Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
So 46000 season ticket holders. 2500 to them. 500 to 1000 kept empty for segregation. Then tickets for players etc. There should be at least 1k tickets for the 1.7k Broomloan people maybe a bit more. The club should be able to accommodate most of the Broomloan season ticket holders unless I'm talking rubbish

Or…
We’re trying to give our team the best chance it has at winning at the piggery. Shock horror I know.

But just for the record…we’ve won one game there since the allocations were reduced.
They have also beaten us when we have had 50,000 Rangers fans at Ibrox.

The fact they are providing the discount confirms that a ticket is not guaranteed.

A move is also ‘subject to availability’.
well that is on Rangers , if every ST holder ticks " all home games " it then puts it all on Rangers

Hopefully I am wrong and its a fair deal but the wording of "around" stands out a mile. Wouldn't put it past them that we get boxed in a slightly bigger bit of their away corner with all the segregation and empty seats on our end while they get near half the Broomloan back.
Exactly what will happen.

They will continue to play silly buggers around tickets at their tip as they know that the SPFL won't punish them.

Meanwhile it's mission accomplished for them as they've got a chunk of the Broomloan back and Rangers fans need to be moved for it to happen.

So 46000 season ticket holders. 2500 to them. 500 to 1000 kept empty for segregation. Then tickets for players etc. There should be at least 1k tickets for the 1.7k Broomloan people maybe a bit more. The club should be able to accommodate most of the Broomloan season ticket holders unless I'm talking rubbish
This shouldn't have been agreed unless the club could accommodate all affected Broomloan ST holders.

It's disgraceful if any of our ST holders have to miss out.

Ticket purchases for away games make up such a small number of points.

whether someone in gold gets more away games is making no difference at all. Everyone is getting the same points if they buy the average in their tier.
Regardless of how many points it is, it's still meaning the gap gets bigger between gold and silver if people in silver don't get the opportunity of a ticket.

That my season ticket is the Copland rangers end and has been for the best part of 20 years and that i sit and always have sat in the rangers end of the support. You buy a ticket for the broomloan you knew this day one would day come, as I said it really is that simple.
No one knew. If you want to try and get out answering my question by rewriting history ok then.

As has been stated many times in here your seat is just a bit of plastic.

You can agree with the decision or not but it isn't weird in the slightest that fans want to go there to watch Rangers.

But I wouldn't trust Celtic at all. They will soon start agitating for a bigger allocation and know they can push our board around.

100% , you said the people who wanted this change should offer their seats to affected fans ......
Will just have to leave it that I don't understand your reply then mate after re reading.

Unsure how percent of games attended relates to my point about giving up your seat for a Celtc fan to get into the stadium.

Surely them bending us over is the real story here?
Rangers saying 5%
SPFL official statement saying around 5%

The fact the SPFL have said “around” has to make you worried “Aye UEFA allocations, ok then” if thats all thats agreed with Celtic knowing full well nobody gets 3000 there even though that’s the 5% mark.

If its the latter and we leave big gaps in the Broomloan for them not to give us the 5% they have indeed been bent over and also put Rangers fans out their seats for the privilege.

Common sense at fucking last.

I missed one game there between 2004-2017 or whenever it was they reduced the allocations. I’ve been to one game since, the 1-1 draw when sakala scored. It’s been ridiculous.

A proper atmosphere there now and not they cunts having it all their own way. Bring it on

Should only be available to gold MyGers members aswell.
As long as you’re sorted for a day at the piggery then it’s all good then mate

well that is on Rangers , if every ST holder ticks " all home games " it then puts it all on Rangers
Some mental gymnastics there mate. Rangers sells season tickets based on being able to attend 19 home matches.

Folk in areas of Broomie now need to move to to accommodate yahoos. The Parkhead loyal should swap their STs with people who are going to be shifted to accommodate Celtic fans.

Nothing reported says 5% minus segregation.
I never said that. It will be the corner section which holds 2700 minus segregation. We were never going to get 5% in my opinion.
5% is 3000 tickets and that would extend into their section. Health and safety issues as the excuse.

You can agree with the decision or not but it isn't weird in the slightest that fans want to go there to watch Rangers.

But I wouldn't trust Celtic at all. They will soon start agitating for a bigger allocation and know they can push our board around.
There’s sometimes a bigger picture to think about than just getting a ticket for the game. That’s all fine and well but we need the ST revenue and we shouldn’t be herded into a corner out of sight whilst they lord it over a chunk of our stand in full view of TV cameras.

