA will pay as much attention to them as they do to any fans group which is unsurprisingly absolutely none.

It’s totally obvious for all to see. There was none of this nonsense prior to us beating the filth, and no questions were ever raised on refereeing integrity when the filth were coasting to honours.

However, the club have used C1872 as a mouthpiece several times without that much impact. Even their recent successful activism regarding GCC and the fanzone, whilst yeoman's work, ultimately did little more than vindicate the support.

Unfortunately ... this is the simple and important truth.
Our Club will only ever be protected properly by the Club itself --- every other blog and statement and tweet will be seen as "just" fans.

I've asked many many times -- is there another large sporting institution on this planet that allows itself to be maltreated in such a manner ??

Many will think it naive, but I still believe there is a place for honest, combative language, underpinned with a faith in what is both fair and right.

I worry that we will be waiting for some time.
I have given up hope of ever seeing our football club act like every other major football club does -- and defend itself from these obvious wrongs.

No matter how many times we are fined, or criticised.
We HAVE to keep casting light on the uneven and inequitable treatment that we are subjected to.

I also find it remarkable that the SFA, an organisation that is a step away from complicity in the worst child abuse case in world football, feels that it is untouchable.

Is this what the club couldn’t or wouldn’t say?
All very fair points and not a ranting and raving letter.
Well done!

This is excellent. Sadly we won’t change things by sheer willpower alone. It’s going to take structured, methodical work on a variety of fronts to address the imbalances in the media and SFA. The more fans that join C1872, the bigger their voice.

As much as I appreciate the actions of Club 1872, of which admittedly I am not yet a member, as we absolutely need to fight back, I think now the gloves need to be off. Now is not the time for vague questions.

I think incidents need to be directly addressed, names named and the club needs to take the lead. Who cares about upsetting a club that are our enemies.

If we have a concern over the decisions made by a referee or the compliance officer, it needs to be voiced. There must be no more ‘other clubs,’ or ‘other recent incidents.’ We need to say ‘why has Allan McGregor been cited for raising a foot, violent conduct or dangerous play, endangering an opponent, yet Scott Brown’s challenge on X HIV player has not. We feel this is a similar or worse incident and the decision requires investigation and explanation.

We also need to call out the record of and sectarian employment policies surrounding the various Compliance Officers.

As much as I appreciate the actions of Club 1872, of which admittedly I am not yet a member, as we absolutely need to fight back, I think now the gloves need to be off. Now is not the time for vague questions.

I think incidents need to be directly addressed, names named and the club needs to take the lead. Who cares about upsetting a club that are our enemies.

If we have a concern over the decisions made by a referee or the compliance officer, it needs to be voiced. There must be no more ‘other clubs,’ or ‘other recent incidents.’ We need to say ‘why has Allan McGregor been cited for raising a foot, violent conduct or dangerous play, endangering an opponent, yet Scott Brown’s challenge on X HIV player has not. We feel this is a similar or worse incident and the decision requires investigation and explanation.

We also need to call out the record of and sectarian employment policies surrounding the various Compliance Officers.
The gloves should have been off a long time ago mate.

This is excellent. Sadly we won’t change things by sheer willpower alone. It’s going to take structured, methodical work on a variety of fronts to address the imbalances in the media and SFA. The more fans that join C1872, the bigger their voice.

Club 1872 dont want numbers per se. They are concentrating on raising funds to buy shares. Political clout isn't important to them. That's what I was told.

You actually want the club to state publicly that the SFA have employed what, too many catholics as compliance officers? Or that they purposely chose a Catholic to aid cfc?

You actually want the club to state publicly that the SFA have employed what, too many catholics as compliance officers? Or that they purposely chose a Catholic to aid cfc?
I want the club to highlight individual incidents to ask the SFA to demonstrate their decision making process. I also want them to shine a light on the entire Compliance Officer system, why it was set up, how it works and given the background of the only 3 CO’s so far, the employment process followed as it seems sinister that of the only 3 appointments, all have an RC/Celtc leaning. The record of the various compliance officers (over an 8 year period) appears to indicate that Rangers draw far more attention than all other clubs, Celtc especially. We are entirely within our rights to ask as to the processes followed.

I want the club to highlight individual incidents to ask the SFA to demonstrate their decision making process. I also want them to shine a light on the entire Compliance Officer system, why it was set up, how it works and given the background of the only 3 CO’s so far, the employment process followed as it seems sinister that of the only 3 appointments, all have an RC/Celtc leaning. The record of the various compliance officers (over an 8 year period) appears to indicate that Rangers draw far more attention than all other clubs, Celtc especially. We are entirely within our rights to ask as to the processes followed.
So you want to know why they hired catholics don't you? Is there even any evidence that they are rc's or Celtic minded?
Someone on another thread said one was a motherwell fan. Anyway why should their religion be a problem anyway, they're all lawyers and should be respected as so.
All this paranoia is getting tiresome.

So you want to know why they hired catholics don't you? Is there even any evidence that they are rc's or Celtic minded?
Someone on another thread said one was a motherwell fan. Anyway why should their religion be a problem anyway, they're all lawyers and should be respected as so.
I am sure evidence has been posted on here (and previous boards) in the past. It’s late for me to be scrolling back through years of material here and elsewhere, perhaps other posters can assist? I will endeavour to come back to you in future days.

What is not in doubt is that during the tenure of these 3 individuals, the record of citings of players (by clubs) is heavily stacked against us. I would expect over a period of 8 or so years that things would to a degree balance out. This could not be further from the truth. Evidence shows a clear agenda against Rangers. Do you feel the CO’s backgrounds are merely coincidental?

Club 1872 dont want numbers per se. They are concentrating on raising funds to buy shares. Political clout isn't important to them. That's what I was told.

Well whoever told you that was talking nonsense. They need number to buy shares for a start, but a key aspect of the organisation has been campaigning and numbers help with both.

So, because someone's a lawyer, that automatically entitles them to respect?

You are completely missing the point.

If, say, the SFA appointed one Orangeman (even a lawyer one) to the position of Compliance Officer, all hell would break loose, and their situation would become untenable.

Never mind 3 in a row, all appointed via an agency with known connections to the same club.

So, don't give us any of your paranoia shit.

For the record, I don't even want a Compliance Officer to be pro-Rangers, as that would not be good for the game.

I do, however, want a level playing field, and even the dogs on the street know we are a million miles away from that right now.

I would face added the following.

1. Why have rangers been penalised for Naismith and Mcgregor when scott brown has done the exact same thing to candeias and holt

2. Why have no Celtic players even been cited and give a list of examples brown siminvoic Burke hooper and prividecthe links

Club should have let rip & then when summoned , as they would have undoubtedly have been, use that to cite further anomalies in as much as we complain we get summoned & fined, scum complain they get an invite round for a cup of tea & a cosy chat.
Have said before I appreciate what the board has done for the club but in respect of defending the club & fans they have been & remain woefully inadequate. In this regard Reid’s words are coming true, they have nailed us to the floor & we are supplying the hammer. The word gutless sums it up.

This compliance pish underlines why VAR can't ever get the go ahead in our game. It would be just another tool added to hinder one team and benefit another. It can't work in this football backwater.

This compliance pish underlines why VAR can't ever get the go ahead in our game. It would be just another tool added to hinder one team and benefit another. It can't work in this football backwater.
Var would be a costly farce in this country, corrupt to the detriment of us and beneficial to Shamr FC

I like their question on how the panel is selected for each incident, would be interesting to get an answer to this.

Back