Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Ahh ok … if the seating arrangement is like that then that’s better. I just imagined their full allocation would be directly behind the goal.
No mate, it will be exactly like Benfica just had, only with more Stewards and some form of mentally challenged Barrier to separate us.

You are being naive bud.
So how do you think it's going to play out then, considering the first game is at theirs?

If they short change us by giving us considerably less than 3000 then we will obviously know that by the time we have to hand over their allocation for Ibrox which we can similarly reduce by taking additional segregation out of it etc.

If that was the case it would surely have been announced as 3000 and 2500 in the SPFL statement. They did this under the old allocations as well, we should have got 10k if it was fair deal but they never gave us that. I don't see why people think it will be different now.
Whatever they give us we should simply apply the same percentage amount at Ibrox. We simply track the percentage we get from them like for like. As it’s absolutely correct we aren’t receiving 5 percent from them - that’s for sure.

Going by this post, you've backtracked slightly on your 3,000 tickets argument.

Whatever our allocation is given for the first game at the scum hut next season,we give them the exact same percentage at Ibrox.

An exact same allocation at each ground makes us look weak.
There is no argument. I answered a question on whether I trusted Celtic to give us the tickets. If they’ve just entered into a new agreement with Rangers, the league and the broadcast partners, it’d be bad business if they broke the agreement at the first time it was being implemented. Why then even bother getting round the table in the first place if that’s their intention?

The SPFL statement reads ‘around 5%’ and ours reads ‘of 5%’. You’ve become a bit locked on with trying to make it out to be something it’s not. It’ll be as close to 5% as possible with segregation lines, turnstile access etc.

[/QUOTE]
Whatever they give us we should simply apply the same percentage amount at Ibrox. We simply track the percentage we get from them like for like. As it’s absolutely correct we aren’t receiving 5 percent from them - that’s for sure.

The wording of 'around 5%' is ambivalent and no doubt written by someone with filth connections.

I know it sounds outlandish, but I could actually see them handing Ibrox the first fixture next season to test the waters.

There are no depths, that lot and their useful idiots and placemen won't stoop to.

There is no argument. I answered a question on whether I trusted Celtic to give us the tickets. If they’ve just entered into a new agreement with Rangers, the league and the broadcast partners, it’d be bad business if they broke the agreement at the first time it was being implemented. Why then even bother getting round the table in the first place if that’s their intention?

The SPFL statement reads ‘around 5%’ and ours reads ‘of 5%’. You’ve become a bit locked on with trying to make it out to be something it’s not. It’ll be as close to 5% as possible with segregation lines, turnstile access etc.

We'll find out come September, won't we.

I'm not arguing that they will give us tickets.

My view is the filth will not allow us to get more tickets at the cesspit, than we give them at Ibrox.

So that's why this 'around 5%' is a con and we have fell for it.

But as I said we'll find out later in the year.

The wording of 'around 5%' is ambivalent and no doubt written by someone with filth connections.

I know it sounds outlandish, but I could actually see them handing Ibrox the first fixture next season to test the waters.

There are no depths, that lot and their useful idiots and placemen won't stoop to.
[/QUOTE]
Although I agree with your concerns regarding the percentage there is no chance the first game will be at Ibrox imo

Although I agree with your concerns regarding the percentage there is no chance the first game will be at Ibrox imo
[/QUOTE]

I did say it sounds outlandish.

But the game's authorities up here have just heard the filth admit to child abuse going back seven decades and have refused to take action against them.

A reversal of fixtures would be nothing to them.

If that was the case it would surely have been announced as 3000 and 2500 in the SPFL statement. They did this under the old allocations as well, we should have got 10k if it was fair deal but they never gave us that. I don't see why people think it will be different now.
Yeah I think the clubs could’ve cleared it up but I do firmly believe both clubs will know the exact allocations they’ll be getting. Don’t think they could agree without knowing it

My bet is that the tims won’t be giving 5 percent. That’s the reason that wording is in place. Once more the tims will have basically the full end at us and we will have a small wedge in the corner at theirs. Advantage gained once more for them.
The full end? :))

So going from no fans at all like the last game to 3k won’t make a difference to the team? Ofcourse it will

That's your opinion. I beg to differ.

For me, there's more twists and turns to come with this latest development.

But for the last time, I'll say it. Rangers should have nailed these rats at the SPFL down. Is it 5% or is it not?

For once put them and their puppet masters from behind on the backfoot.

If we accept a like for like allocation, we are made to look weak and foolish once again.

This is the thin end of the wedge,Brenda has already said he’s looking forward to going back to the traditional allocation the fhilth are driving the agenda here,
Another win for the fhilth and loss for the Bears.

Was going to 'get sorted' at some point. Fair compromise, us getting more tickets for theirs :)

Surprised they wanted this so bad. Whats the desperation for a fixture against a 'new club' in a fixture that, apparently, has no history, while not bothering their arse with Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen cutting their allocations? Strange bunch.

Was going to 'get sorted' at some point. Fair compromise, us getting more tickets for theirs :)

Surprised they wanted this so bad. Whats the desperation for a fixture against a 'new club' in a fixture that, apparently, has no history, while not bothering their arse with Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen cutting their allocations? Strange bunch.

I'll believe we're getting more tickets than them, when Timbo goes Tonto.

Will the police be happy that segregation area is big enough?
It’s going to be a fantastic atmosphere with the fhilth in full Iraokie mode,The players will love it the millions of tv viewers will just soak it up,Then in contrast at the shitpit all they will get is the fhilth in full Iraokie mode with the Bears playing a minuscule bit part in the atmosphere.

We'll find out come September, won't we.
Do you think this Board will come clean about the actual allocation when they’ve been freshly shafted once again?

