Compliance Officer

While Levein is an occasionally entertaining twat, he's played a blinder by calling out the absence of charges against Lennon so clearly. His rant is totally deserving of punishment - but he can only be punished if they are somehow able to rationalize the absence of punishment for TLB. I'm watching with interest.

Morelos commits Clare’s foul tomorrow night, he sees a red card and gets a 3 game ban.

That’s a fact, the game is corrupt as %^*&. If the ref misses it, the compliant tim doesn’t.

He wasn't booked therefore he can be done retrospectively. The referee failed to punish him accordingly. I don't know if you're at the wind up or just a strange fellow.

There's absolutely nothing strange about what I'm saying at all mate.

The referee saw the incident and awarded a free kick. Therefore he can't be done.

Nothing at all strange about not wanting tackles to start getting pulled up retrosoectively because I just know we will lose out it in the long runonce that precedent is set and receive no advantage to their player being suspended now.

There's absolutely nothing strange about what I'm saying at all mate.

The referee saw the incident and awarded a free kick. Therefore he can't be done.

Nothing at all strange about not wanting tackles to start getting pulled up retrosoectively because I just know we will lose out it in the long runonce that precedent is set and receive no advantage to their player being suspended now.
We'll have to agree to disagree, and the powers that be will always find an angle re us.

If Clare is cited, and I think he should be as it was a horrendous challenge, it won't result in more of our players being cited. We get away with fck all at the moment. It could be argued that Arfield's challenge was a yellow, the "on watch" Referee thought so. Arfield actually pulls out of the challenge when he realises the keeper has the ball and he is going to collide with him.
How many red cards have we had rescinded? Quite a few. Clare's challenge was cowardly, a potential leg breaker and was totally devoid of any respect for a fellow professional's career. I hope he gets cited and gets a ban.
Arfield's challenge is described as "horrific" and "horrendous" yet Clare's is hardly given a replay or further discussed. The hypocrisy is fcking staggering.
Substitute Alfie making Clare's challenge. The outrage and clamour for punishment would be unprecedented.

We'll have to agree to disagree, and the powers that be will always find an angle re us.

Possibly.

I personally believe the less intervention after the game the better for Rangers as we have been victim to the giant magnifying glass on Setanta/Sky/Sportscene/BT and tried by TV far more times than anyone else.

I certainly wouldn't be inviting more precedents to be set for tackles which you do see a lot of in a lot of games even though it should have have been a red card on the day.

We should highlight it when replying to Levein and others but it shouldn't be punished by compliance officer. Can if worms.

The fact the ref awarded a free kick means he won't be cited in any case.

Said in another thread any decent/non biased journalist would have asked avril about the challenge when he was raving about the 12th man. How much more stupid would he look if he’s ranting about getting no decision going for them and highlighting Alfie’s behaviour for a journalist to say ok can you explain why Clare wasn’t sent off.

To the people saying “ ach these things happen in football “ and “ don’t want to go down that road “ , I’ll leave you with one question .

If it’s Alfredo Morelos who commits the exact same foul as Sean Clare did on Sunday , do you think for a single minute that the clamour from BT Sport, Sportscene and all the other haters out there wouldn’t have already ensured that he’d have been cited already and hit with a retrospective red card ?

Turning the other cheek has failed us for so long .

I want Clare cited and banned because A/ it was a dangerous challenge which is a clear red card . And B/ because if it was a Rangers player he would be cited .

Simple.
You're not wrong, but that was down to bad refereeing, there's nothing can now be done as the incompetent ref saw it and decided it was simply a free kick.

Levein has played a blinder. In his press conference he said "I'm so glad that Neil hasnt been charged for his comments on the referee so I trust the matter is closed."

Our club should just highlight the hypocrisy that levein has with these 5 charges

From the SFA website.

Basically the CO can only get involved if the incident is not included in the match report, and none of the officials saw the alleged incident. My understanding at least.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/judicial-panel-protocol/

The rules:

200 Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Proceedings raised by the Compliance Officer

13.2 The Compliance Officer may competently raise Notices of Complaint under this section (“Fast Track Notices of Complaint“). The Alleged Party in Breach in a Fast Track Notice of Complaint shall only ever be a player.

13.2.1 Fast Track Notices of Complaint are competent where the Compliance Officer:
13.2.1.1 alleges that the Alleged Party in Breach has breached Disciplinary Rule 200; or
13.2.1.2 alleges that the Alleged Party in Breach has breached Disciplinary Rule 201; or
13.2.1.3 alleges that the Alleged Party in Breach committed a sending off offence and a mistake was made by a match official(s) as to the identity of the perpetrator of the sending off offence so that the sanction of a sending off was incorrectly administered to another player.

13.2.2 A Fast Track Notice of Complaint is only competent where it is supported by video images evidencing the breach of Disciplinary Rule 200 or 201 or the incidence of mistaken identity.

13.3 Fast Track Notices of Complaint may be raised alleging a breach of Disciplinary Rule 200 where an Alleged Party in Breach has committed any one of the sending off offences of serious foul play, violent conduct, or spitting and the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence was “not seen” by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed.

