Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
The clubs own statement said each team must give 5%. I never said SPFL statement. I understand theirs didn't say 5% it was about 5%. So if Celtic give us 4.3% then we give them 4.3%. It's easy for us to match the percentages as their home game is first

I realise and would expect tit for tat, but the bottom line is the SPFL rules and regulations here are different from what Rangers are telling us.

I realise and would expect tit for tat, but the bottom line is the SPFL rules and regulations here are different from what Rangers are telling us.
How do you know that. What of Rangers and Celtic have been both told its 5% but the SPFL statement isn't correct. Nobody know yet. What you are doing is believing the SPFL over our own club. That's some decision to make.

Are there not a few on here who are media partners etc who can ask and get clarification on what is correct. If the club is wrong surely they need to come out and tell us why they have said 5%

The fhilth have been driving the agenda from the word go,Starting off when they refused the 800 allocation because of some made up safety concerns,They will score out of this so called compromise,If any Bear thinks if the fhilth get 5% of 50000 and we’ll get 5% of 60000 their in for shocker,The fhilth win we lose that will be the compromise.

How do you know that. What of Rangers and Celtic have been both told its 5% but the SPFL statement isn't correct. Nobody know yet. What you are doing is believing the SPFL over our own club. That's some decision to make.

Are there not a few on here who are media partners etc who can ask and get clarification on what is correct. If the club is wrong surely they need to come out and tell us why they have said 5%

What is wrong with you?

And I'll quote again from Friday's blatt

Following engagement with both clubs, the SPFL is pleased to confirm that Rangers FC and Celtic FC will provide ticket allocations of AROUND 5% for away supporters, for SPFL matches between the two clubs.

Now I'll say again, as I have from Friday, the filth will not be seen to be allowed to give us more tickets, than we give them.

That is the official words from the SPFL. That unfortunately supercedes any words from our club.

we would probably assume the club are aware of the ambiguity over the 5% and the "around 5% "statements that have been offered by ourselves and the SPFL, and the fans reaction to this, that the club hasn't reached out to the club media to fully clarify this and put an end to the speculation, would suggest the SPFL statement is the correct one

If the tims don’t give us 3000 tickets then we should hold our end for the return fixture at Ibrox then cancel the agreement after that.

They would’ve failed to live up to their end so back too 800.

What is wrong with you?

And I'll quote again from Friday's blatt

Following engagement with both clubs, the SPFL is pleased to confirm that Rangers FC and Celtic FC will provide ticket allocations of AROUND 5% for away supporters, for SPFL matches between the two clubs.

Now I'll say again, as I have from Friday, the filth will not be seen to be allowed to give us more tickets, than we give them.

That is the official words from the SPFL. That unfortunately supercedes any words from our club.
Who do you think your speaking to. What is wrong with you? Below is Rangers statement.

RANGERS FC notes the SPFL's
confirmation regarding future Old Firm
allocations at both lbrox and Parkhead
This was reached following input from both
clubs, the SPFL, local authorities, and the
league's broadcast partners.
While this will not affect the two remaining league
derbies this season, from next season, both clubs
will be required to provide five per-cent of their
stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only
mirroring the UEFA European match model.

So are you chosing to ignore what the club has said. BOTH CLUBS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE FIVE PERCENT.

Are you just choosing to ignore what the club has said in an official statement. If celtic don't give 5% we just match the % they give us. Is it too difficult for you to understand and accept.that

we would probably assume the club are aware of the ambiguity over the 5% and the "around 5% "statements that have been offered by ourselves and the SPFL, and the fans reaction to this, that the club hasn't reached out to the club media to fully clarify this and put an end to the speculation, would suggest the SPFL statement is the correct one
You could take the SPFL side or why not take it the other way. Maybe the club is correct and have no reason to clarify anything and the league and both clubs have agreed its 5%

I think it’s been already agreed in advance we will both get about 2500 each.
It will be interesting if Rangers release the true number of tickets when the MYGERS applications are released for the game next season.

I think it’s been already agreed in advance we will both get about 2500 each.
It will be interesting if Rangers release the true number of tickets when the MYGERS applications are released for the game next season.
If it was agreed already our club would have said its 2500 each. They didn't. They factually stated both clubs will be required to provide 5% of their stadia.

There is no such thing as a media partner

There is no such thing as a media partner
Yes but you know what mean. Someone with connections. David Edgar or Heart and Hand. Surely they have been in contact with the club for clarification. I'd have thought it would have happened immediately when both statements were different. Would certainly be better to find out.