We were getting done for years over there, while they were getting the whole of the Broomloan, we were getting a good bit less than half of their stand as pictures show.

Do you think this Board will come clean about the actual allocation when they’ve been freshly shafted once again?

We were getting done for years over there, while they were getting the whole of the Broomloan, we were getting a good bit less than half of their stand as pictures show.
Agree mate. We were shafted with the old allocations as well. People are ignoring what was staring them in the face. This will be easier to quantify. The corner area at the piggery holds 2700.

Are the manager and players actually aware that for this to happen, the club are kicking out our own fans to let their fans in?

Or have they just been told our fans will ALL be moved with none locked out, when this clearly won't be the case.

If they do then it'll make those words about the home support and synergy all rather hollow.

People should just enjoy their Parkhead trip, accept that to get the ticket it's fucked over some of their fellow supporters and that it's come about because Celtic wanted change, instead of seeking other justifications.

It'll be interesting to see the allocation for the first game next season and whether a campaign will subsequently begin for the full Broomloan.

if we had a 60000 capacity stadium I might have a different view of this but so many Bears are missing the opportunity to actually go to a home game v the fhilth.
Totally agree, we have six regulars on our bus who go to every home game but don’t have season tickets, so this Sunday will probably be the last time they ever get an Old Firm ticket as it will be season ticket holders only from next season. And with season tickets being so difficult to get now, this Sunday will be the last Old Firm game for many. Painful.

Totally agree, we have six regulars on our bus who go to every home game but don’t have season tickets, so this Sunday will probably be the last time they ever get an Old Firm ticket as it will be season ticket holders only from next season. And with season tickets being so difficult to get now, this Sunday will be the last Old Firm game for many. Painful.
On the other hand Bears on the top of the heap in MyGers will get their tickets for the shitpit.

I'm not arguing that they will give us tickets.

My view is the filth will not allow us to get more tickets at the cesspit, than we give them at Ibrox.

So that's why this 'around 5%' is a con and we have fell for it.

But as I said we'll find out later in the year.
Celtic won't have a say on who gets more tickets. They have to give us our allocation 1st. If its not 5% then whatever percentage they give us then we just give them the same. If it works out at 5% or less then we match it. That way we end up with more tickets and Celtic can do nothing about it.

Wait you see,you will see people who are welcoming this change asking if any spare tickets are going around for Ibrox v them for the rsc they represent.that will be rather ironic

Celtic won't have a say on who gets more tickets. They have to give us our allocation 1st. If its not 5% then whatever percentage they give us then we just give them the same. If it works out at 5% or less then we match it. That way we end up with more tickets and Celtic can do nothing about it.

They just have. We're received no tickets for this season.

This season has zero to with the new allocations. Read my post. When we get our allocation we just figure out the percentage and do the same back. Its as simple as that. We just use the same reasons.

But it's not as simple given the difference in the footprint of each stadium. There's a reason why the SPFL statement used "around 5%".

And this season is relevant. Celtic simply refused to give us tickets even though it contravened the laws of the league - and there was no consequence. They forced the conversation on new allocations by creating the situation.

But it's not as simple given the difference in the footprint of each stadium. There's a reason why the SPFL statement used "around 5%".

And this season is relevant. Celtic simply refused to give us tickets even though it contravened the laws of the league - and there was no consequence. They forced the conversation on new allocations by creating the situation.
Yes but this season has no bearing now on the new allocation. If we end up with 2700 seats. Whatever that percentage is we then figure out the equivalent. We then just only move the equivalent percentage into BF5 and BR5 and 4 if necessary. So whatever happened this season is done. This is about next season.

Yes but this season has no bearing now on the new allocation. If we end up with 2700 seats. Whatever that percentage is we then figure out the equivalent. We then just only move the equivalent percentage into BF5 and BR5 and 4 if necessary. So whatever happened this season is done. This is about next season.
Your theory makes perfect sense but wait and see how it pans out in practice. I think you may well get your eyes opened.

Your theory makes perfect sense but wait and see how it pans out in practice. I think you may well get your eyes opened.
Why. We would hold all the aces. We see what we get and we go down the same % route. It's not hard for the club to get right. After the clubs statement of both clubs must give 5% then I don't see Bennett allowing anything different. If they give less then we give less.

If they do then it'll make those words about the home support and synergy all rather hollow.

People should just enjoy their Parkhead trip, accept that to get the ticket it's fucked over some of their fellow supporters and that it's come about because Celtic wanted change, instead of seeking other justifications.

It'll be interesting to see the allocation for the first game next season and whether a campaign will subsequently begin for the full Broomloan.
Rodgers has already set the ball rolling.

As I say let's see how it pans out. They get the seats in BF5 and BR5. The seats in BF4 and BR4 are the segregation area.
In the scenario you are suggesting that segregation line would move over into the Broomloan 5 sections and the Broomloan 4 areas would be Rangers fans again.

That’s exactly how it’s going to work.
When I’m handing out our six club tickets on the bus on Sunday I’d be as well telling the guys to make the most of this one as it will probably be their last ever Old Firm match unless they can somehow manage to get a season ticket, which as we all know is extremely difficult nowadays. Sad times.

[/QUOTE

I'm in agreement and I've said the same from Friday.

However, I do believe if they go with the 5%, and remember the wording from the SPFL is ambivalent and deliberately muddying the waters, the yahoos will be getting it tight from the snotter platoon and the rest of their support.

We simply cannot give in to this.

If we get the 'around' 5%, we simply have to come out and state they will get the same proprtionate allocation at Ibrox.

Why. We would hold all the aces. We see what we get and we go down the same % route. It's not hard for the club to get right. After the clubs statement of both clubs must give 5% then I don't see Bennett allowing anything different. If they give less then we give less.

Where in the SPFL statement does it say a straight 5%.?

Back