Copa Libertadores 2020 - Final Live on IPlayer at 8pm Saturday

This is an anticlimax so far, no rhythm or fluidity to the game. It can only get better in the second half, I hope.

Can’t help but think the pressure on the players is stifling the game. Local rivals playing for the biggest SA club honour, I mean I’m not sure a Man City v Man Utd CL final would be a classic. An early second half goal could settle this a bit to the game we hoped for. Hopefully for Santos as today is a day for the black and white to humble the green and white B-D plus I bit at the 27/10 Hills offered:shh:

some interesting insight from Vickery there.

first choice striker from the bench for Santos was playing park football before signing with Santos!

I’ve watched a load of SA football over the years.

The pace is slow and the spectacle is boring mostly.

Off field is very entertaining though.

Nothing like watching a Footballer with guts mind is there, willing to take a gamble on his ability - what a match like this needs, like what Arsenal v Man U needed.

Wonder how long injury time will actually be? Over 7 minutes so far and there have been plenty of stopages.

Don't know who's happier: the Palmeiras fans or neutrals at not having to watch another 30 minutes.

Two teams setup not to lose rather than win.

Congrats to Palmeiras.

EtAww5EW8AMPWTT

The first game in the 2021 Libertadores will be on February 16. A new thread will be started when the draw is made.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Made it all the more enjoyable.
Cheers, well done - it's been a great and very informative read.

That was a rubbish game of football, can't see Palmeiras getting near Bayern Munich assuming the game is taken seriously. It was a great header at the end to win it but I wasted 2 hours of my life watching that.

The first game in the 2021 Libertadores will be on February 16. A new thread will be started when the draw is made.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Made it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks, great thread, been really enjoyable and informative.

I'm sure the 2021 edition will be equally as good.
:))

What a way to win / lose a final.
Most enjoyable part was the knowledge and input of Tim Vickery. What a difference to having someone like that and someone who just talks for the sake of it.

Back