You could take the SPFL side or why not take it the other way. Maybe the club is correct and have no reason to clarify anything and the league and both clubs have agreed its 5%
you were the one asking if media partners could ask for clarification a few posts back, now its "maybe the club is correct and have no reason to clarify anything" I am of the opinion that a simple clarification puts this to bed straight away, lets hope we get it and we can move on

No they didn't.

I've already quoted, the official words from the spfl on Friday. AROUND 5%.

It's there in black and white.
What are you not getting. Our club have stated in an official release that both clubs will be required to provide 5% of the stadia to the away team. I couldn't give a monkeys what the SPFL said.

Yes but you know what mean. Someone with connections. David Edgar or Heart and Hand. Surely they have been in contact with the club for clarification. I'd have thought it would have happened immediately when both statements were different. Would certainly be better to find out.

You are now wanting clarification? You seemed so ceartain earlier.

The bottom line is, Rangers have realised they made a 'James Hunt' of this and tried to backtrack.

If we get 3,000 at the munky hoose to their 2,500 at Ibrox I'll eat all the humble pie you want.

You are now wanting clarification? You seemed so ceartain earlier.

The bottom line is, Rangers have realised they made a 'James Hunt' of this and tried to backtrack.

If we get 3,000 at the munky hoose to their 2,500 at Ibrox I'll eat all the humble pie you want.
Sorry but where have Rangers changed their story. Where have they came out and tried to backtrap. Where and when was this released

What are you not getting. Our club have stated in an official release that both clubs will be required to provide 5% of the stadia to the away team. I couldn't give a monkeys what the SPFL said.

Given that it's the SPLF who run the show, and trotted out the original statement, as much as I might despise that organisation, I'll have to take their word for it.

Given that it's the SPLF who run the show, and trotted out the original statement, as much as I might despise that organisation, I'll have to take their word for it.
You have said club made a James hunt of it and backtracked. Where snd when did the club backtrack. Did they release an updated statement.

Yes. I am aware of that. You have stated the club have backtracked. So why have you said that. Where has the club now said they got it wrong. Seeing as your saying this

My feeling is that they monitor all our websites and realised they made a mistake (my opinion) and came out with this stuff that it will be 5% across the board.

The wording of Friday's statement says different.

If you want to believe we have handled this well, then keep fighting the good fight.

I believe we've lurched into another OF disaster.

My feeling is that they monitor all our websites and realised they made a mistake (my opinion) and came out with this stuff that it will be 5% across the board.

The wording of Friday's statement says different.

If you want to believe we have handled this well, then keep fighting the good fight.

I believe we've lurched into another OF disaster.
So you made a statement the club have made a mistake and have backtracked even though they havnt come out and said they made a mistake. They have said nothing. So you are just making stuff up based on your own mind. Wow. The club released a statement straight after the SPFL. Nothing the club has done has suggested what they have said isn't true. You are just having a go at the board cause you believe the SPFL even after how they have treated our club. Think you need to take a step back and pick your sides better. Siding with the SPFL when the club havnt been. Confirmed as doing or saying a thing wrong. Mental

So you made a statement the club have made a mistake and have backtracked even though they havnt come out and said they made a mistake. They have said nothing. So you are just making stuff up based on your own mind. Wow. The club released a statement straight after the SPFL. Nothing the club has done has suggested what they have said isn't true. You are just having a go at the board cause you believe the SPFL even after how they have treated our club. Think you need to take a step back and pick your sides better. Siding with the SPFL when the club havnt been. Confirmed as doing or saying a thing wrong. Mental

Feck me gently.

I'm taking the side of the SPFL against Rangers?

Since Friday, I've been railing against the wording and subterfuge of the SPFL. But I'm taking their side against my club?

I'm lost for words. (nearly)

Feck me gently.

Since Friday, I've been railing against the wording and subterfuge of the SPFL. But I'm taking their side against my club?

I think you need to read what you posted. You have said the club have made a james hunt of ot and backtracked. So you are accusing the club of being wrong

Are the manager and players actually aware that for this to happen, the club are kicking out our own fans to let their fans in?

Or have they just been told our fans will ALL be moved with none locked out, when this clearly won't be the case.
That’s not the players and managers concern, nor should it be.

If the manager and players view is that they want an away following and that it would help them achieve the results we all demand, then it’s up to the club to go away and make that happen.

Feck me gently.

You’ve also implied that Rangers are either misleading or lying to their own support in their statement.

That’s not the players and managers concern, nor should it be.

If the manager and players view is that they want an away following and that it would help them achieve the results we all demand, then it’s up to the club to go away and make that happen.

Well, it's not happening with 2/3,000 fans stuck in a restricted view corner.

No they didn't.

I've already quoted, the official words from the spfl on Friday. AROUND 5%.

