Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
what bullshit he missed 2 chances and he had service with matondo and sakala making a huge difference

again gios defensive tactics invited a superior team onto us

Morelos isn’t the type you can throw in here and there and expect a performance from, we should know that by now.

If Colak is playing in league we are as well sticking with him in Europe. If he plans on Morelos in Europe then he needs to play in league games more often or it’s pointless.

Bit harsh considering Alfredo had as close to zero service as I can remember since Roofe in the Old Firm drubbing at new year.

Our front 3 didn’t stand a chance tonight.
We only gave it a go in the final 10 when they’re basically finished playing and we pushed up a bit.
Haaland would’ve struggled to play tonight never mind Morelos

There are a lot of myths about Morelos; his ability to hold up the ball doesn’t transfer to Champions League level despite the myriad of excuses made for him.

Colak is a better bet for putting a chance away and should be in the team.
Colak played in the group stages last season also and scored.

Also scored the goal that put us there against PSV.

Colak is our main striker and rightly so, a great signing so far.

Beggars belief how anyone wanted Alfie to start tonight
I’d have Alfie starting if we didn’t put a young CAM on RW and the CMs were written and were all worse than a man down allowing everyone to triple up on Kent and not bother about Tillman therefore completely isolating Alfie.

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
Morelos had no service he was the correct choice for tonight’s game if you can supply him with the ball

Why play him ahead of our form striker? He's not being blamed but it was a very poor call.
That was 1 change that sense imo. Morelos has shown what he can do in Europe. Colak is rough around the edges outside the box but comes alive in the box. We could played prime McCoist up top tonight but he'd have done nothing as well as we barely crossed the halfway line until after 70mins.

Quite amazing the lengths some will go to, to defend Morelos.

We were told he needed to start tonight because he didn't need service, he creates his own chances. He also creates an outball and he can bully defenders, makes himself a nuisance etc.

We never saw any of that tonight from him even when we were out of possession he was largely ineffective.

Colak was unlucky not to start tonight, but even if he did I can't imagine he would have done any better given that formation Gio played.

Strange performance from Morelos tonight even with poor service. Only thing he seemed to be interested in doing was diving for a freekick when he got the ball.

Quite amazing the lengths some will go to, to defend Morelos.

We were told he needed to start tonight because he didn't need service, he creates his own chances. He also creates an outball and he can bully defenders, makes himself a nuisance etc.

We never saw any of that tonight from him even when we were out of possession he was largely ineffective.

Colak was unlucky not to start tonight, but even if he did I can't imagine he would have done any better given that formation Gio played.
They will never see it.

I
You have a good point.

But....was Alfie ahead of Colak justified? Not at all.
I get why he started, I think Colak would have floated about the first 75 with no service and offering nothing (much as Alfie did), however, from what we have come to expect of Alfie, imo there was a better chance he’d cause problems than Colak. Ultimately it didn’t turn out that way as he was totally isolated and didn’t even have scraps to feed off of.
Based on this season so far though, I agree, Alfie didn’t deserve to be in ahead of Colak, he was put in based on what we know he’s capable of.

Nonsense.
Morelos had Kent playing alsongside him ffs.
And Colak was too slow with his chance.

That was 1 change that sense imo. Morelos has shown what he can do in Europe. Colak is rough around the edges outside the box but comes alive in the box. We could played prime McCoist up top tonight but he'd have done nothing as well as we barely crossed the halfway line until after 70mins.
Colak has shown he can do it in Europe too. Both for and against us.

Right now he should never had been dropped. We could have played McCoist and done the same I get that and it's not Morelos' fault but the way we set up and the lack of creativity all things considered did Morelos do anything at all or bring anything that this seasons top player wouldn't have? No for me.

This is the type of nonsense that annoys me about supporters. Surely you have played football or have some understanding of how tactics impact and change games.

We started with a 3 at the back, two wing backs and two deep lying midfielders.

2 wide players, 1 who wasn't trying and the other who isn't a winger and is inexperienced.

There was such a gap from our midfield to attack, we aimed pathetic long balls up the park to no one. Morelos got no service at all. I felt sorry for him, that we started to change shape into a more attacking formation and started to create chances but Colak was on.

Colak should've done better with both chances. He should've finished the first one, second one I have no idea why he felt the need to take an extra touch.

Morelos had no service because Kent and Tillman were incapable of providing any. Matondo and Sakala come on and start running at players and we start making chances. I thought Alfie did as well as he could performing a thankless task. Colak did well but he fluffed his lines with one of the few chances he got.

He’s just better than Morelos, it’s not 2019 anymore.

Colak can’t be trusted in Europe yet got two clubs into the CL, PSV whether they qualified or not have a CL capable side on paper.
theres no danger hes better then morelos

psv? thought it was malmo

Buff had no service all night get a grip .

Front 3 that finished starts on Saturday for me.
I wanted Morelos to start but I though he was hopeless.
Tend to agree although Saturday is a perfect time for Alfie to get another hour into his legs.
We only have 2 strikers so he needs them both as match fit as possible.

Did you say that before the game mate ?
Alfie and Kent on their game are a handful but both are miles off (half arsed effort imo) Sakala i love the chaos he brings along with Matondo and Colak made things happen which we never had in 70 minutes, i am a Carpenter not a football manager so no i never said that pre match but i would have started Colak and Sakala.

So many of our fans don't understand football. Blaming the striker when he has no service and the midfield is non existent. Learn to watch Football matches properly and actually watch the game as it unfolds.
steve fucking davis and lundstum while tillam out of poistion on the right he looks lazy and not again should he be played there

sakala was full of energy and matondo showed up not bad

looking to drive forward

we shouldnt be sitting back and parking the bus against anyone we proved last year the players are up to it

its gios negative tactics

Alfie and Kent on their game are a handful but both are miles off (half arsed effort imo) Sakala i love the chaos he brings along with Matondo and Colak made things happen which we never had in 70 minutes, i am a Carpenter not a football manager so no i never said that pre match but i would have started Colak and Sakala.
colak made %^*& all happen the wingers did colak missed 2 chances which you dont get alot of in the champions league

Utter pish. Held the ball up when he could, Kent and Tillman were meant to link with him.

Back