Club 1872

Milky, it's disheartening that we as a support find ourselves in this situation. You speak for circa 6k member's. You fire off statements which are not fire and brimstone but almost lick spittleesque in their content. 6k members are probably not happy about both the managerial vacancy and that embarrassment of a statement clearly sanctioned by the club. When will you be holding the board to account. You are the second largest shareholding re you not?

Some people want fire and brimstone, some want a measured approach. Unfortunately we will never please everybody.
All I can say is a supporter of 30 years plus do you think I'm personally happy with how things are playing out?
We are a relatively new board and are trying to do what's in the best interest of our members and the wider support, decisions have to be measured and correct.

they put up with a lot of shite on twitter from obsessive morons...i don't blame them for blocking them

As I said earlier I cannot believe the amount of absolute rubbish and attacks made on club 1872 by rangers fans.
I stood up and got involved because I care but it's brutal that we love to turn in our own, no wonder sellik fans laugh at us. Lets stand together and act as if we are the people.

As a director of Club 1872 I would ask for a little patience. We are actively discussing the matter to find the best way forward, as somebody intimated earlier we don't want to be seen as an organisation that only issues statements. Please remember we are all Rangers fans as well and feel the pain as keenly as everybody else.
As I said earlier I cannot believe the amount of absolute rubbish and attacks made on club 1872 by rangers fans.
I stood up and got involved because I care but it's brutal that we love to turn in our own, no wonder sellik fans laugh at us. Lets stand together and act as if we are the people.

It 's quite clear people who are constructively criticising because they want things to be better and the group of people who just want you to fail so constantly dig at you all day on twitter and then cry when you block them.

I don;t want fire and brimstone but i do want our feelings known about the last few weeks and a question asked about the needlessly confrontational tone of the clubs communication, its cringeworthy.

It 's quite clear people who are constructively criticising because they want things to be better and the group of people who just want you to fail so constantly dig at you all day on twitter and then cry when you block them.

I don;t want fire and brimstone but i do want our feelings known about the last few weeks and a question asked about the needlessly confrontational tone of the clubs communication, its cringeworthy.

Fair comments mate, none of which I personally disagree with.

As a director of Club 1872 I would ask for a little patience. We are actively discussing the matter to find the best way forward, as somebody intimated earlier we don't want to be seen as an organisation that only issues statements. Please remember we are all Rangers fans as well and feel the pain as keenly as everybody else.

So tell me ? What pain have you felt since the board issued a statement that Derek McInnes wasn’t to be interviewed, I’m curious being a Club 1872 member

I'm in club 1872 and I'm not up in arms that we never got derek fucking mcinnes or his sidekick. In fact im delighted he's not coming.
I am with you, Alfredo. many of our fellow fans on here were desperate for DM. Now he has said he is not coming, the dummy has been spat out and they have to blame someone i.e. It's the boards fault. For many he was the ideal pick, supported the club, played for the club and was Scottish. The board never got to speak to him and it is their fault. I couldn't care less about statements, let's just get a good manager, however long it takes.

So tell me ? What pain have you felt since the board issued a statement that Derek McInnes wasn’t to be interviewed, I’m curious being a Club 1872 member

The pain that we remain managerless surely that must be a concern to any rangers fan. I'm pretty confident that mcinnes pulled out at the last moment and accordingly he's not the right man, but I just want to see a settled management team building us back to where we should be.

Why ? so he knocked us back and chose to stay where he is. I'm not concerned in the slightest. Do i really want a manager in charge of us with his small club mentality, course not. I don't see the point in statements and if they do want to say something then I'd much prefer it done via private channels.

Lets stop bed wetting here. The Aberdeen manager didn't come. Lets put it in perspective

Six weeks have passed since the previous manager left.

There was an exercise to gather CVs and consider whether there was anyone worth considering, clearly there wasn't.

Then the Aberdeen manager was approached and didn't want the job.

No-one has any idea who it is going to be and the youth coach is being left to run the first team for the rest of the year.

The club has released a statement which came across as condescending and mean spirited.

Do you really think this is not something of an issue

The pain that we remain managerless surely that must be a concern to any rangers fan. I'm pretty confident that mcinnes pulled out at the last moment and accordingly he's not the right man, but I just want to see a settled management team building us back to where we should be.

Can I make a suggestion please?

Hire some full time staff to answer enquiries based on your internal policy and procedure framework and / or knowledge base because a body with the resources Club 1872 have should be answering member questions efficiently and effectively, not hiding behind the volunteer wall.

Or at the very, very least - outsource it.

That's not me having a go btw, that's a genuine and honest improvement suggestion.

I know there's a lot of change happening right now, and there's a lot you guys are working on - but there's no valid reason why member emails should be going weeks and weeks without response, or not responded to at all.

Ok mate I get and understand your response now, however we will be better off for not engaging with McInnes and his entourage and like the Pheonix we shall arise again, with a more suited person at the helm.

