Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Many points for Rangers TV? 50 or something? To be in gold you'd need 5 years purchase history of home and away tickets, and European away, I don't think your theory adds up.
It’s only an issue between golds and other golds. Boy I go with has about 100 more points than me because of extras. We’re still both high gold, be shite if he got this and I didn’t in that sense.

Top down based on match going points only :)

Wouldn’t affect anyone in silver or lower gold

Nobody is claiming that. Simply pointing out that the club made an unpopular decision and then didn't have the bollocks to see it through to its logical conclusion. This dispute was never about tickets or allocations. It was about hitting them where it hurts and having leverage. They stomped their feet, ran to the SPFL, ran to Sky and used the media to great effect. Now the club is left looking limp dicked and trying to dress this up as a win for 'common sense'.
Not in my opinion.

The club have finally grown up instead of petty bollocks. The initial reduction was based on a random fan doing a survey online that anyone could fill in. The reality was because we were getting regularly beaten.

Both clubs finally grown up and came to a good agreement that many fans wanted, despite the noise of a lot on here.

I'd have preferred to have never seen them back again if truth be told. Feel sorry for any of our fans who now need to miss out watching a home game to accommodate them. For me personally, a season ticket with no guaranteed access to all home games would see me convert to a full-time armchair fan.

Seen some unverified tweets on social media - the Celtics media are stating that ticket allocation will be the same number for each stadium with no leeway for Rangers to get more tickets at Celtic park than the Celtic supporters will receive for Ibrox - can anyone verify this?

Any guesses as to how segregation outside the game would work?

Hope doesn't go back to them having Edmiston Road to themselves.
The Tàrrier barrier will be up, except it will be wider

We should be forcing them to be in the ground 2 hours before kick off and kept in for an hour afterwards

The club have caved in and stiffed season ticket holders in the process.

I don't know which situation can be viewed as a result or sensible where Tims are given the nod over our own support.
A sad day indeed, Bisgrove bends over to accommodate scum, and fucks our own over, cant say I am surprised though.

Good for.you, but there's plenty of folk among our support who want to support the team regardless of where they play.

"Follow Follow" afterall.
Yep, each to their own. If folk in our support are happy to condone their despicable past and attend their ground whilst feeding their bank balance then that’s up to them.

Weird as far as I’m concerned but each to their own.

Why not?

After all, safety concerns from the yahoos have ensured this change. Broadcasters apparently have also stepped in.

There’s no reason to think we won’t be here again in a year.

I wonder if during this meeting, our Board raised ticket allocations at Easter Road, for example.

Nah, just given in to Celtic.

The fact so many people can't spot we've been played here, is utrerly dispiriting.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what a full 3000 at Parkhead looks like.

I note Lazio got 1500 and FC Copenhagen 1800.

Who has actually had 3000, I dont remember seeing any of their UCL debacles with fans visible around into penalty area.
Can only imagine they'll be in tier above us and will have to shut down seats at front.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what a full 3000 at Parkhead looks like.

I note Lazio got 1500 and FC Copenhagen 1800.

Who has actually had 3000, I dont remember seeing any of their UCL debacles with fans visible around into penalty area.

Anyone thinking we are getting the 5% allocation is utterly deluded. We will not encroach into their section. It will be the corner only and segregation taken from seats in our section. The corner holds 2700 so minus the segregation 2500 sounds about right.

Seen some unverified tweets on social media - the Celtics media are stating that ticket allocation will be the same number for each stadium with no leeway for Rangers to get more tickets at Celtic park than the Celtic supporters will receive for Ibrox - can anyone verify this?
The Celtic blog nutter is saying 5% .

I’m unaffected but here’s a wild idea. Give a proportion of the away tickets to the BF guys that are going to miss out at home.

Anyone thinking we are getting the 5% allocation is utterly deluded. We will not encroach into their section. It will be the corner only and segregation taken from seats in our section. The corner holds 2700 so minus the segregation 2500 sounds about right.
Well whatever our allocation equates to as a % of their capacity should be reciprocated. I hope we haven't accepted a blanket 2500 each.

You can pretty much guarantee it with the SPFL "around" 5% statement. As has been posted above when they give a European team 5% some of their fans are above the away end. There is no chance the police will allow that for an old firm game.

If he goes every week I’m sure he’ll get a ticket from somewhere. But for the record I agree with buying tickets for points for woman’s games, that shouldn’t have happened and it’s why mygers can be a fucking joke.

I’m high gold and I’ve had three away tickets from rangers all season. Motherwell, Dundee and Ross county coming up. How’s that fair?
I’m in the same boat but I don’t think it should be just gold. 75% gold, 20% silver and 5% bronze, all ST holders. Maybe.

There’s folk who go home and away and aren’t gold.

This allocation is just a starting point for them, they’ll be back forcing the full allocation before long citing some spurious reasoning, kicking up %^*& with the help of their media pals and we’ll bend. Sure as all hell.
Yep then the main stand , the home dressing room, then all 4 stands, EH and finally the Louden - mark my words this board will cave ….

You can dress it up anyway you like. It's a climb down from the club, and it's been done to appease that mob. They created a massive fuss over it and started dragging the suits/money men into the argument. We caved in. Fan sentiment mattered very little in the decision. Politicking and money grubbing trumped that.

I've said it for the past few years, we needed to have the courage in our convictions on this and not move until we got a deal that ultimately suited us. But we've caved in, as we often do. This dispute was always much bigger than allocations and tickets, too many people failed to grasp that.

Totally disagree. Both clubs have looked like idiots for a few years now with tit for tat nonsense. A sensible compromise has been sought.

So many hypocrites on here ( not necessarily yourself) who were happy to visit parkhead for years who now don’t want to go and as a result don’t want us having away fans at our biggest games of the season

The fact so many people can't spot we've been played here, is utrerly dispiriting.

There’s never a bigger picture with the support - it’s all about the individual.

Who cares that a ST holder is now negatively impacted when they get a ticket to Parkhead?

There were some highly critical of Bisgrove. Not today, though, because despite shafting ST holders, they’ve got a ticket for Parkhead.

And Rangers bend over and take. It up the arse,The fhilth will be back in Ibrox full republican displays and if your not a season ticket holder your not getting a ticket.

Following your team is weird?

You probably still wear a facemask in the supermarket
I never said it was weird to follow your team, people do it every week.

‘Following’ them by funding the most sickening sporting team in history is another matter entirely.

I absolutely don’t, but if comments like that make you feel more comfortable enabling them to avoid their child abusing past then you do you.

Enjoy sitting in amongst the most vile cunts in the world next season onwards and we can leave it there for the benefit of the thread.

Back