Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
You are actually completely wrong. The SPFL released the statement 1st saying around 5%. Our board who run Rangers have issued their own statement where they say they note the SPFL statement but the club then say its been agreed that both clubs have to give 5% of each stadia. That is the club saying OK we see what your are saying SPFL but no the agreement is actually 5% of each stadia. Whybcant your head take that in. Why are you continually accepting what the SPFL have said and not acknowledging what our actual club have said afterwards. Its actually strange how you cannot read the statement and take the information from it.

Well, let's see how it plays out.

If you think they'll be allowing 3k of us in to the cesspit and them getting less at Ibrox, then there's another 6 months of machinations to come.

Believe it
Ridicule it.

It's up to you.

It's not even logistically possible to put us in a similar position at their place. For a start the police would never allow it as access and segregation means having away fans in the corner makes sense.

Just like how it makes sense to have the same set up with fans being housed in the corner to BF4 and BR 4 at Ibrox. Allows aways fans to have their own walk upto the stadium making it easier to police.

Explain how Rangers fans being caged in at the scum hut and the filth being allowed to come and go as they please at Ibrox is fair?

I'm going with Mark, Luke or John.

Ah yeah haha

What's happening to you folks is the real complaint here mate and I sincerely hope a resolution can be found. I said on another thread I do think there is some mileage in the 'seat swap' idea to accommodate people with younger kids. I think you'd be surprised how many will be willing to help with that.

I honestly don't know where people find the strength to argue about what Celtic will or won't do in relation to this 5% ruling or the wording of it and/or this lunacy about 'being visible on the telly'.

There is no doubt that more Celtic fans will have a 'better' seat than some of our fans at their midden. It comes with the territory of having a far superior stadium. Plenty of that lot will have a crap seat at Parkhead too, their stadium is a cowp. This isn't a new thing.

I don't know a single Bear that will give a shit about that though if they get a ticket. At the Old Piggery, the view was diabolical from just about anywhere. Just as it is at Pittodrie. Same with PSV. As long as we win, it matters not a jot.

Explain how Rangers fans being caged in at the scum hut and the filth being allowed to come and go as they please at Ibrox is fair?

I'm going with Mark, Luke or John.
We won't be though? With the new set up it will likely be how things were before where buses will park at the bottom of springfield road and we will walk up by the emirates.

The surrounding area will be segregated to ensure this is possible I'd imagine. No one is going to be "caged" in as you put it.

We won't be though? With the new set up it will likely be how things were before where buses will park at the bottom of springfield road and we will walk up by the emirates.

The surrounding area will be segregated to ensure this is possible I'd imagine. No one is going to be "caged" in as you put it.

Let's hope so. But we'll see.

Some thoughts on this:

Both clubs will get the same amount of tickets for the away allocation. The bheasts will get closer to 5% than Rangers will. Rangers will not get 3k tickets.

The first old firm game will not be switched to. Ibrox. Bear in mind there is construction work for disabled spaces and cantilever extensions taking place and the work could run beyond schedule. Rangers mentioned at the last mygers meeting at Edmiston house there is the possibility that Rangers may play league games at Hampden next season. This means there is already an agreement in place for this.

The bheasts have a plan and after one or 2 old firm games at Ibrox will make up scurrilous claims about safety and decline tickets for Ibrox unless they get the full Broomloan. Hopefully the Rangers board do not cave in to this.

It’s going to be a fantastic atmosphere with the fhilth in full Iraokie mode,The players will love it the millions of tv viewers will just soak it up,Then in contrast at the shitpit all they will get is the fhilth in full Iraokie mode with the Bears playing a minuscule bit part in the atmosphere.
Well the 47.5k Rangers fans at the Ibrox fixtures need to bring there best singing voices don't they? Simple.

Some thoughts on this:

Both clubs will get the same amount of tickets for the away allocation. The bheasts will get closer to 5% than Rangers will. Rangers will not get 3k tickets.

