Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Yeah whatever. They won't be in the enclosure. There can never be fans allowed above or below each other. Anyway I'm out.

Well it happened at Ray Wilkins' debut v Hearts in 1987, but that's another story.

What I'm talking about is one strip down the stand and enclosure, all the one filth support. One stream above and below each other.

Well it happened at Ray Wilkins' debut v Hearts in 1987, but that's another story.

What I'm talking about is one strip down the stand and enclosure, all the one filth support. One stream above and below each other.
Won't happen and why should it. Why should our fans be moved again. They are in the corner and bit if broomloan. that's its

I’m sure I’m not advancing the debate any but I would always be astounded if Celtic offered Rangers more tickets than we offered them and the league statement(who made the announcement) does absolutely zero to change that belief.
Using the terms “around 5%” rather than “around x” is surely not just for no reason.

Why are we having this debate? The SPFL, never said in their statement on Friday there was a guaranteed 5% allocation each way.

If they did, show me it.

The stage is yours.
Why are you desperately trying to claim a win because the word ‘guarantee’ wasn’t used?

They said it would be subject to safety and security, which is the same for any away allocation being granted at any ground in the UK.

In the meantime, you’re quite content to be an ostrich and pretend that Rangers official club statement simply doesn’t exist.

The fact is that as things stand, both sides will get 5% of each others stadium. If for any reason Celtic negate that, then we’ll be able to return the favour in January.

You’ve been at pains to imply that there’s something sinister going on, that Rangers somehow are short changing our own support and that this SPFL statement with the wording of ‘around’ is somehow a subliminal message that Celtic will get more and we’ll get less tickets, when really it’s just there to indicate it might not be a precise 5% and there may be a slight over/under.

Either way, you’ve continually blanked Rangers statement. Have you read it? And do you think the club are lying to us?

The floor is yours…

Won't happen and why should it. Why should our fans be moved again. They are in the corner and bit if broomloan. that's its

I don't think you get it do you?

We put them in the West of the Main stand and west enclosure, they get zero coverage from Sky. It's not that hard to fathom out.

Treat the b@stards with the contempt they deserve, instead of the scumfest we are treated to at the sty from Sky.

Those are the very reasons why some of us believe the 5% figure Rangers have quoted will not be adhered to.
They are 2 seperate issues. The first is the what you’re referencing, and the other is that some believe that the word ‘about’ has been strategically placed into the SPFL statement which means we’ll get 6 tickets behind the dug out at Parkhead, while we’ll be forced to give up the Club Deck and full Copland Rd end when they come to Ibrox.

Both clubs have agreed to something, with the league and broadcast partners being involved. They’ve both got large away supports to appease and it’s been made public. IMO they’ll both stick to their side of the agreement and that’ll be that.

So you’re proposing to have Celtic fans on all 3 levels of the main stand, sharing concourses, stair cases, accessing Edmiston Drive with the home support and having better views? Most of our hospitality offerings are in the main stand.

You’re not thinking this through. The reason why the away fans have been housed in that corner for 20+ years and will continue to be is because it’s the easiest to police, safest, most practical solution.

Some people’s desperation not to see them on the tele would really let them rip up the full stadium plan just to have them in a nice neat row, despite the fact it’s completely illogical.

"Around 5%" does make it sound slightly ambiguous, let's say the old health and safety reasons are pulled out again. The "around" gives the wriggle room the filth need to pull a stroke on us again. Im always suspicious of those rhats and their cohorts in the SPFL. Our club will play with a straight bat on this as we always do, however they are bent and we all know it.

I don't think you get it do you?

We put them in the West of the Main stand and west enclosure, they get zero coverage from Sky. It's not that hard to fathom out.

Treat the b@stards with the contempt they deserve, instead of the scumfest we are treated to at the sty from Sky.
Who gives a monkeys if Sky shows them. I couldn't care less. I'd rather watch the team playing that getting my knickers in a twist about Sky.

"Around 5%" does make it sound slightly ambiguous, let's say the old health and safety reasons are pulled out again. The "around" gives the wriggle room the filth need to pull a stroke on us again. Im always suspicious of those rhats and their cohorts in the SPFL. Our club will play with a straight bat on this as we always do, however they are bent and we all know it.

Agree. I'm surprised how many are keen to believe Celtic and the SPFL - I guess the promise of a Parkhead ticket can turn the head.

On the other hand, we've already told our ST holders that their seats are gone.

Sections 118, 119 and 120 have a capacity of 2767, according to Glasgow City Council's own safety certificate document. If we are to get 5% (3000) tickets then we will need section 117 or parts of ES1 and FS7 in their Main Stand. I can't see that happening.
Anyway we're going round and round in circles. The proof will be in the pudding next season, one way or the other.

Why are you desperately trying to claim a win because the word ‘guarantee’ wasn’t used?

They said it would be subject to safety and security, which is the same for any away allocation being granted at any ground in the UK.

