Cole Palmer

Because he wasn't willing to give him the game time.

I'm sure Pep said it himself. He wanted game time and Pep wasn't willing to give him it.
Had he waited like Pep wanted, he'd have got the game time eventually. Tbf his move has worked well for him.

Palmer and Foden are the hottest talents in England. Two scallies with awful hair from Manchester. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I imagine they’ve probably got a few kids between them already too.

Just play Rice alongside Wharton, who is excellent defensively, and then you can pick any from Foden/Palmer/Saka/Grealish/Gordon, depending on what you fancy, to play alongside Bellingham and Kane.

Think Mainoo is a talent but feel he needs a full season behind him to develop physically.

City selling Palmer was an obvious one from an FFP point of view as well.

Not that they worry themselves with that type of thing right enough.

Had he waited like Pep wanted, he'd have got the game time eventually. Tbf his move has worked well for him.
And if Pep had given him the game time he'd be having this season for City. The title would probably be wrapped up by now.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Pep might be thinking he got that one wrong.

He's level with Haaland now.

With Grealish (£100m.) as a sub.
Declan Rice as the anchor, all they need is a solid leader at the back and they have potential to win trophies!
Without that leader at the back the answer's Butland to save the day.

He reminds me of someone (his playing style) and I cant quite put my finger on it

He plays a bit like Adrian Mutu in my eyes. Far from the quickest (Mutu may have been a bit quicker than Palmer) but brilliant in tight spaces, excellent technically and obviously knows how to score a goal. Pretty sure Mutu also had an excellent penalty conversion rate too.

And if Pep had given him the game time he'd be having this season for City. The title would probably be wrapped up by now.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Pep might be thinking he got that one wrong.

He's level with Haaland now.
In Hind sight it’s definitely one for him to look back and wonder - especially selling mahrez and then buying Nunes (nunes was more expensive than palmer I think). Think it’s similar looking back at Chelsea selling Salah/De Bruyne - at the time Chelsea were winning leagues and champions leagues and they didn’t have enough space to blood younger players with potential, just like city now.

Another point is Palmer is a great talent but his team are dreadful in mid table, does he do the defensive side of the game well enough?

Na mo
He plays a bit like Adrian Mutu in my eyes. Far from the quickest (Mutu may have been a bit quicker than Palmer) but brilliant in tight spaces, excellent technically and obviously knows how to score a goal. Pretty sure Mutu also had an excellent penalty conversion rate too
Na not Mutu Im thinking of.

Is it Hoddle? One for the older Bears

Or a left footed Le Tissier maybe same running style swagger

1 goal behind Haaland now, from the right hand side.

Pep doesn't make mistakes regularly, but even he must be thinking he made a mistake with that one now.
I'm sure I read that City have a clause when they sold him that they have a buy back at a set price, I think if that's true they would look at him again.

Criminal if he doesn't go.
If he went he might not play when you see the players available to England in the same position. Foden isn't guaranteed a start for England either and that's where you'd bee looking for Palmer to play surely.

Back