Commercial update from Rangers - Huge News!

It is unfortunate that Australia's colours are green and gold as I have had the same problems with my own Brother in Law. I also refused to buy a rugby shirt while I was there

Country founded by convicts.

Geez, you must be Sick seeing Steven Davis, Jordan Jones and Kyle Lafferty running around in green and white

While it's gratifying to know that come July we will no longer have direct commercial links to Ashley or SD, I would be surprised (in the absence of any statement to the contrary) ìf the court disputes with SD have gone away or been withdrawn. These could still be very costly for the club. Until that burden has been lifted I will keep my celebration on hold.

Still not being able to spend till August is frustrating, I was hoping we could get new strips out and circulating by June giving us plenty time to snap up strips ect and getting money to club ASAP but it is what it is, we have been patient upto now so what's another few month.

I will be much happier when I read confirmation the Court cases are settled and ended.

Nevertheless, the war with the Fat C*nt is 'won' if we have broken free from his shackles and that is fantastic.

Fantastic tweet
I’ve managed to restrain myself from buying any merchandise for years now.

Got 2 memberships yesterday and as soon as the new stuff is released will be putting more £‘S directly into the club!

My wife is questioning my theory that, for the first time in years, I can go crazy and spend a fortune on Rangers gear for my 2 boys.

She reckons I have said this twice before.

She is correct but I hope this is the last time I have to celebrate this.

Hopefully the merchandise estimates in the Four Lads blog are conservative I reckon we could get more than £5 million a season with the demand

Have you read the 4lads blog yet VB?

Ach Shug, I made an arse of it when I read it and didn't scroll down below the image - so I missed the Q&A bit at the bottom.:oops:

All sounds positive. I can 'get' the bit about SDI failing to match the new deal. The litigation, I think, is still a bit of wait and see to find out the detail I fear.

As I've said several times on a variety of threads though, escaping the Fat C*nt's clutches is winning the 'war'. If it comes at a price it is, nevertheless, likely to be worth it in the longer term.

The two tops being banded about twitter, especially the white away top, are outstanding looking.
Unpopular opinion, but I don't want another orange top or a sash top for a while.
those two tops with a remake of the 1981 red away top with white collar would be lovely.
the announcement yesterday is up there with King at al taking over. Massive news moving forward for the club!

Ach Shug, I made an arse of it when I read it and didn't scroll down below the image - so I missed the Q&A bit at the bottom.:oops:

All sounds positive. I can 'get' the bit about SDI failing to match the new deal. The litigation, I think, is still a bit of wait and see to find out the detail I fear.

As I've said several times on a variety of threads though, escaping the Fat C*nt's clutches is winning the 'war'. If it comes at a price it is, nevertheless, likely to be worth it in the longer term.
Like you VB, I get totally that we have a fresh start as regards a new deal and no SDI involvement in that. A massive step forward. The litigation - I.e. whether or not that has all been resolved or is ongoing - remains something I am unclear about. The 4Lads piece mentioned that it had been said on Heart and Hand that all litigation has been resolved. I confess that when I listened to H&H yesterday I didn’t hear them say that. Maybe they did and I just I missed it. Or, if they did, maybe H&H were swept along by the reference to a clean slate. That said, to me the litigation is by far the secondary issue as compared to having a new retail and kit deal with a partner we trust and want to be in business with. That is huge. If the historic litigation is still rumbling around then all (and I don’t mean to be glib about that) we are litigating about is who owes who what by way of contractual payments and damages. If the outcome of that is that we owe SDI and / or Elite £x then so be it. It will stick in the craw for sure but at least it will all be about legacy issues and not about the future. But if the litigation has indeed already been resolved then that would be superb.

Like you VB, I get totally that we have a fresh start as regards a new deal and no SDI involvement in that. A massive step forward. The litigation - I.e. whether or not that has all been resolved or is ongoing - remains something I am unclear about. The 4Lads piece mentioned that it had been said on Heart and Hand that all litigation has been resolved. I confess that when I listened to H&H yesterday I didn’t hear them say that. Maybe they did and I just I missed it. Or, if they did, maybe H&H were swept along by the reference to a clean slate. That said, to me the litigation is by far the secondary issue as compared to having a new retail and kit deal with a partner we trust and want to be in business with. That is huge. If the historic litigation is still rumbling around then all (and I don’t mean to be glib about that) we are litigating about is who owes who what by way of contractual payments and damages. If the outcome of that is that we owe SDI and / or Elite £x then so be it. It will stick in the craw for sure but at least it will all be about legacy issues and not about the future. But if the litigation has indeed already been resolved then that would be superb.

Agree 100% @ald. We all know the Fat C*nt is a difficult opponent. There will be a price to pay somewhere but I'm sure it will prove to be a price worth paying to get out of his clutches. Litigation with Hummel/Elite appears inevitable as well.

Nevertheless, overall this has to be considered good news.

Reactions: ald

It it sounds as if we have a forward thinking and innovative mind in James Bisgrove.
What we have needed for too long.

I don't doubt the blogs.

I understand everything regarding costs has been met, matched agreed and is no more.

SDI were held to the £1m damages limit and as they owed us money , and had shown no desire to actually manufacture, retail or distribute anything for RFC the judgement has been to rescind all contractual obligations between the two.

That is my reading of what I've seen over the past couple of days

I don't doubt the blogs.

I understand everything regarding costs has been met, matched agreed and is no more.

SDI were held to the £1m damages limit and as they owed us money , and had shown no desire to actually manufacture, retail or distribute anything for RFC the judgement has been to rescind all contractual obligations between the two.

That is my reading of what I've seen over the past couple of days

If that's how it all is @Southside_shug then its a fantastic outcome for us. Absolutely brilliant.

Good news.

I still won't be buying from the Fat man though.
You might not have to worry about that. Shares in Fraser Group are tanking and the fat man might not have a business left by the time this is over. I guessing this is why he’s out of Newcastle and us to salvage his core business jumble sale direct.

Knowing this now I feel we've missed a trick by not offering a discount in the Megastore within the membership package.

Would've certainly had me reconsidering.

The thing I’d like to know, it was said gravy veins had an option to match any deals in perpetuity, I wonder if that’s still the case?

The thing I’d like to know, it was said gravy veins had an option to match any deals in perpetuity, I wonder if that’s still the case?

That only applied if he continued to match. The first time he chooses not to match at renewal time then that lapses. This appears to be what has happened this time around.

Back