Connor Goldson - I'm Like A Really Bad Rio Ferdinand

I don't think that's true. Mist rangers fans will never hear this quote.

They'll go to the game, or watch in the pub and go home or on a night out.

I'd guess about 3% of rangers fans use online forums.

Hardly anyone is analysing his words. Maybe about 8 guys on this thread, out of at least a million fans worldwide.

Press conferences, player interviews etc are analysed to death.

This is the case for managers and players.

If Gerrard says arfield will be back “in a couple of weeks” you can guarantee there will be rumours/conspiracies doing the rounds of he’s not back within exactly 14days of Gerrards quote.

Last edited:
I think he has been a sound signing, but I do wish he would curb his habit of trying to ping 40 and 50 yard aerial passes. It isn`t his strong suit!

Press conferences, player interviews etc are analysed to death.

This is the case for managers and players.

If Gerrard says arfield will be back “in a couple of weeks” you can guarantee there will be rumours/conspiracies doing the rounds of he’s not back within exactly 14days of Gerrards quote.

No there will be one thread posted by one guy, asking if he's coming back anytime soon.

Most rangers fans don't watch press conferences on YouTube or discuss press conferences in the pub or the stadium.

No there will be one thread posted by one guy, asking if he's coming back anytime soon.

Most rangers fans don't watch press conferences on YouTube or discuss press conferences in the pub or the stadium.

Aye ok mate. Everything any footballer or manager says is always taken with a pinch of salt, and there’s never any “out of context” headlines or discussions in buses, pubs or pundit studios.... never any at all o_O

Presumably the idea of the interview is to give the viewer an insight into the players personality and be both informative and entertaining

Aye ok mate. Everything any footballer or manager says is always taken with a pinch of salt, and there’s never any “out of context” headlines or discussions in buses, pubs or pundit studios.... never any at all o_O

Haha. What? You're message is sarcastically taking this piss out of something that noone said, ever.

Have you heard of the term "strawman"? If not, then look it up mate.

Here's your original point "every single word you say is scrutinised to the nth degree with people looking for a hidden message/agenda"

And I simply stated I don't feel like that's true. there's a tiny percentage of rangers fans worldwide that actually watch press conferences, and only some of them bring up the odd snippet/quote in the pub.

Spending time on supporters forums has give you an exaggerated sense of how much people give a crap what a rangers player says.

Haha. What? You're message is sarcastically taking this piss out of something that noone said, ever.

Here's your original point "every single word you say is scrutinised to the nth degree with people looking for a hidden message/agenda"

And I simply stated I don't feel like that's true. there's a tiny percentage of rangers fans worldwide that actually watch press conferences, and only some of them bring up the odd snippet/quote in the pub.

Spending time on supporters forums has give you an exaggerated sense of how much people give a crap what a rangers player says.

Right you are bud. Nobody gives a fück what our players say/do :rolleyes:

You are correct mate.

I posted the OP, it's simple and straight forward, an honest question and did FF think he was being harsh also.

Cue a lack of comprehension with the odd post and some see him being challenged. :)

All aspects of being a Ranger have threads on here, from what players do to what they say.

Unless it's an attack on one of our own, why not talk about us? :cool:

His distribution over the last 6 weeks or so has been, interesting shall we say.

He gets a fair bit of grace for it from the fans too compared to others.

I rate him highly but he’s not without his flaws, even at SPFL level.

His distribution over the last 6 weeks or so has been, interesting shall we say.

He gets a fair bit of grace for it from the fans too compared to others.

I rate him highly but he’s not without his flaws, even at SPFL level.
I agree with you. He is a solid enough defender but his passing is poor. I have thought since we have signed him that Katic is our best central defender when all things are considered; not by a distance but enough to be noticeable.

I have to say that it is a pleasure to be able to discuss the merits of our defenders compared to when we were talking about Kiernan and Senderos.

He was more like Bambi on ice yesterday

Decent player but his distribution seems to have gone downhill

His passing is very good for a centre half but last couple outings its been poor

Sometimes the simple pass is the best one. Its not even just that its being caught napping and in posession

That aside hes a rock

You didn't lookup the concept of a "strawman argument" did you. I can tell.

You are not debating what I'm saying. Your debating against someone that said "nobody gives a fück what our players do". Except no-one has said that :D

You said the majority of people outside of FF “couldn’t give a crap about what our players say....”

Apologies for originally suggesting you said “nobody gives a fück what our players say”

Talking about splitting feathers :eek:

Your thoughts on rangers players "every single word you say is scrutinised to the nth degree with people looking for a hidden message/agenda"

My thoughts - really? Are you sure? Are you sure its not just a tiny part of rangers fans that use forums and watch YouTube press conferences?

Back