Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I’m sure I read that a Celtic fan site had stipulated that due to segregation issues at the piggery that we will retain and extend the number of fans in the corner area but this will not give anywhere near the full allocation
plans are underway to give a section within the main stand - turnstiles we should be using being an issue - seemingly we can access turnstiles in main stand from beside where we currently are at the car park side

but the area further along the Lisbon stand from the turnstiles we currently use for 800 has major segregation issues to accommodate 3,000 at these turnstiles
- ( they were saying 2,000 is the limit) as basically 4,000 unwashed need to use the same turnstiles in the Lisbon stand to avoid crushing

I took from what they were saying is - bottom line we are not getting all our supporters in the Lisbon stand due to limited turnstile access and concourse segregation issues to cope with 3,000 is not possible in the Lisbon stand so they may have to put some of our supporters in the main stand

How do you do it for UEFA games, if that's the case?

If they don’t then they’re in breach of the agreeement and it’s back to square one.

We’re in a strong position because we go there first next season. If they don’t play ball in September, then we’ll be able to reciprocate in January.

Going by this post, you've backtracked slightly on your 3,000 tickets argument.

Whatever our allocation is given for the first game at the scum hut next season,we give them the exact same percentage at Ibrox.

An exact same allocation at each ground makes us look weak.

Purely out of interest how did they segregate the liverpool fans from us in the concourse? Just trying to think how they will do it.

When it comes to the subject of old firm allocation, there's a club fed answer that isn't necessarily the truth. Certainly not when portrayed as the feelings of the manager and all players.

The majority of the fans don't want those beasts in Ibrox so his alleged approval of 2,500 of them soiling the air in the stadium is not to get the fans onside, that's for sure.

I guess we're not agreeing on this one, fair enough. I just don't agree or am happy with the 5%.
The majority don’t? Where’s your evidence?

Purely out of interest how did they segregate the liverpool fans from us in the concourse? Just trying to think how they will do it.
They put metal ceiling to floor barriers up in the broomloan concourse. You can’t access the BF4 toilets as they shut the door. Presumably they’ll put police at either side of that door.

Read you contradicting yourself again? Why?

They didn’t get what they wanted, a compromise was reached.
If it was a compromise that had been reached then both sides would have had to concede ground, the fact that it looks likely they aren't even going to give us 3000 tickets gives an idea of how fair a deal this will be.

What are you basing that on?
The SPFL statement is deliberately worded as "around 5%" for a reason. They will give us as small a section of that away corner as they can get away with citing police advice and logistical reasons and then demand the full Euro section at Ibrox.

I am happy to be proven wrong and hopefully when we go there in September the MyGers emails state an allocation of 3000 but I think most can see how this is going to end up. The league has shown no interest about the rule stating they must provide an away section this season so don't be surprised when they don't step in when we don't get 5% next year.

They wanted a return to them having an allocation advantage in these fixtures, its never been about TV company demands or the image of the game. The fact that we are the only ones in this deal who are now potentially removing old firm games from our own season tickets holders gives an idea of which club has had to compromise for this arrangement.

The SPFL statement is deliberately worded as "around 5%" for a reason. They will give us as small a section of that away corner as they can get away with citing police advice and logistical reasons and then demand the full Euro section at Ibrox.

I am happy to be proven wrong and hopefully when we go there in September the MyGers emails state an allocation of 3000 but I think most can see how this is going to end up. The league has shown no interest about the rule stating they must provide an away section this season so don't be surprised when they don't step in when we don't get 5% next year.

They wanted a return to them having an allocation advantage in these fixtures, its never been about TV company demands or the image of the game. The fact that we are the only ones in this deal who are now potentially removing old firm games from our own season tickets holders gives an idea of which club has had to compromise for this arrangement.
So it’s based on paranoia.

tbf the only reason they aren't having to inconvenience their home support is because they chose to not sell season tickets in those sections. I imagine with enough hindsight that the allocations may eventually increase again.

tbf the only reason they aren't having to inconvenience their home support is because they chose to not sell season tickets in those sections. I imagine with enough hindsight that the allocations may eventually increase again.
Its already been posted in this thread that the away corner at their ground is 2700. If they are really going to give us 3000 then they will need to move fans or make changes to that corner.