Are you a member?

Whether he's a member or not, he's absolutely correct. CLUB1872 should be holding the board to account and seeking clarification whenever matters don't seem right from the outside to us 'normal' fans who plough hundreds season after season into the coffers of the club. Now is that time.

club 1872 should speak for all fans, and all fans are not up in arms against the board over this.
they wanted to offer him the job but were not allowed to speak with him before he said no.
They speak for their members if fans who do not pay in their monthly subs then they can do their own whinging don’t cry for club1872 do do it.

Surely they have to speak out on our behalf here

This is embarrassing

Am I the only person in here that isn't the slightest bit "embarrassed"?

Embarrassing is getting caught having a Barclay's by a relative.
Embarrassing is shiting your trolleys 1 minute from safety.
Embarrassing is texting your Brother telling him to get his kit off for me getting home.
Embarrassing is farting in a lift and someone gets in at the next floor.

Take six weeks to find a manager who then gets stage fright, embarrassing? Nah!!

Last edited:
I don't think the main pain is being without a manager. It's the performance of elements of the board. Appointing Pedro. The McInnes shambles. Lack of clarity on almost every issue.

C1872 should speak for their members / investors.

Some people want nowt to do with c1872 or any fan group.
people want others todo the work and ask questions but dont want to contribute or get involved when asked
its simple Guys join the club and ask question via Email

people want others todo the work and ask questions but dont want to contribute or get involved when asked
its simple Guys join the club and ask question via Email
That's exactly how it is. The most critical won't even be members but shout a lot about they should be doing this or that.

That's exactly how it is. The most critical won't even be members but shout a lot about they should be doing this or that.
i sometimes wonder to what extent some posters that do the shouting do contribute to anything regarding the club.

I'm in it but am so close to cancelling, already dropped down to £5 from £18.72.

Just not flexing its muscles enough.

They should be calling for a meeting with Robertson and maybe Dickson too!

I'm in it but am so close to cancelling, already dropped down to £5 from £18.72.

Just not flexing its muscles enough.

They should be calling for a meeting with Robertson and maybe Dickson too!

Have you let them know your views?

Have you let them know your views?
Yeah mate at the time when I cut down from £18.72 to a fiver I let them know.

They were nice enough and didn't try talk me out of cutting down but I'm not sure they were interested in any of my points.

What was your email about and I will personally look into it. Remember the board are volunteers, I am at work just now, taking time to post on here. In addition there is only one admin worker so again lets be realistic.
Something some of you on here seem to forget that the people involved with C1872 are volunteers not full-time workers, they have their own work to deal with, so a statement maybe today, (friday) or possibly later, get off their backs it's usually the clowns that are not even members of C1872 that do all the complaining.

Just to confirm guys that we will be meeting with Stewart Robertson during the week to discuss what has happened, we also want to address questions we were unable to raise at the agm.

I will be honest, we genuinely want to represent the fans, that is why we are involved but Rangers fans are such a disparate bunch who want different things and criticize you when you don't achieve what they want.

For club 1872 to be succesful there needs to be an element of trust between the membership and the board, I can promise you with my hand on my heart that none of us are in any way affiliated with the board, or seeking a blazer or grandeur out of this, we all want to the club to be stable and successful.

I know you should ignore the noise but it is wearying when a lot of people allude to us being in bed with the board, I have only ever met James Blair through my involvement in Club 1872, or been in the directors box in my life.

We have to act professionally and responsibly so patience is required, I know its frustrating sometimes but I believe it is the right thing to do.

Dear Mully10, The last thing to do on here is tell everyone that you are a Director of Club1872, you may well from now on be showered with a sorts of rubbish comments and I can imagine all sorts of requests for statements and your personal and Club1872 views.
I wish you and all Club1872 Directors and Members a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year 2018

Dear Mully10, The last thing to do on here is tell everyone that you are a Director of Club1872, you may well from now on be showered with a sorts of rubbish comments and I can imagine all sorts of requests for statements and your personal and Club1872 views.
I wish you and all Club1872 Directors and Members a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year 2018

He should be able to tell us no bother. Most people with a bit of sense and respect will only encourage him.

I know, but I am still bright eyed and optimistic, I am sure given time it will be knocked out of me.

He should be able to tell us no bother. Most people with a bit of sense and respect will only encourage him.

You are correct but you state "He should be able to tell us no bother" and "Most people with a bit of sense and respect" that is the difference some on here will not adhere as I have read many times in some of the threads. All the best

I disagree and glad he did. I wish him well in his unpaid and own time role. Thankless task at times.

good questions but Robertson is not the man to answer them. He will do his usual deflect and waffle as he is incapable of standing up for the fans or the club.

I am a member of club 1872
I never said you weren’t.

Although I have met quite a few supporters who have asked club1872 to speak out I asked them do they contribute monthly and they say no, but they feel strong enough to say they should despite them not bothering to join.
We should have a membership of 20k plus.

Back