It's there in black and white.
SPFL SAYS AROUND 5%

RANGERS SAY BOTH CLUBS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE 5%

this is like a normal FF conversation with no centre ground

Who do you think your speaking to. What is wrong with you? Below is Rangers statement.

RANGERS FC notes the SPFL's
confirmation regarding future Old Firm
allocations at both lbrox and Parkhead
This was reached following input from both
clubs, the SPFL, local authorities, and the
league's broadcast partners.
While this will not affect the two remaining league
derbies this season, from next season, both clubs
will be required to provide five per-cent of their
stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only
mirroring the UEFA European match model.

So are you chosing to ignore what the club has said. BOTH CLUBS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE FIVE PERCENT.

Are you just choosing to ignore what the club has said in an official statement. If celtic don't give 5% we just match the % they give us. Is it too difficult for you to understand and accept.that
You are believing our spineless lot over the totally corrupt authorities.

The face we have totally capitulated on this is an absolute disgrace even before you get into the detail. The club will accept any old shit, the old allocations weren’t a matching % either but they meekly accepted that.

You are believing our spineless lot over the totally corrupt authorities.

The face we have totally capitulated on this is an absolute disgrace even before you get into the detail. The club will accept any old shit, the old allocations weren’t a matching % either but they meekly accepted that.
I'm believing the manager and players wanted more away fans. They have said so. SKY wanted more fans. The clubs and SPFL have come to an agreement. Whether anyone likes it or not.

The clubs own statement said each team must give 5%. I never said SPFL statement. I understand theirs didn't say 5% it was about 5%. So if Celtic give us 4.3% then we give them 4.3%. It's easy for us to match the percentages as their home game is first
Even if we reduced it to 4.5% (2700 of 60,000 is 4.5%) that is another 400 or so tickets back to us.

However there may be issues with that we are only going to have 4 Broomloan Rear turnstiles and 6 Broomloan Front turnstiles available due to segregation. Not sure what the acceptable ratios are but it is already tight for getting our fans in, especially to the rear. The club probably will not want to disrupt the safety plans they already have used for the CL games with same allocations.

both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only — mirroring the UEFA European match model

We should always have had an equal percentage - had this argument with my best mate of 35 year who is a celtic fan (yes it's allowed) - he always sai the 7,500 or so was fair but my argument was that gave them a bigger percentage and also pushed us in a corner when they got the full stand behind the goal in full view of their players. Always felt they got more out of it than we did so happy there seems now to be a wee rethink (40 year too late in my opinion)

If it was agreed already our club would have said its 2500 each. They didn't. They factually stated both clubs will be required to provide 5% of their stadia.
It’s utterly staggering how those who hate the SPFL, claim it’s full of corruption and Celtic sympathisers and Rangers hating cheats will take their word over our own club official statement.

But I guess that just suits their argument and they’ll happily go along with the narrative that Rangers are just having us on.

I'm believing the manager and players wanted more away fans. They have said so. SKY wanted more fans. The clubs and SPFL have come to an agreement. Whether anyone likes it or not.
'I'm going to bow at the altar of your obtuseness.

Basically, most people accept that opposing fans add to the fixture. I personally don't want to share oxygen with them, but hey, I can't help being a fun guy.

On a different tangent, there needs to be a radical look at how we house the fcuks. A narrow strip down the Main stand and west enclosure is my ideal. That way the Sky cameras can't really focus on them.

We can make it a Rangersfest, whether Croaked, wants it or not.

We make these b@stards come in early and leave late.

What's sauce for the goose and all that...

'I'm going to bow at the altar of your obtuseness.

Basically, most people accept that opposing fans add to the fixture. I personally don't want to share oxygen with them, but hey, I can't help being a fun guy.

On a different tangent, there needs to be a radical look at how we house the fcuks. A narrow strip down the Main stand and west enclosure is my ideal. That way the Sky cameras can't really focus on them.

We can make it a Rangersfest, whether Croaked, wants it or not.

We make these b@stards come in early and leave late.

What's sauce for the goose and all that...
Yeah whatever. They won't be in the enclosure. There can never be fans allowed above or below each other. Anyway I'm out.

It’s utterly staggering how those who hate the SPFL, claim it’s full of corruption and Celtic sympathisers and Rangers hating cheats will take their word over our own club official statement.

But I guess that just suits their argument and they’ll happily go along with the narrative that Rangers are just having us on.

Why are we having this debate? The SPFL, never said in their statement on Friday there was a guaranteed 5% allocation each way.

If they did, show me it.

The stage is yours.

Those are the very reasons why some of us believe the 5% figure Rangers have quoted will not be adhered to.

Back