I think we all know that's not going to happen. We had an advantage and should have pushed for clear rules from the SPFL over away allocations.

the areas listed are when we had the big allocation they have continue to sell ST without the option of the been valid for those areas against us

Special Season Tickets (which are Season Tickets for seats in sections 115 to 118, half of section 416, and sections 417 to 419) are valid for all home SPFL league matches, excluding any matches against Rangers FC, and such other home matches as nominated by the Club (in total, a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 18 home matches). Special Season Tickets are not valid for any home match against Rangers FC and Special Season Ticket holders, including members of the Home Cup Ticket Scheme, are not guaranteed a ticket to purchase for any such match(es).

the areas listed are when we had the big allocation they have continue to sell ST without the option of the been valid for those areas against us

Special Season Tickets (which are Season Tickets for seats in sections 115 to 118, half of section 416, and sections 417 to 419) are valid for all home SPFL league matches, excluding any matches against Rangers FC, and such other home matches as nominated by the Club (in total, a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 18 home matches). Special Season Tickets are not valid for any home match against Rangers FC and Special Season Ticket holders, including members of the Home Cup Ticket Scheme, are not guaranteed a ticket to purchase for any such match(es).
That's kind of my point tbf. Rangers on the other hand chose to sell season tickets telling those buying them it was going to include games against them and how they'd done it for the fans.

Them not including games against us for those season tickets shows they had the forward planning that it was going to increase eventually whether it had been back to the old arrangement or euro allocations.

Its already been posted in this thread that the away corner at their ground is 2700. If they are really going to give us 3000 then they will need to move fans or make changes to that corner.

I think we all know that's not going to happen. We had an advantage and should have pushed for clear rules from the SPFL over away allocations.
Both clubs will surely know the exact amount of tickets each will be getting for the fixture. Don’t imagine it’ll be a case of Rangers having to wait until the first fixture next season to see what we get before calculation what Celtic will get for the festive game

Would 5% be the bottom of the broomy?
Nope, it will be
No Excuses - Rangers defeat at home to Ajax 1-3 | FollowFollow.com
the same as Ajax and Liverpool away allocations.

That's kind of my point tbf. Rangers on the other hand chose to sell season tickets telling those buying them it was going to include games against them and how they'd done it for the fans.

Them not including games against us for those season tickets shows they had the forward planning that it was going to increase eventually whether it had been back to the old arrangement or euro allocations.
Yeah they have been cleaver even after the decision in 2018 they could done it themselves bit never and it has worked fine for them

On the otherhand we didn't and I do feel for those affected

The ticket allocation given to Liverpool was 2636.

They'll get the same as Liverpool did. We will not be afforded a full 5% at the piggery.
Well if they happen to do that then Rangers will know that before the Ibrox old firm meaning they can reciprocate. So many are so sure Celtic will try do us out of tickets.

Considering they've wanted an increase since 2018 I would be surprised if they do anything to rock the boat having managed to reach a compromise.

Both clubs will surely know the exact amount of tickets each will be getting for the fixture. Don’t imagine it’ll be a case of Rangers having to wait until the first fixture next season to see what we get before calculation what Celtic will get for the festive game
If that was the case it would surely have been announced as 3000 and 2500 in the SPFL statement. They did this under the old allocations as well, we should have got 10k if it was fair deal but they never gave us that. I don't see why people think it will be different now.

Well if they happen to do that then Rangers will know that before the Ibrox old firm meaning they can reciprocate. So many are so sure Celtic will try do us out of tickets.

Considering they've wanted an increase since 2018 I would be surprised if they do anything to rock the boat having managed to reach a compromise.

Even if we reduced it to 4.5% (2700 of 60,000 is 4.5%) that is another 400 or so tickets back to us.

However there may be issues with that we are only going to have 4 Broomloan Rear turnstiles and 6 Broomloan Front turnstiles available due to segregation. Not sure what the acceptable ratios are but it is already tight for getting our fans in, especially to the rear. The club probably will not want to disrupt the safety plans they already have used for the CL games with same allocations.

If that was the case it would surely have been announced as 3000 and 2500 in the SPFL statement. They did this under the old allocations as well, we should have got 10k if it was fair deal but they never gave us that. I don't see why people think it will be different now.
Mate I'll argue this till the cows come home, they fucked us over even more with the old allocations. They had 8000 at Ibrox, we had about 7000 at the piggery.

When it says 'around 5%', does that mean 5% or not? Could mean a fairly significant difference in real terms numbers.
My bet is that the tims won’t be giving 5 percent. That’s the reason that wording is in place. Once more the tims will have basically the full end at us and we will have a small wedge in the corner at theirs. Advantage gained once more for them.

I didn't think the poll as it stands just now (49% good idea, 51% bad idea) would be so close.

Real opinion splitter/divider.

Have the scum fans ever run one on their opinions of this and what were their results?

My bet is that the tims won’t be giving 5 percent. That’s the reason that wording is in place. Once more the tims will have basically the full end at us and we will have a small wedge in the corner at theirs. Advantage gained once more for them.
They won’t have the full end at all, not even close. They will get the European allocation which is less than half the full end. No point in exaggerating.

They won’t have the full end at all, not even close. They will get the European allocation which is less than half the full end. No point in exaggerating.
Ahh ok … if the seating arrangement is like that then that’s better. I just imagined their full allocation would be directly behind the goal.

Back