13.3.1 For the purposes of Disciplinary Rule 200 the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence is deemed to be “not seen”, subject to the terms of 13.3.3 below, where no part of the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence was seen by any of the match officials at the time that it occurred.

13.3.2 However where the Compliance Officer obtains written evidence from each of the match officials that no part of the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence was seen at the time that it occurred, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that the act that is alleged to constitute the sending off offence was “not seen”.

13.3.3 Notwithstanding 13.3.1 a Fast Track Notice of Complaint may be raised by the Compliance Officer in respect of serious foul play and violent conduct where some part of the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence was seen by one or more of the match officials, provided that:
13.3.3.1 the serious foul play and/or violent conduct was exceptional in nature; and
13.3.3.2 that the part of the act by the Alleged Party in Breach that renders it as exceptional was not seen by any of the match officials.

13.3.4 An act of serious foul play will be rendered as exceptional, for the purposes of 13.3.3.1, where there is evidence that one or more of the following were features of the act:
13.3.4.1 the level of excessive force used was very high; and/or
13.3.4.2 there was malice used in making the challenge and/or that here was an intent to injure;
and/or
13.3.4.3 the level of endangerment of safety was very high; and/or
13.3.4.4 significant injury occurred as a consequence of the challenge.

13.3.5 An act of violent conduct will be rendered as exceptional, for the purposes of 13.3.3.1, where there is evidence that one or more of the following were features of the act:
13.3.5.1 the level of excessive force used was very high; and/or
13.3.5.2 brutality was used; and/or
13.3.5.3 significant injury occurred as a consequence of the act.

I don't because he shouldn't be. It was a bad tackle. Happens in every game and sometimes it's our players who do it. I can't remember very many of our players being cited for a bad tackle.

If this is now cause to be cited, we would be cited most.

Our players wouldnt need to be cited as our compliant refs cant get the red card out quick enough. Ask yourself this would a Rangers player have escaped A red card far less a yellow for Clare's tackle?

Bearing in mind one tackle was careless and the other was downright thuggery that could have had caused serious injury. Compare Arfields challenge with Clares and ask yourselves which was more worthy of a straight red card. As usual the ref punishes us heavily again. Its about time the Scottish refs were cited for incompetence.

Never mind Clare, why was the Lego Eater not cited for his assault on Ferguson at the weekend?
The Lego Eater? Cited? what the f uck am I saying?

Levein has made it impossible for her to charge him because Lennon wasn't charged either. In turn, it gives us a great defence when we are up for our five (yes, five!) charges.

All it takes is someone to report it . Even a member of the public .

That's bollocks btw...I know that's supposed to be the rule.

But I remember in a previous Old Firm game Brown elbowed one of our players and several people on here wrote to the SFA/Compliance Officer about it and nothing was done.

Morelos commits Clare’s foul tomorrow night, he sees a red card and gets a 3 game ban.

That’s a fact, the game is corrupt as %^*&. If the ref misses it, the compliant tim doesn’t.

That is down to the weak referees and the perception being driven by the media and pricks like Levein that Morelos is a nasty little thug who deserves everything he gets.

How many Rangers players have actually been cited by this latest compliance officer ?
Was it the compliance officer who rescinded the Morelos red card against Aberdeen ? Or is appeals process different ?

Her name is probably pronounced 'Klerrr'.

LNO1IP.gif

Bearing in mind one tackle was careless and the other was downright thuggery that could have had caused serious injury. Compare Arfields challenge with Clares and ask yourselves which was more worthy of a straight red card. As usual the ref punishes us heavily again. Its about time the Scottish refs were cited for incompetence.
Spot on .... we would never have gotten away with that tackle on Sunday , imagine that was Morelos on Berra , they would be wanting him sine died for it. The referee incompetence is beyond parody .

Was Ryan Jack's " nasty and poor" (McInnes) challenge on May worse than Clare's? Compliance officer failed to rescind this even though Ryan clearly won the ball and accidentally caught May. May then took revenge and sent Ryan to casualty next match. No action. For those of the opinion that it was just a tackle so we shouldn't expect any action against Clare. What is your opinion on Kipre's shocking tackle on Jack that kept him out for months? Perhaps if challenges like that were punished it would be a warning for the hammer throwers to stop deliberately injuring Rangers players? Unlikely I know, but worth a try. Tonight the mint sauce brigade will get away with bad fouls against our players. I don't expect any bookings for them until a Rangers player is carded for their first innocuous challenge. Fredo will once again be booked (at best) for being Fredo.

That is down to the weak referees and the perception being driven by the media and pricks like Levein that Morelos is a nasty little thug who deserves everything he gets.

How many Rangers players have actually been cited by this latest compliance officer ?
Was it the compliance officer who rescinded the Morelos red card against Aberdeen ? Or is appeals process different ?

No, the CO was not involved as the case was raised by the Club/Player. Went straight to the Judicial Panel.

Back