Club Statement regard Derek McInness - Murty in charge until end of the year

I don't normally bother my arse about statements we put out and sometimes quite like us mixing it up a wee bit but somebody should get their marching orders for that one and stop taking supporter reaction as a basis for sticking statements out. Its got a real dummy out the pram feel about it and I wouldn't be surprised if the sheep came back with a snorter of their own that will make us look even more stupid off the back of it.

Here is my take on it, we have chased McInnes for 6 weeks like a spotty teenager chasing a worldy, we finally get a chance at said worldy and offer to take her for McDonalds meanwhile at home her hubby who’s a shite ride has just booked a 5* meal at a top restaurant with steak and caviar. The worldy then pies us off leaving us with nothing but a happy meal to keep us occupied while she stays with her man at home. We then tell all our mates we we’re really interested in the first place in a vain attempt to save face

Simple terms but I’m a simple man

Wha

What IF we dont, what then?

If we don't then good and well however it will be by luck rather than design. Taking six weeks to get a knock back then not having a back up plan is utter negligence. If the board luck out and we keep getting results it will be way more than their incompetence deserves!

I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t won Directors Box hospitality tickets for tomorrow.
Got a feeling the Directors might get some verbals and I will get chucked out!

Last edited:
McInnes didn't want to be interviewed so Murty till the break and we are still assessing candidates.
The statement should have been based on this, no need to elabourate.

The statement should have informed us about the plans to find a new manager.

Instead we get something a few of us sitting in the pub could have knocked up.

That wee dig is cheap and makes us look like a stupid wee lassy scorned.

Not a massive fan of constant statements but the fans rightly, after 6 weeks, would like some information of the process and progress. Plenty of meat in that without making silly wee comments.

Statement was a shambles

Ah well just waiting on skybet to pay out my bet on Murty next manager £20 @ 8/1

4 games to go before they need to payout

McInnes not taking the job backs up my belief that he wouldn't have been capable or confident enough in his own abilities to take on Rodgers and Celtic.
That's not the man I'd be trusting with a job as big as ours.

He'll regret his decision, we'll move on and hopefully appoint someone with the character and stature required to be the Rangers manager.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's already regretting his choice.
If he's not already, then he certainly will in the coming days when the reality of his decision hits home.

I also wouldn't be surprised if moves on his part are made to rectify this decision – if they are, I'd home we tell him to absolutely ram it.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre.
In a normal world, no so-called Ranger ever knocks us back to stay at the sheep.

In fact, in a normal world, the sheep fan leaves to join the bigger club, Rangers, every time.
Think about that for a second.

All that was needed was an update to fans about what the plan was.
Only say a small bit about McInnes about how we respect his decision and wish him well in his future endeavours. That's it.

The statement has me a bit embarrassed to say the least and whoever gave it the ok to be published should be out the door immediately.

No class or dignity whatsoever, what has our great club come to?!!
The board are an easy target in this, which is their own fault. McInnes though I assume has led us on somewhat and the statement reads as we are mightily pissed off at him.
I think he is fair game for any criticism that comes his way.

McInnes not taking the job backs up my belief that he wouldn't have been capable or confident enough in his own abilities to take on Rodgers and Celtic.
That's not the man I'd be trusting with a job as big as ours.

He'll regret his decision, we'll move on and hopefully appoint someone with the character and stature required to be the Rangers manager.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's already regretting his choice.
If he's not already, then he certainly will in the coming days when the reality of his decision hits home.

I also wouldn't be surprised if moves on his part are made to rectify this decision – if they are, I'd home we tell him to absolutely ram it.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre.
In a normal world, no so-called Ranger ever knocks us back to stay at the sheep.

In fact, in a normal world, the sheep fan leaves to join the bigger club, Rangers, every time.
Think about that for a second.
I heard a rumour this morning that Milne has promised him they'll get the new stadium, a new training ground and funds to strengthen the first team and they'll attempt to buy whoever it is they got on loan from the yahoos. Third hand info but if he thinks he's building a legacy at the sheep compared to trying to sort us out then he maybe just fancied that idea more. I never really wanted him in charge so I'm well over it already. More looking forward to Saturday now.

Sunderland was a big rebuilding job, with the promise of success (stability in the mid/upper EPL) = legend status

Rangers is a big job, not massive rebuilding but taking us forward and to the top = legend status

Aberdeen, happy to come 2nd to a pish Yahoos & 1 trophy = legend status

thats why he's staying

That statement stinks of Traynor.

For whatever reason he has knocked us back.

The statement should simply be about what we are now going to do not to try and save face as that just makes it looks worse.

Sack Traynor today should be in that statement, that would be my first course of action.

Typical of the board to pass the buck once again. They talk of the manager being able to ' cope with the demanding off field environment '. Well how about they themselves finally face up to the ongoing war against our Club by the entire Celtic intelligentsia in this country instead of all this dignified silence crap. How about them defending the Club and the supporters just for a change ?

So the statement basically reads as - Six weeks ago we the board of Rangers sacked our manager who turned out to be a big diddy. Over the past six weeks we have advertised for a manager but everyone who applied was a big diddy so we offered the job to the current Aberdeen manager. He said no, therefore confirming that he is a wee diddy. We will now look again for a manager. Fans can rest assured that Mr Robertson will resume his position behind the letter box at Ibrox Stadium awaiting letters from potential managers. The first non diddy to apply will be hired. Yours, Jim Traynor

I should be obliged if any or all of the Board Haters on here would be so kind as to pony up their 5million pounds and replace the members they dislike. Doesn't matter what this Board has done for Rangers as long as the haters can hate.

My take is he was thinking about the job after being upset at Dave King telling everyone we wee going after someone, after losing 6 points to us he was probably raging. he realised the job was probably too big for him and thought he would get his own back. His Loss

Last edited:
Patronising, spiteful and miles away from the kind of dignified statement our club should release.

Must have come from Traynor.

PS It's also proof we are clueless in how to appoint a manager.

Bloody hell, my post from last night has been quoted by Tom English on the BBC website.

Not sure now whether to think I must have used the right words, or whether to be annoyed with myself that a Rangers hating pr1ck agreed with me.

Bloody hell, my post from last night has been quoted by Tom English on the BBC website.

Not sure now whether to think I must have used the right words, or whether to be annoyed with myself that a Rangers hating pr1ck agreed with me.
The latter m8

Back