Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the tours will be very busy next season! I know I'm busting to get a look at all the work that's been done.

Absolutely steeped in history and tradition. There is no other stadium in Scotland that comes anywhere even close to ours. That main stand is an absolute thing of beauty, inside and out.

I would really love the club to be able to regenerate the immediate grounds surrounding the stadium in the coming years.

Keep up the good work Rangers, our time is coming again, and this time we will celebrate our successes like never seen before.

Loved seeing these pictures, thank you for posting, great improvements going on around our fantastic stadium, a ground like no other.

Noticed during Edmundsons unveiling that the scaffolding has moved to the other end of the Copland Stand, did we ever find out if it's just upgraded lighting or are they replacing under side of the roofs aswell?

That floor looks tiled. I wonder it it's still intact underneath that new blue carpet, which is beautiful btw.

Yes it’s still underneath! Found this image on Instagram.

6Gc6wwQ.jpg

Great to see the stadium being overhauled everywhere. Much needed and been needed over the years. Will be good to see the finished work

Couple of more pics chaps,pitch looking nice now,Copland roof just about complete and scalfolding near the end of the stand now,track relaying is still dependent on the weather which hasn't been great recently.

2bsj1d.jpg

ab1icp.jpg

2irvux1.jpg
Only one of the images showing for me

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is that a new tunnel? The old one was looking a bit tatty when you saw it from the main stand.

It's great that I'm questioning whether we've replaced the tunnel after the shit we've been through.

Can anyone shed any light if we are going to clean up the brickwork under the new cladding and also clean the white beams on the main stand roof

Another big bear of mines is the glass panelling at either end of the main stand, can see boxes and that lying around as if it's used for storage

Couple of more pics chaps,pitch looking nice now,Copland roof just about complete and scalfolding near the end of the stand now,track relaying is still dependent on the weather which hasn't been great recently.

2bsj1d.jpg

ab1icp.jpg

2irvux1.jpg
Would love to see the advertising boards that run along the concrete walls behind the electronic advertising boards all have the same blue panels with the RFC logo.
Also hope the blue track that is ripped up, is also going to be followed by the faded AstroTurf being replaced with either newer Astro or some of the colored blue Astro with our club logo on it. Would make a big difference in my opinion.

Would love to see the advertising boards that run along the concrete walls behind the electronic advertising boards all have the same blue panels with the RFC logo.
Also hope the blue track that is ripped up, is also going to be followed by the faded AstroTurf being replaced with either newer Astro or some of the colored blue Astro with our club logo on it. Would make a big difference in my opinion.

Was going to say that faded light green Astro turf looks a mess, I hope they’re replacing it with decent stuff .

You would think with the vast sums of money being spent, this would be getting done for sure, as it does stick out like a sore thumb.

What a glorious looking stadium we do have.

Was going to say that faded light green Astro turf looks a mess, I hope they’re replacing it with decent stuff .
Haven't heard a thing about that,so more than likely it won't be getting touched,If it was being done they would have replaced it when they were doing the pitch.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that the pitch track and perhaps the tacky worn astroturf just at the touchline should be replaced with nice blue astroturf and a nice big Rangers logo in white,there would be nothing difficult about it and no doubt all comes down to money and how much there is to spend.

But i'm a great believer that if your going to do the job then do it properly and all at once(pitchside) and that way it doesn't have to be touched again for a few years.
Ibrox is our home and should always look top notch.

Another big bear of mines is the glass panelling at either end of the main stand, can see boxes and that lying around as if it's used for storage

I first spotted this on occasion many years ago. It boiled my piss then and still does when I see them. Cardboard boxes, please GTF!

Anyway, it's interesting to see all the stadium improvements elsewhere. Nice touches from the club.

its always been difficult trying to get wifi signal at Ibrox always thought it was because thousands of people are using it at same time

They are installing the system they use at big events like festivals etc. It’s like there are multiple hot spots in the ground so it can deal with the traffic but in non match days they can switch it all off so keeps the costs etc down. Far more technical people than me will explain it better.

They are installing the system they use at big events like festivals etc. It’s like there are multiple hot spots in the ground so it can deal with the traffic but in non match days they can switch it all off so keeps the costs etc down. Far more technical people than me will explain it better.
Is that not just a signal booster for 4G?

2bsj1d.jpg

ab1icp.jpg

2irvux1.jpg
Thank god they finally got rid of the ugly ‘family stand’ sign above the Broomloan stand. Been doing my head in for as long as I can remember

Last edited:
Any sign of any kerchering yet? Must be getting to that stage where it’s ready to be done . There was a poster on here who said it was scheduled for once the panels were all in place .

Has any photos emerged of the new dressing room and players prep area yet? Interested to see how this will look, hopefully a mix of tradition and modernisation.

Has any photos emerged of the new dressing room and players prep area yet? Interested to see how this will look, hopefully a mix of tradition and modernisation.
I don't think we're getting a new dressing room mate

Sure I read on here it was being modernised as part of upgrades
It was rumoured to be planned at one point and everyone had a bit of a hissy fit over it.

All that was mentioned was a new players lounge, gym and managers office closer to the dressing room

SLO is on holiday. Maybe send an email that he can pick up on his return.

Is there an Ibrox Facilities Department email address I can send this too? Pretty shambolic considering people are working directly under that at the moment where there's a portacabin standing.

Some guy from Morris and Spottiswood out drinking his tea then part of the stadium knocks him out, but thats worse case scenario!

Is there an Ibrox Facilities Department email address I can send this too? Pretty shambolic considering people are working directly under that at the moment where there's a portacabin standing.

Some guy from Morris and Spottiswood out drinking his tea then part of the stadium knocks him out, but thats worse case scenario!

Use form on this page

https://rangers.co.uk/club/contact-us/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back