Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

I think it seems quite clear that a fair number of fans were genuinely expecting this.

Absolute nutjobs.

To be fair I think there is just a fear that somehow we are going to screw this up.

For weeks now we've just felt indestructible. Motherwell at home will be tough. Win. Hibs at home then? Win. St Mirren already beat us in the cup. Who cares, win. Celtic at home will be a big one. Win. OK, Aberdeen away that's a game we'll drop poi- WIN!

Every test passed. Every challenge overcome.

Yesterday was a wake up call. We are not going to win 20 odd games in a row and have the league done before the split. We are going to drop points and the pressure will come back on to us.

Of course this is all based on the ridiculous idea that the tims are going to win their full 17 games remaining. While under the pressure of every game being a must win. While going to Livingston and Kilmarnock and Hibs and Aberdeen again. While basically needing to beat us twice.

We're close now but honestly I expect a bit of a wobble before we go on to wrap it up.

The only thing that could make a big difference there is if the tims continue to drop points themselves.

It's going to be nervy few weeks as we approach the split and the final few games of the season.
Folks expecting us to win every game are going to have a hard time dealing with it.
Even folks who think it's already over are probably going to have a few sleepless nights.

Its been clear for a few weeks that the attack line is not clicking. Perhaps a sign how much we miss Roofe. That said, SG has the tools to work with, yet, IMHO, refrains to chop Aribo and/or Kent when it is not clicking.

Before January our lead was 16 points. Its now 21 points.

Yes, performances could have been better but I think we are doing just fine

Yesterday wasn't complacency. There's been many games this season, even before December, where we have started slowly and seemingly struggled to get going. That's what happened yesterday. Didn't matter so much earlier in the season because we barely conceded a goal. Its a problem when the opposition take the lead though - as we've found in both recent games against Motherwell. Its not a 'new' problem though, so its not complacency.

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.
Ist half I partly agree with 2nd half totally dominated. I'm as nervous as the next guy but as long as this kind of result doesn't go into 2 or 3 games I'm happy with how things are going. Said it many many times before and I will say it again this place is mental if Rangers don't win

In the first half yesterday and for the last half hour against Aberdeen our midfielders were WALKING around and playing 5 yard square passes. Fucking walking

I don't think I noticed real complacency, more so the fact that we still have a lot of trouble breaking down teams that sit deep. We've had the luck at times this season to find a goal in these games when it was needed, today it didn't work.

This. I think a combination of factors worked against us yesterday.

Didn't turn up until the second half
The pitch didn't allow us to move the ball quickly enough, so Motherwell were able to get in their defensive shape easily
Delivery from wide areas wasn't good enough
Motherwell centre half (Mugabi) was outstanding and got in a number of very important blocks / clearances
Missing Jack, Arfield and Roofe
Kent and Hagi not creating enough
Aribo looks lost further back in midfield

I don't think it is anything to get really worried about and a couple of new faces this window to freshen things up wouldn't be a bad thing.

Won't be long until we are back to 2 matches a week and the performances will need to be good for the full 90.

The substitutions, in terms of timing, were mystifying.

When Ced comes on around 52 mins it suggests a level of proactivity rather than waiting on the clichéd 60 or 70 mins. Excellent.

So why the hell are our next subs made on 83 and 88 minutes. Absolutely baffling.

The 80 odd min subs to me look like we were happy with the point ?

Sub on 88 is mind blowing

There is no need to be melodramatic. It was a frustrating result. Nothing more, nothing less.
I would agree if it was a one off. There is a worrying pattern that started prior to new year. We have continued that. Was thinking yesterday that Tav was on fire until he was asked about how many goals he would score. Since then he seems to have slipped. No one can deny Kent is not performing and Hagi sends out of place at times. Squad us not as strong as we think. Jack is a massive miss as is Arfield. Anyway let's hope we pick up the pace

Need a bit of perspective,our first 14 league games we took 38 pts from 42 and everything was hunky dory,our last 14 league games we`ve taken 40 pts from 42 an improvement of 2 pts yet another meltdown,please leave the meltdowns to that other lot

15 straight wins we were bound to drop points at somepoint. Yesterday was a minor blip with no harm done

I will admit I am worrying but the league table shows facts
I worry before every game & during every game
All i can think of is 55
It is because of this and what this would mean to us all to win 55 that i think alot of fans reactions are based on the pressure we as fans are feeling
The team has showed great character to date & nowball that matters is Saturday
WATP

People love to make conclusions based on one match. If Celtic were closer to use and the match went the same ppl would say we bottled it. Sometimes u just drop points

How many games did we win in a row? What's the record for eventual champions in any top/nearly top league over the last, say, 10 years?

The substitutions, in terms of timing, were mystifying.

When Ced comes on around 52 mins it suggests a level of proactivity rather than waiting on the clichéd 60 or 70 mins. Excellent.

So why the hell are our next subs made on 83 and 88 minutes. Absolutely baffling.
Would agree on the Barker late sub but he'd brought Itten on and 15 minutes or so later it brought us the equaliser. Arguably, therefore, it was working. Presumably the feeling was to give it that bit longer - it was only 11 minutes after the equaliser that Defoe came on - to see if it brought more success.

I don't think I noticed real complacency, more so the fact that we still have a lot of trouble breaking down teams that sit deep. We've had the luck at times this season to find a goal in these games when it was needed, today it didn't work.

There was no complacency.

We didnt play well in the first half. Giving a team like Motherwell something to hold onto, you're always going to make life difficult for yourself.

People always have to look too much into things. The first dropped points in 16 games. They have to find a reason other than we just didnt play well. Ah, it must be complacency.

Presumably its complacency because we're so far ahead? Ie would we definitely have won that game if Celtic had beat Hibs and Livingston?

