Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectraBear

i think the first photo is the top of the stands on the inside being replaced and strengthened to avoid what happened a couple of seasons ago when a section of the govan front had to be removed at half time due to safety issues.

Also note the blue pitch bordering has been removed, I didn’t get a photo but it had been lifted right up into the tunnel and beyond.

i dont like heights by any means but fook being at the top of the scaffold btw!!

TamSmartRFC

Just to put this out there - I remember I done some maintenance and labouring work for an agency based inside the stadium during the commonwealth games (2014) for the rugby 7s. We were to move the big heated ovens that hold the pies and burgers etc out of the kiosks and down stairs in to storage so they could set up temporary bars for rugby fans (was some graft btw) anyway during this we had a a small pass over our necks but me and my mate took the chance and we literally were inside every single room apart from the manager and trophy room which were locked. The place was a complete riot, managed to get inside the first team changing room, the tunnel area, the blue room, marble staircase etc. I was obviously delighted to be getting free viewing of this but it also hit home at how derelict the place had become under the spivs. Looking at how it is now, a Josh Windass poster doesn’t make me feel upset in the slightest.

KuwaitBear

upload photo to tinypic.com or similar, it will then give you a line of code to copy and paste onto your post here.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Long overdue and once again great to see the board recognising these things need upgraded under notice from Gerrard. We need to bring Ibrox into the 21st century and create better facilities for our players. Some may not like it but it’s needed if we’re going to go anywhere as a club.

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
Ffs on my laptop I have a black square with a white x in it.
On my iPhone I just have a wee white square.
How the %^*& do I see these photos?

It Is Old But Beautiful

Done up to what though ? When I did the tour previously I don’t recall seeing any other rooms at dressing room level really just panels corridors with pictures etc
There’s a few rooms that aren’t shown in the tour because they’re in some nick. They’re improving the Manager’s office and the rooms shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.