In the meantime, you’re quite content to be an ostrich and pretend that Rangers official club statement simply doesn’t exist.

The fact is that as things stand, both sides will get 5% of each others stadium. If for any reason Celtic negate that, then we’ll be able to return the favour in January.

You’ve been at pains to imply that there’s something sinister going on, that Rangers somehow are short changing our own support and that this SPFL statement with the wording of ‘around’ is somehow a subliminal message that Celtic will get more and we’ll get less tickets, when really it’s just there to indicate it might not be a precise 5% and there may be a slight over/under.

Either way, you’ve continually blanked Rangers statement. Have you read it? And do you think the club are lying to us?

The floor is yours…

No, the absolute fact is, the SPFL, stated nothing about 5%s.

They stated, and it's there in black and white.

This could actually be good for us. We organise stuff to allow this 5% and we tell every club that they pay for their 5% upfront or they get heehaw. The Shettleston’s will do it, maybe Hearts, the rest will not risk it. We can also do a compare and contrast around arrangements with the Filth. It’s like for like facilities and set up or they can %^*& off.

What did Rangers Official statement say?

Given that the SPFL, own the ba' it really doesn't matter what RFC say. Not that they give a toss what we say anyway,

Now, we either engage the b@stards at every turn, take on the filth every time, (there should have been an immediate reply/retort to Brenda's guff about allocations) or we just keep buying copious amounts of KY.

This could actually be good for us. We organise stuff to allow this 5% and we tell every club that they pay for their 5% upfront or they get heehaw. The Shettleston’s will do it, maybe Hearts, the rest will not risk it. We can also do a compare and contrast around arrangements with the Filth. It’s like for like facilities and set up or they can %^*& off.
What? It's a one off rule for Rangers v Celtic fixtures only. Not relevant to any other fixtures.

Because the governing body said different. Officially.

Why have neither us or the filth called the SPFL out, so you and I aren't arseing about at quarter past ten on a Monday night arguing about it.
Because the club acknowledged the SPFL statement and our own statement after theirs said it is 5% to be given to both clubs. Our club We're clarifying the SPFL statement and taking away the ambiguity

Given that the SPFL, own the ba' it really doesn't matter what RFC say. Not that they give a toss what we say anyway,

Now, we either engage the b@stards at every turn, take on the filth every time, (there should have been an immediate reply/retort to Brenda's guff about allocations) or we just keep buying copious amounts of KY.
So when it comes to Rangers, as far as you’re concerned, our statements mean nothing and we can’t control anything despite us having been involved in the discussions and having the power to lock out Celtic fans this coming weekend?

If Rangers statement is as worthless as you’re making out, then why have they made it?

Are they lying to the support with the 5% they’ve quoted?

Because the governing body said different. Officially.

Why have neither us or the filth called the SPFL out, so you and I aren't arseing about at quarter past ten on a Monday night arguing about it.
They didn’t say differently. They said around 5% because it might not be possible to get an exact percentage with the way the stadiums are set up.

You’re just being incredibly obtuse. You know fine well what the statement says but are deliberately misinterpreting it to appear to be outlandish and controversial.

Sections 118, 119 and 120 have a capacity of 2767, according to Glasgow City Council's own safety certificate document. If we are to get 5% (3000) tickets then we will need section 117 or parts of ES1 and FS7 in their Main Stand. I can't see that happening.
Anyway we're going round and round in circles. The proof will be in the pudding next season, one way or the other.
I'm sure their Euro Allocation has previously included a section of the main stand as you mention in order to comply with the 5%. But not sure.

Because the club acknowledged the SPFL statement and our own statement after theirs said it is 5% to be given to both clubs. Our club We're clarifying the SPFL statement and taking away the ambiguity

That actually makes no sense.

The people running the league have issued the words 'around 5%'? It's an official statement.

Rangers have clarified sod all, other than leaving a great deal of us out of sorts.

I'm sure their Euro Allocation has previously included a section of the main stand as you mention in order to comply with the 5%. But not sure.
They will have to provide a number of 'premium' seats for European games just like we do in the Club Deck. Can't see that happening for this fixture though.

They will have to provide a number of 'premium' seats for European games just like we do in the Club Deck. Can't see that happening for this fixture though.
No I mean I'm sure they've given a small section in the corner of the main stand as an extension of the main away section.

The floor is yours…

I’d put my mortgage on us getting less than 5% at Parkhead but them getting 5% of Ibrox.

Yeah I'm aware they don't seem to do it any more, hence why I said I wasn't sure. I thought back when they had Man Utd for example that they had a slither of the main stand in that corner as well as the SE Corner. Could definitely be wrong.
Had in my head that Man City got it but can't find a proper photo of their fans to double check.

I’d put my mortgage on us getting less than 5% at Parkhead but them getting 5% of Ibrox.
You either have very little trust in Rangers to reciprocate if they do go back on the agreement, or haven’t paid off much of your mortgage yet.

