Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Will just have to leave it that I don't understand your reply then mate after re reading.

Unsure how percent of games attended relates to my point about giving up your seat for a Celtc fan to get into the stadium.
You said a displaced Rangers fan should get a seat from Those who argued for change and I agreed with you , I'm not sure what's hard to understand as I already miss home games due to work

Why is it always the people who don’t go home and away saying the club have been spineless?

It’s the travelling fans who have told the club this is the best thing to do and they’ve listened.
Common sense at last

Step 1 completed for the poets and our spineless board have capitulated. That mhob will start playing their daft games again and before you know it they have the full Broomloan back.
Some of our own fans helped as well.

'I'm alright Jack as long as I get a ticket for the Chamber of Secrets'. While others have to move to accommodate yahoo fans.

The amount of people who couldn't see the wood for the trees.

If it’s 5% then fair enough. If we can move people they can move people. My main concern is that our season ticket holders that are being moved are properly taken care of. I suspect as mentioned by a previous poster that Sky have had some influence.
Wouldn’t trust Celtic, SPFL or Sky just hope our board have the balls to stand their ground and sort this properly and fairly.

No it doesn’t as long as everyone has registered and bought the average offered in their tier then they are getting the same points as those above them for away games.
But if you're only leaving it for people in Gold then obviously people aren't going to register. Rangers would need to remove registration for Silver and Bronze if it was only Gold members that get to go.

Did we really agree or were we just told that's what was happening. You never know with our board. Should have said NO

That's interesting. You got a source for that?

Highly doubt you will find any public comment from Sky on the issue but from their perspective the game is undoubtedly less of a compelling 'product' for neutrals across the UK if it's home supporters only, so them having some say on this privately wouldn't be a huge surprise give that let's face it these games are what they are paying for.

Some of our own fans helped as well.

'I'm alright Jack as long as I get a ticket for the Chamber of Secrets'. While others have to move to accommodate yahoo fans.

The amount of people who couldn't see the wood for the trees.
Negotiation is not our strong point - if Sky forced us into to this, then there is limited room for negotiation. However, if this is just an spfl play, why comply? They’ve done f””” all with Celtic giving us zero?
If we were smart, then we’d play the long game and move them to the club deck and put netting in etc. This should be our end game from this, not to have them front and centre for everyone to see them.

The Ibrox Euro away area is around 2600 for teams taking the full section.
Why is it always the people who don’t go home and away saying the club have been spineless?

It’s the travelling fans who have told the club this is the best thing to do and they’ve listened.
So that’s 5.1%(2600) for Celtic, 4.5% for Rangers (2700).

Great, eh.

We will receive parity, at some stage, probably in other peoples lifetimes.

Will we move the away section further along and bring them down to 2286 (4.5.%) ? Damn right we should and recover some of BR4 that will be empty rows.

I think it’s a decent compromise I’m not for the old allocation due to our view at game compared to theres at Ibrox but now both similar and it seems good atmosphere when the allocation at European nights

Exactly. The European supports are not actively hostile mutants who will stoop at nothing to cause harm to Rangers supporters. There is a world of difference between 2.5k Rapid Vienna fans and 2.5k animals.
How much harm are 2.5k of them going to do to us? They'll still be vastly outnumbered by bears.

It'll be bears visiting the piggery who will be at risk, but the vast majority attending will be aware of this and know how to handle themselves.

I hate the bastards and I have sympathy for the argument of prioritising Rangers ST holders over them, but people need to stop acting like big jessies who are scared of the big bad mentally challengeds.

OK so it's not 5% then tale.off segregation. If that's the rule then we will get the full 3000 or so seats. Segregation shouldn't affect ticket allocation
We should have pushed for 3000 unrestricted tickets minimum across the SPFL. Would have given us an advantage as we would have got 3.5 to 4k there including all the restricted view. Under this "deal" the board have struck we will be lucky to get 2.5k.

We should have pushed for 3000 unrestricted tickets minimum across the SPFL. Would have given us an advantage as we would have got 3.5 to 4k there including all the restricted view. Under this "deal" the board have struck we will be lucky to get 2.5k.
You have just made that up. If its 5% then it's 3000 tickets. Segregation doesn't take away from tickets.

According to Stevie at 4 Lads, club will be writing to you soon to give you some options, including a permanent seat move. Anybody with ST’s in the affected section not guaranteed OF games apparently.
Well if that’s the case, no more journeys for me. Although capacity 50K, ST46K, all ST holders should get a seat.

But if you're only leaving it for people in Gold then obviously people aren't going to register. Rangers would need to remove registration for Silver and Bronze if it was only Gold members that get to go.
In the season just passed if someone registered for even one match they got the 5 points.

If someone chooses not to register for all and receives no tickets as a result so not getting the 10 points for away tickets over a season. Then that really is on them and no one else.

They were previously offered 800 and they refused as they were too scared, they will continue to push for more.

Either put up a pole in from them to give them a shity view or dump them at the top of the Club Deck to get them out of sight with a net to protect the Bears below them.

Last edited:
I don't think it's right that some of our fans may miss the games.

However to play devil's advocate if they can all be accommodated should we also try and come to an agreement with Hibs, Hearts and Sheep as well as any other diddly clubs that have cut our allocations for their grounds?

Along the lines of they will get more if they indicate with enough notice period that they will sell them and in return we get sensible allocations for their stadiums?

Brilliant. I hope they have a good one. Well worth it for the loss in revenue and our OWN supporters missing out on home OF games. Also we get the privilege of them breaking our seats and trashing our toilets. But you’re right, should be a good day out at the piggery
It will be mate, i can't wait personally.

We get more tickets at their place than they do at Ibrox and it stops the inevitable discourse in the run up to OF games. That's a huge win in my book.

Back