Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

It stems from the manager and his team selection.

The fact his best players are not selected sends that vibe through the squad that 'its only Hamilton'

I have no words for Tav today the fact he's captain on days like today does my head in.

Pretending to be Jordi Alba at 92 mins at 1-0

We seemed to deal with changes to the side every week during the Europa league groups.

we have a squad, we need to use it.

putting Itten and Zungu (two Internationals) in, doesnt give the vibe "its only Hamilton"

The best 11 available should start every game. The difference once Jack and Davis were on was incredible.

2 points thrown away through bad team selection and bad attitude.

Overall performance aside, to drop 2 points from the last kick of the game looks like carelessness.
No wonder McGregor was raging and rightly so.

That is nonsense.

Woeful? Come on man.

We dominated the game and just couldnt hit the net with a congested box. This happens to world class teams not just us.

Talk about the mentally challengeds being deluded and overreactive.
Retraction and apologies

I know we should expect that any team that we put on the park should be able to beat Hamilton .By changing our midfield it showed a bit of disrespect to Hamilton these teams at the bottom are fighting for they're lives and in any league around the world this is what happens when you take your eye off the ball

I know we should expect that any team that we put on the park should be able to beat Hamilton .By changing our midfield it showed a bit of disrespect to Hamilton these teams at the bottom are fighting for they're lives and in any league around the world this is what happens when you take your eye off the ball
Exactly. We don’t have a divine right to just beat any team. They’re not all just going to go “we can’t compete against Rangers, we’ll just accept defeat and roll over”

That’s exactly what it is until this team go and get the job done last February will be held against them.
A lot of fans will be the same. Its understandable but you just need to take a breath and look at the position were in and the run of games theyve just came through.

Against Motherwell bottom of the league we turn in a poor performance and poor result. Today play dross and play the worst we have all season and drop points I’d say that’s complacency or we better hope it is!
I don’t think it’s complacency as much as an indication that we don’t have the strength in depth some might believe.

Once Jack and Davis were on we were finally controlling possession and looking more dangerous. It’s a worry therefore that the manager isn’t fully confident both can play every game.

Additionally I think there are signs that Tav is getting leggy, possibly Borna too to some extent and this means we’re not pushing up as well as we were earlier in the season.

I think fatigue is a greater danger than complacency to be honest.

Exactly. We don’t have a divine right to just beat any team. They’re not all just going to go “we can’t compete against Rangers, we’ll just accept defeat and roll over”
In advocaats first season we drew 1-1 away to Dundee coming out of the ground a bear said to me “we have just blown the league” two weeks later we won it!!!

8 points dropped, 8 goals conceded

21 points clear

Remember February was supposed to be a breeze after our tough January!!! A team that has still won nothing in the game can’t afford to pass up chances to keep the door shut. We have been inviting that last minute disaster onto us since the Hibs game at Ibrox. Our efforts against the bottom end of the table have been poor. If that isn’t complacency, then we have a bigger problem than I imagine.

The best 11 available should start every game. The difference once Jack and Davis were on was incredible.

2 points thrown away through bad team selection and bad attitude.
I agree with you but we still lost a goal to slack closing down of their player further up the pitch by a player that can't defend and who should have been subbed, captain or not.

If they blow it this season it will be the end for the manager and a re set for next season
We will not blow it this season the league is finished 8 pts from the final 10 games will be more than suffice but we have a chance to have the highest pts total of any Rangers team in the last 20 years and that will be determined by our management team picking our strongest starting 11 for the rest of the league season 2 pts dropped today was down to nothing more than playing a weakened starting 11

This is one of these threads full of overeactive mugs. The people who boo 5 mins into a game with a misplaced pass.

People quoting posts from January when this thread was made like it was some sort of "Told you so".

Always avoid the forum for a cpl of days after these type of games. Not worth listening to some of the drivel that gets spouted. Same reason i normally avoid the match threads.

Reactions: M@x
I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
Fully agree.

I agree with you but we still lost a goal to slack closing down of their player further up the pitch by a player that can't defend and who should have been subbed, captain or not.

That I agree with, and Tav has gone right off the boil, but if we'd played a full strength team then we'd likely have been 2 or 3 up and not only would it not have mattered, Hamilton would not have had the motivation.

Back