The first old firm game will not be switched to. Ibrox. Bear in mind there is construction work for disabled spaces and cantilever extensions taking place and the work could run beyond schedule. Rangers mentioned at the last mygers meeting at Edmiston house there is the possibility that Rangers may play league games at Hampden next season. This means there is already an agreement in place for this.

The bheasts have a plan and after one or 2 old firm games at Ibrox will make up scurrilous claims about safety and decline tickets for Ibrox unless they get the full Broomloan. Hopefully the Rangers board do not cave in to this.

Well, if your first paragragh comes to fruition, then our board have already caved in.

I'm fed up boring myself, nevermind anyone else. The filth support won't allow their board to give us more tickets for the cesspit, than they get for Ibrox.

Were I am confused with is the safety issue. Now I've read this p1sh from the bampots before, but surely if you have safety issues, unhinged and contrived as they are, you wouldn't want more of your fans in this supposedly unsafe place, you'd refuse tickets altogether?

Well, if your first paragragh comes to fruition, then our board have already caved in.

I'm fed up boring myself, nevermind anyone else. The filth support won't allow their board to give us more tickets for the cesspit, than they get for Ibrox.

Were I am confused with is the safety issue. Now I've read this p1sh from the bampots before, but surely if you have safety issues, unhinged and contrived as they are, you wouldn't want more of your fans in this supposedly unsafe place, you'd refuse tickets altogether?
Boring being the operative word…..

Has there been any more information on ST holders not getting tickets for the home games?
That is one of a couple of bad things I can see from this announcement but it's a pretty big one.

The other concern is that the Bears will be shunted away in that corner of Parkhead.

All we heard for months is that it 'ruins the spectacle' on TV yet Rangers fans will be tucked away in a part where they can't be seen. So what is the point in this other than to appease Celtic Fans, their club and the lickspittles in the media?

Suppose we will wait and see how it unfolds next season but as of right now it seems like it favours Celtic fans demands at the cost of our season ticket holders.

Positives are we get more tickets for Parkhead but again it's literally the same section we get when we have 800 ie the dark corner out the road of the 'spectacle' they were crying about.

I agree, but do you see many giving up a seasy ticket for 24/25 if they don't get the transfer to another part of the stadium.

I cant tbh. As much as many wont be happy, I can seem them taking the reduced price option and biding their time to get a transfer.

I feel for all the fans being affected.
You know it will be the kids getting the worst deal. I imagine most adults will get a transfer but the club won’t be selling concession price tickets as it’s all about the bottom line for them.

I'm sure their Euro Allocation has previously included a section of the main stand as you mention in order to comply with the 5%. But not sure.
I think you may be right. This photo seems to show the full Euro allocation area although a lot of the seats weren't used. You can see the seats at the bottom corner of their Main Stand. Do people really think we will be offered that full allocation? Deluded.

I think you may be right. This photo seems to show the full Euro allocation area although a lot of the seats weren't used. You can see the seats at the bottom corner of their Main Stand. Do people really think we will be offered that full allocation? Deluded.

Why keep up with this deluded stuff. Why not wait and see exactly why we get at the pigsty before accusing people of delusion

Picture is terrible, that’s less than 2500 there I think so yes I think we will get more than that pic

The unused seats are part of the Euro allocation. You think we are getting part of the Main Stand?
Which set of fans is that picture of? Someone said in This thread 3 sections of that corner comes to 2700 odd so that is the minimum I imagine we will get, that team has got nowhere near that clearly if you go by other pictures of away teams in that corner in Europe. The picture is that bad I can’t even see the fans in the main stand :))

Old Firm allocation –

JB – ‘5% from next season, club position is should always be away fans. Zero couldn’t continue, dialogue with Police, Sky, League, we are satisfied with outcome, unfortunate consequence for the fans moving but key focus to ensure they have a number of options’

‘Will be a positive for the spectacle. But we will never go beyond 5%, if we hadn’t engaged another number higher could have been imposed on us which wouldn’t have been acceptable’

JB ‘Both clubs have to make stadium adjustments, Police have been part of this. We will change our turnstiles for example’

Above is copied from Fans Forum Report from 4lads. Didn't want to derail the other thread, so put it into here where it is on topic.

