Conceding early goals, the cause?

Tav and Goldson, all their fault. Tav too high up the park, ball getting lost in Central midfield, goldson having to cover both his and Tav's area and teams exploiting this frailty

You’ll be good enough to come on and apologise for your error?
Not an error since I caveated that I hadn't seen the goal. Duh.

I've seen the goal now and Hagi's pass is in front of Lundstram expecting him to take it and move forward. Lundstram is flat footed and misreads it. RC have an overload in that area with 4 players around Lundstram at the time. Maybe that's what's put him in 2 minds and he dithers and loses possession.

I don't think either of them covered themselves in glory. Hagi could have taken the risk and tried to switch it right where we had 2 in space but instead intended that switch of play to be played through JL and together they fucked it. Both equally to blame.

Tell me what's causing us to concede so many early goals without mentioning mentality/concentration?

Is it structural, missing big Fil....?

Or is it just a mentality thing? Are the players struggling to get up for games that they think we're going to win regardless.

The team dealt with it well today but there was a point at 0-1 when they had all the men behind the ball I thought 'making it difficult again'.

Nothing to do with the system, or mentality imo.

More a case of lazy, individual mistakes, with Hagi being the guilty party yesterday.

A combination of poor mistakes by a variety of different players, and an element bad luck in terms of how few chances we need to give opponents to score.

We seem to get punished by a goal the first mistake we make.

Hilarious isn't it

Obviously made some mistakes as well. But some guys hate him, so gets the blame for other's errors to.

Disgraceful behaviour really.

And many of them blind to their own pig eyes bias there.
honestly unreal watching the goal yesterday that folk are stating Lundstram is to blame. The pass from Hagi is woeful. The defensive shape is very poor, and even then it's arguably offside. But Lundstram to blame!

Our defence is nowhere near as strong as it's made out to be.

Helander has been a massive miss for us and as things stand I'd be looking at bringing someone in during the January window because Goldson is a shadow of the player he was last season and Balogun seems to go through the motions regularly.

We have Jack Simpson as our only cover which is worrying.

I think concentration but I also think coincidence plays a part.

Mistake in middle of the park today, could have happened at any point in the game.

St Mirren was a worldie.

Aberdeen a complete %^*& up passing from the back.

I don’t think it’s anything in particular to be honest.
Motherwell a lack of communication.

Daft stuff we need to cut out.

Last 4 games we’ve lost the first goal whilst we were in control of the ball.

That is the horrific truth of it.

Without being a tied polisher but I can only hope that we can cut out the lazy goals we give away.

Hearts, Aberdeen x 2, Ross co, st mirren even though it’s a great strike we passed it to them more or less, brondby we even finished it off for them..

Tav and Goldson, all their fault. Tav too high up the park, ball getting lost in Central midfield, goldson having to cover both his and Tav's area and teams exploiting this frailty

I think that’s how we play - tav last year had arfield and jack protecting him. So far we’ve had lundstram who hasn’t done the protecting very well and even aribo when he’s played there let’s players run

That is the horrific truth of it.

Without being a tied polisher but I can only hope that we can cut out the lazy goals we give away.

Hearts, Aberdeen x 2, Ross co, st mirren even though it’s a great strike we passed it to them more or less, brondby we even finished it off for them..
Sometimes you’ve just got to say good goal.

But we’ve had the ball so many times this season and concede a goal it’s frustrating.

Even bronby away from another set play

2 reasons

1 no consistency in midfield , leaving us liable to counter attacks and too much space , lundstrum playing in different positions he can’t get familiar with , aribo I thought we had learned last year that he can’t play in a mid 3 ( I get injuries and suspensions have forced our hand at times )

2 no consistency in goals , both McGregor and McLaughlin have looked a little dodgy this season due to not getting a run of games

IMO Sort both of the above and we eradicate the issues we have seen recently

One thing for certain is that we appear to be punished for every single mistake we make
You only need to look at the stats regarding oppositions shots v goals

Goldson’s heads turned
Alfie’s not trying
Balogun is going through the motions

Some people create some amount of bs narratives on here
He isn't consistent enough and is a level below Goldson/Helander he does a job and is good cover but his limitations are quite obvious.

It’s not even the fact the goals we are conceding are ‘early’, more the fact they are the first goals in the game.

Yesterday was actually much better than Thursday in that we gave ourselves 80-odd minutes to turn it around, whereas conceding right on half time on Thursday left us up against the clock.

We don’t actually concede all that many chances against teams just last season they’d either miss or mcgregor would pull off a great save which neither is happening at the moment, defence still isn’t great though but the opposition recently have been pretty clinical

Complacency and lack of concentration!

It’s like we think we have a right to turn up and beat teams as reigning champions, and it’s only the fright of going a goal down that sparks us into life and makes us roll the sleeves up.

The vast majority of the goals we have lost have been easily preventable, “unforced errors” if you will.
That can really only be down to lack of application and concentration, and can be cured by sticking to doing the sensible,pragmatic thing until you have control of the game.

Mostly it's down to 2 things.

First, Terrible passing in midfield.

2nd, Horrendous defending Mostly from Tav and Goldson.

We’re slow starters.
I don’t think there can be much denying this, especially this season.

I also think opposition teams fancy their chances of getting an early goal against us now. They’ve begun to realise that if they get right in our faces from the off, pressing and harrying, we don’t seem to like it.

Personally I feel the antidote is to do the same with our opponents, but whether by design or not, we seem to be starting games much slower and lackadaisically and more often than not are paying the price.

Our defence, midfield and attacking units aren’t combining as well individually or collectively. As a result we ain’t hunting as a pack as effectively as last year, made worse by more poor decisions and passes.

None the less we are still 4 points clear.

I think as fans we put pressure on the team to score as soon as possible, rather than let the team play there way into the game. I remember Ray Wilkins saying midfielders should always start with a couple of easy passes, just to get the feel of the ball.

Tell me what's causing us to concede so many early goals without mentioning mentality/concentration?

Or is it just a mentality thing? Are the players struggling to get up for games that they think we're going to win regardless.

The team dealt with it well today but there was a point at 0-1 when they had all the men behind the

The team dealt with it well today but there was a point at 0-1 when they had all the men behind the ball I thought 'making it difficult again'.
The defense were making like same mistakes last season,the Difference?
McGregor was bailing them out.

Back