We all have our opinions but for me I’m quite happy about it, I think it’s the sensible solution. I always think atmospheres are better when there’s an away support.

This shouldn't have been agreed unless the club could accommodate all affected Broomloan ST holders.

It's disgraceful if any of our ST holders have to miss out.
Agreed I'm just doing this calculation to try and make myself feel better as I'm one of those that loses my seat.

That's interesting. You got a source for that?
It’s just common sense.
Celtic clearly don’t want us in their stadium and we don’t want them in ours.
The SPFL didn’t have the balls to tell Celtic they had to give us tickets even when it was decided that Celtic were breaking the rules.
Therefore, the only thing that makes sense in terms of a change in attitude on away allocations is that Sky must have stepped in and said that the supporter rivalry of the Old Firm games is a key component of what they bought when they signed the contract.
I suspect they probably threatened financial sanctions and reductions in what they were prepared to pay, unless away allocations that made the game a spectacle were agreed in time for the start of next season.

Regardless of how many points it is, it's still meaning the gap gets bigger between gold and silver if people in silver don't get the opportunity of a ticket.
No it doesn’t as long as everyone has registered and bought the average offered in their tier then they are getting the same points as those above them for away games.

They will still have prominent position for Tv veiwers unless we set the cameras up for the Govan stand so we don’t see too much of them also allows for our main stand to show how magnificent it looks.

They are being given a new seat or keep their seat and getting priority they will be at the game.
It's first come first serve of when tickets become available.Some will miss out.But good to you and a few others got their wish and ST holders were fucked over in the process,all in the name of where's ma piggery ticket.

because it then impacts on Rangers business model but given we have to offer European clubs 5% its not as if we dont already make such an allocation available ...... there's nothing to stop every Season Ticket holder ticking the box for " every home game "

We’re now removing guaranteed sales and significant foot traffic from the two biggest games of the season, all to accommodate an away support.

It definitely sounds like the Rangers business model.

European nights are not really comparable.

I never said that. It will be the corner section which holds 2700 minus segregation. We were never going to get 5% in my opinion.
5% is 3000 tickets and that would extend into their section. Health and safety issues as the excuse.
Yeah but without knowing the full details maybe it's 5% in total irrespective of segregation. They have enough space to move season ticket holders. For our European allocation do teams get 2500 or 2500 minus segregation

It’s just common sense.
The SPFL didn’t have the balls to tell Celtic they had to give us tickets even when it was decided that Celtic were breaking the rules.
Therefore, the only thing that makes sense in terms of a change in attitude on away allocations is that Sky must have stepped in and said that the supporter rivalry of the Old Firm games is a key component of what they bought when they signed the contract.
I suspect they probably threatened financial sanctions and reductions in what they were prepared to pay, unless away allocations that made the game a spectacle were agreed in time for the start of next season.

And what do Sky think of the empty stands when we’re playing away?

This is about Celtic getting what they want.

They deserve fekk all tickets. Scum bring their very own brand of poison to games.saddened by this. They can't be trusted from the board to the ball boys to the catering staff tampering with the food and drink.
Keep Ibrox CLEAN.

What nonsense. Everyone fucking knew.
As you keep avoiding the question I'll put you down in the camp of "no I wouldn't give up my seat some other bear can miss out on the game, fùck them as long as I'm happy"

Could they reference to new turnstiles and netting mean they are going main stand side of the broomie ?

We’re now removing guaranteed sales and significant foot traffic from the two biggest games of the season, all to accommodate an away support.

It definitely sounds like the Rangers business model.

European nights are not really comparable.
Exactly. The European supports are not actively hostile mutants who will stoop at nothing to cause harm to Rangers supporters. There is a world of difference between 2.5k Rapid Vienna fans and 2.5k animals.

Yeah but without knowing the full details maybe it's 5% in total irrespective of segregation. They have enough space to move season ticket holders. For our European allocation do teams get 2500 or 2500 minus segregation
The Ibrox Euro away area is around 2600 for teams taking the full section.

It’s just common sense.
Sky barely show the Rangers support there and turn the crowd noise down at every opportunity, so they'd have a bit of a cheek.

What’s the plan for the missing 300 tickets Rangers while you also get forced to create empty rows in the Broomloan Rear above them at Ibrox ?

Is this meant to be a win ? Its not even equitable.

Back