If it’s 4.99% vs 5.01% then I wouldn’t split hairs, but I doubt it’s going to be a significant number different.

Not going by this photo. If anything they have extended the other way into section 117.

We won’t even be given the full section like in this picture either. You can see on the left hand side there are a small section of their fans above the away fans. They won’t have that in OF games so you can bet the segregation is a few rows to the right in that photo.

2,500 of them at Ibrox and 2,500 Rangers fans at Parkhead.

I’m calling it now and I’d put my mortgage on it.

Last edited:
You either have very little trust in Rangers to reciprocate if they do go back on the agreement, or haven’t paid off much of your mortgage yet.

If it’s 4.99% vs 5.01% then I wouldn’t split hairs, but I doubt it’s going to be a significant number different.

Correct, I’ve got no trust in the board not to capitulate. They’ll just accept it.

Why folk get concerned at an old firm whether they make a tele appearance or not is always a mystery to me. Surely thats the opposite of what most would want.
Its bugger all to do with someone wanting to make a 'tele appearence' as you call it but more of an external perception. Theres a couple of Portuguese folk in my work and until recently they genuinely thought the poets had a far bigger support because they used to see them get the full Broomloan in a prime camera position compared to us getting papped away in the corner at their dump.

Its bugger all to do with someone wanting to make a 'tele appearence' as you call it but more of an external perception. Theres a couple of Portuguese folk in my work and until recently they genuinely thought the poets had a far bigger support because they used to see them get the full Broomloan in a prime camera position compared to us getting papped away in the corner at their dump.
It's not even logistically possible to put us in a similar position at their place. For a start the police would never allow it as access and segregation means having away fans in the corner makes sense.

Just like how it makes sense to have the same set up with fans being housed in the corner to BF4 and BR 4 at Ibrox. Allows aways fans to have their own walk upto the stadium making it easier to police.

I simply don't get where you are coming from?

What's to explain here.

The people running the league in this country have issued a statement and our club has caved in.

It's not me that has accepted what the SPFL have said, it's Rangers.
You are actually completely wrong. The SPFL released the statement 1st saying around 5%. Our board who run Rangers have issued their own statement where they say they note the SPFL statement but the club then say its been agreed that both clubs have to give 5% of each stadia. That is the club saying OK we see what your are saying SPFL but no the agreement is actually 5% of each stadia. Whybcant your head take that in. Why are you continually accepting what the SPFL have said and not acknowledging what our actual club have said afterwards. Its actually strange how you cannot read the statement and take the information from it.

We won’t even be given the full section like in this picture either. You can see on the left hand side there are a small section of their fans above the away fans. They won’t have that in OF games so you can bet the segregation is a few rows to the right in that photo.

2,500 of them at Ibrox and 2,500 Rangers fans at Parkhead.

I’m calling it now and I’d put my mortgage on it.

Well if that's reality, we have caved in again.

It's not even logistically possible to put us in a similar position at their place. For a start the police would never allow it as access and segregation means having away fans in the corner makes sense.

Just like how it makes sense to have the same set up with fans being housed in the corner to BF4 and BR 4 at Ibrox. Allows aways fans to have their own walk upto the stadium making it easier to police.
Thats not the debate though. You asked why people kept mentioning the fans being on camera and I just gave you a reason as to why its mentioned, it skews external perception of the support of both clubs.

The matter about segregation and Policing, even though technically relevant, is an different debate.

Club not guaranteeing two or more seats together for those getting shafted. Considering many are in the family stand, this is just more salt in the wounds.
I agree, but do you see many giving up a seasy ticket for 24/25 if they don't get the transfer to another part of the stadium.

I cant tbh. As much as many wont be happy, I can seem them taking the reduced price option and biding their time to get a transfer.

I feel for all the fans being affected.

You can guarantee the if the first game between us is at Ibrox next season they’ll find a way to give us less tickets for the reverse fixture

Who gives a monkeys if Sky shows them. I couldn't care less. I'd rather watch the team playing that getting my knickers in a twist about Sky.

I genuinely cannot fathom this 'we see them on the telly nonsense'.

A couple of randoms from Portugal think Celtic have a bigger support btw! How will we ever cope?!

Btw mate, see if they were stuck in a position off camera, like the crazy suggestion above, to have them on 3 levels of the main stand, folk would be going apeshit about that too.

'I cannot believe the Club have allowed those tramps into our historic and beautiful main stand'.

The arguments are just getting ridiculously stupid now.

I agree, but do you see many giving up a seasy ticket for 24/25 if they don't get the transfer to another part of the stadium.

I cant tbh. As much as many wont be happy, I can seem them taking the reduced price option and biding their time to get a transfer.

I feel for all the fans being affected.
This will be us, unless I can get decent seats for us as a pair I might have to stay where I am and take a chance on just moving for the games vs them

Back