If what Bisgrove said in the fans forum as above is accurate, the SPFL and Celtic have basically agreed between themselves that 5% of Ibrox is the minimum that we should offer.

And what is to stop that lot demanding more, under threat of sanction by the SPFL or an arbitrary number being imposed on us by the SPFL on their behalf in coming years?

As a result of the club's weak position on this, as well as netting, internal segregation and any other spend we're going to have to put on it, we are also going to have to alter the turnstiles presumably to make enough points for supporters in the BR to enter (as I mentioned earlier in the thread would be a problem as we will only have 4 to the upper tier as things stand).

Shambolic decision all round, and worse following an admission we are being dictated to by that lot and the clowns in charge of the SPFL.

Above is copied from Fans Forum Report from 4lads. Didn't want to derail the other thread, so put it into here where it is on topic.

If what Bisgrove said in the fans forum as above is accurate, the SPFL and Celtic have basically agreed between themselves that 5% of Ibrox is the minimum that we should offer.

And what is to stop that lot demanding more, under threat of sanction by the SPFL or an arbitrary number being imposed on us by the SPFL on their behalf in coming years?

As a result of the club's weak position on this, as well as netting, internal segregation and any other spend we're going to have to put on it, we are also going to have to alter the turnstiles presumably to make enough points for supporters in the BR to enter (as I mentioned earlier in the thread would be a problem as we will only have 4 to the upper tier as things stand).

Shambolic decision all round, and worse following an admission we are being dictated to by that lot and the clowns in charge of the SPFL.

The turnstiles part is the one that jumped out at me must. How have we been managing this for bigger away supports in Europe all this time? Liverpool, Man Utd etc had a similar allocation. What's the difference?

i was there what admission was this ?

Was at tonights forum and didn't hear any admissions that we are being dictated to?

I still think Celtic will end up with full Broomloan again. Bisgrove can shout all he wants that we will never go beyond 5% but he backed down on the 800 tickets

Was at tonights forum and didn't hear any admissions that we are being dictated to?
i was there what admission was this ?
"if we hadn’t engaged another number higher could have been imposed on us"

That is us being dictated to, even if it was not made explicitly clear in those words.

It is true that according to the SPFL rules the SPFL board can decide on the allocation when clubs cannot agree. In other words, to impose it upon us.

However, we all know by now how the 'grey area' rules (see the Dundee pitch debacle, VAR inconsistencies, sponsorship legal case and the 'independent' governance review) are operated by the SPFL and it is not to suit Rangers.

One club could not agree on the existing 800. The SPFL have sided with them and increased their allocation. Ergo they (combined) have dictated to us what we have to offer. We had to agree to that or they could have imposed a higher number - that is what he said, right?

You're entitled to be happy with the SPFL board and others telling us what to do, and that we are not in control of the numbers of visiting supporters in our stadium. Others are entitled not to be.

"if we hadn’t engaged another number higher could have been imposed on us"

That is us being dictated to, even if it was not made explicitly clear in those words.

It is true that according to the SPFL rules the SPFL board can decide on the allocation when clubs cannot agree. In other words, to impose it upon us.

However, we all know by now how the 'grey area' rules (see the Dundee pitch debacle, VAR inconsistencies, sponsorship legal case and the 'independent' governance review) are operated by the SPFL and it is not to suit Rangers.

One club could not agree on the existing 800. The SPFL have sided with them and increased their allocation. Ergo they (combined) have dictated to us what we have to offer. We had to agree to that or they could have imposed a higher number - that is what he said, right?

You're entitled to be happy with the SPFL board and others telling us what to do, and that we are not in control of the numbers of visiting supporters in our stadium. Others are entitled not to be.
If we had been 'dictated to' we would be giving them the full stand as that's what they wanted.
Looks more like a compromise, and one that's way more favourable to us than what they were after.

If we had been 'dictated to' we would be giving them the full stand as that's what they wanted.
Looks more like a compromise, and one that's way more favourable to us than what they were after.
If we hadn't been dictated to it would still be 800.

It's a first step to getting the broomloan back.

Back