Load of shite. Its a shoddy first half performance and a drawn game. Nothing more. Take it on the chin and move on.

There was no complacency.

We didnt play well in the first half. Giving a team like Motherwell something to hold onto, you're always going to make life difficult for yourself.

People always have to look too much into things. The first dropped points in 16 games. They have to find a reason other than we just didnt play well. Ah, it must be complacency.

Presumably its complacency because we're so far ahead? Ie would we definitely have won that game if Celtic had beat Hibs and Livingston?

Load of shite. Its a shoddy first half performance and a drawn game. Nothing more. Take it on the chin and move on.
I read an in-depth book on Pep's all-conquering Barcelona side. It said one of their key attributes wasn't just world class players and a world class coach doing on-field stuff, it was an unwavering ability to just put bad results and/or performances behind them and just move on to the next game with a clean slate. No analysis, no worrying about "what went wrong and how do we fix it", just forget about it, no sulking, no moaning, no reflection, just look forward to the next game.

The problem we have IMO is that it's taking us twenty minutes or so to start playing. It's been going on for several games, and today it cost us a goal. That leaves 70 minutes to battle back. Not a great way to start games.

The problem we have IMO is that it's taking us twenty minutes or so to start playing. It's been going on for several games, and today it cost us a goal. That leaves 70 minutes to battle back. Not a great way to start games.
If they blow it this season it will be the end for the manager and a re set for next season

I wouldn’t be surprised if the first half instructions where keep it tight don’t force anything and let’s figure out how they’ll play against us with the new manager. Let them expend a lot of energy pressing, and in the second we’ll go for the jugular

Subs were mistimed and a few players weren't at it and It didn’t quite work out

Gerald said it was on him

Soon enough we’ll have Jack Roofe and Arfield back for the upcoming run of games.....which is encouraging

Aribo is a class player but is lacking in heart and endeavor

Kent is full of heart and effort but has that inconsistent winger syndrome

A swift response to an resurgent Ross Co. and all will be rosey again

That’s the poorest I’ve seen all season and that’s now twice we have played bottom of the league dross and not turned up and lost points.

Our defending has been brilliant but today was complacency in chunks.

If we continue to play like that the points difference will dwindle quick.

weve dropped 8 points all season, what makes you think we'll drop loads from now till the end of the season?

It was a bad performance

the level weve been playing at all season, I'm surprised there hasnt been a few more blips.

It stems from the manager and his team selection.

The fact his best players are not selected sends that vibe through the squad that 'its only Hamilton'

I have no words for Tav today the fact he's captain on days like today does my head in.

Pretending to be Jordi Alba at 92 mins at 1-0

weve dropped 8 points all season, what makes you think we'll drop loads from now till the end of the season?

It was a bad performance

the level weve been playing at all season, I'm surprised there hasnt been a few more blips.

Last February is etched in my mind we started to play like this and drop a lot of points quickly and until this season is in the bag it will be in the back of many minds that is why some fans don’t think the league is done. Tav miles off has been for a while our forwards aren’t scoring enough imo just now and that’s not a good thing to happen. We were absolutely awful today and had to defend for 20 seconds and we left ourselves wide open my mind is blown by that and I’m raging.

Theres no evidence were going to drop a load of points. It isnt complacency, we just didnt play well.

It hasnt happened very often this season.

Against Motherwell bottom of the league we turn in a poor performance and poor result. Today play dross and play the worst we have all season and drop points I’d say that’s complacency or we better hope it is!

It stems from the manager and his team selection.

The fact his best players are not selected sends that vibe through the squad that 'its only Hamilton'

I have no words for Tav today the fact he's captain on days like today does my head in.

Pretending to be Jordi Alba at 92 mins at 1-0
We should be able to make a couple of changes against the team bottom of the league and not have it be an issue.

Players need rested through the season, managers make tactical changes. The pitch mightve played a part in players being rested as well.

Whilst I agree we shouldn’t be panicking I really hope this curtails all the premature celebratory posts/chat we’ve been seeing/hearing lately

Last February is etched in my mind we started to play like this and drop a lot of points quickly and until this season is in the bag it will be in the back of many minds that is why some fans don’t think the league is done. Tav miles off has been for a while our forwards aren’t scoring enough imo just now and that’s not a good thing to happen. We were absolutely awful today and had to defend for 20 seconds and we left ourselves wide open my mind is blown by that and I’m raging.

I understand mate, but every team that performs at the levels we are cant do so for a full season.

thats the worst Ive seen us all season, but the difference is this season we always seem to bounce back after a result like this and win the next few

and as posted on another thread, 5 wins and its coming home

Against Motherwell bottom of the league we turn in a poor performance and poor result. Today play dross and play the worst we have all season and drop points I’d say that’s complacency or we better hope it is!
It’s not complacency though. That’s just something it’s easy for fans looking in to say. I seriously doubt it exists inside a professional dressing room

Complacency can't hurt us this season. The league is done.

However my worry is next season. We have a chance to bury Celtic once and for all if we get in to the CL and win back-to-back league titles. Next season is possibly the most important season in our history given the implications for the long term dominance of the Scottish game.

We better be ready for it. No excuses whatsoever.

Its a bad game. They happen. Theyve no doubt happened every season weve won the league. Youre just getting the jitters because of the last couple of seasons.

The players need to be better next weekend. Thats it.

Complacency can't hurt us this season. The league is done.

However my worry is next season. We have a chance to bury Celtic once and for all if we get in to the CL and win back-to-back league titles. Next season is possibly the most important season in our history given the implications for the long term dominance of the Scottish game.

We better be ready for it. No excuses whatsoever.
Utter bollocks

Back