Could we see the St Mirren game moved?

cooprfc

I know we are hoping to play the following Thursday but could we find the St Mirren game moved from the Saturday to kick off later on the Sunday than their game given it could well be a clinching game if they drop points again? Mainly thinking by Sky but also wondered if it was something we could request ourselves given it was allowed post Dubai?

Obviously games have been getting changed quite regularly to unusual kick off times this season.

Personally, I’d like to see us winning it on the pitch and all the publicity around it. Would be a bit of a let down if we won it with them dropping points elsewhere, albeit still the same outcome.
This.

I know everyone is saying they want it won as soon as possible but I would be disappointed if we don't win it on the pitch. I want to see those players faces at the full time whistle. I want to see Gerrard and the management team go bananas. Its been a long time in coming, I want to drink the joy in.

There’s no reason it has to be moved just to be shown on TV surely.

we’ve had 9 months of English Premier League games being allowed to be broadcast at 3pm on Saturdays

More that it has to go after their game at Tannadice mate in order for it to be the clincher. Unless they slip up at home to Aberdeen.

The lack of crowd means they can pretty much leave it until the last minute to decide.

The Scottish Goverent might even ask sky to broadcast on sky one (like what happened with Liverpool) to stop people pulling round houses. Although the virtual season ticket makes that less of an issue.

More that it has to go after their game at Tannadice mate in order for it to be the clincher. Unless they slip up at home to Aberdeen.

Fair enough, but why are people above also saying things like we could request a move ala them v Hibs.

Assuming we get through on Thursday, I don’t see why we’d actively request one days less preparation for a Europa league last 16 tie.

So can someone tell me the permutations for us winning the title?. Im a bit confused

I keep reading 7 points which confuses me, as I can’t work out a scenario where 5 points from the next 3 games isn’t enough.

Regardless of whether we beat Celtic and draw the other two, or draw with Celtic and get 4 from the other two games....all that is enough to clinch it isn’t it ?

I keep reading 7 points which confuses me, as I can’t work out a scenario where 5 points from the next 3 games isn’t enough.

Regardless of whether we beat Celtic and draw the other two, or draw with Celtic and get 4 from the other two games....all that is enough to clinch it isn’t it ?
We need 7 points to mathematically win it!
We win the next 3 then it’s over however if they drop points as the play before us on Saturday and then after st Mirren they will be in a position whereby if they fail to win and we have beaten Livingston and St Mirren then we are champions without playing.

We need 7 points to mathematically win it!
We win the next 3 then it’s over however if they drop points as the play before us on Saturday and then after st Mirren they will be in a position whereby if they fail to win and we have beaten Livingston and St Mirren then we are champions without playing.

Essentially, thinking about it, 6 points from our next 3 games isn’t enough to win the league if the loss comes against Celtic.....

However 5 points from our next 3 definitely does clinch the league. Quite a quirky fact that

Essentially, thinking about it, 6 points from our next 3 games isn’t enough to win the league if the loss comes against Celtic.....

However 5 points from our next 3 definitely does clinch the league. Quite a quirky fact that
Draw with livi and st Mirren then beat the savilles

Celtic can get a maximum of 88 points. We are currently on 82.

So with 6 points it would go to goal difference if they were to win all their other games and we lose all our other games.

Fair enough, but why are people above also saying things like we could request a move ala them v Hibs.

Assuming we get through on Thursday, I don’t see why we’d actively request one days less preparation for a Europa league last 16 tie.

That was me in the OP and I did acknowledge we hoped to play the following Thursday.

Can u explain :oops:

If we draw with Livy and St Mirren, and Celtic win their next two, it’s 14. We beat them it’s an uncatachable 17.

If we draw one and win one of Livy/st mirren, it’s 16 points. Therefore another draw v Celtic clinches it

So the two scenarios whereby Rangers could get 5 points from 9 before the split would both be enough to clinch it

However 6 points v Livy/st mirren and 0 v Celtic and it still, technically, not be sealed as it would be 15 with 15 to go

Celtic can still finish with 88 points ( 24 points to play for, 64 currently, 88 max) we have 82 now, which means if we get to 89 ( 7 points ) we win the league, however if we draw against celtic and another before the OF game and assume they win their 2 games (no laughing at the back!) we would still be champions as they could only get to 86 now wheras we would be sitting on 87, anyways its looking very likely we'll be stoating around the tattie dome as Scottish champions and that right there is lovely B-D

I want to see it won ASAP, but I want it to be our boys that do it, I want that final whistle and the rush of adrenaline, the players on the pitch celebrating and all across the world champagne and fireworks at the same time... It needs to be us that takes the points over the line, I don't want It to be them dropping points that hands it to us!

This.

I know everyone is saying they want it won as soon as possible but I would be disappointed if we don't win it on the pitch. I want to see those players faces at the full time whistle. I want to see Gerrard and the management team go bananas. Its been a long time in coming, I want to drink the joy in.
Spot on well said

Mate I honestly reckon they'll throw it.

Aberdeen at home in 2018 was it? We finished third and the sheep won at the piggery to guarantee them second spot. A fucking cùnt of a stitch up.

They'd do it again. mentally challenged bastards
I don’t think they chucked it tonight per say, however if they go into the Dundee Game knowing a draw or win drags it out to the 21st knowing that it’s international break and basically nearly 2 weeks of pressure and threats about how they can’t let that happen! Then yea I think they would Chuck it

I don’t think they chucked it tonight per say, however if they go into the Dundee Game knowing a draw or win drags it out to the 21st knowing that it’s international break and basically nearly 2 weeks of pressure and threats about how they can’t let that happen! Then yea I think they would Chuck it
I dont think they chucked it tonight either but I think if there's a chance we could legitimately go there needing a draw to win the league, they'd sooner lose it before then just to spite us.

Watch this space.

I dont think they chucked it tonight either but I think if there's a chance we could legitimately go there needing a draw to win the league, they'd sooner lose it before then just to spite us.

Watch this space.
Agreed and on that note I need to wake up at 7 to go for a walk, re run the maths and then set up home school and work my shift so have a wonderful night mate

I wonder if sky are contemplating swapping the games over and move our game to the Sunday slot and the Dundee Utd v them go back to Saturday 3 o’clock.pretty sure sky will want to cover rangers winning the title on the pitch not because the yahoos chuck it at tannadice

Agreed and on that note I need to wake up at 7 to go for a walk, re run the maths and then set up home school and work my shift so have a wonderful night mate
I'm trying to decode this to find the part where you're calling me a cùnt, but I'm pished and can't see it

Good luck fellow bear

If they drop points to Aberdeen next weekend(no laughing at the back) then two wins for us secures it before they play Dundee Utd.

If they beat Aberdeen, I’d be very much for us requesting to put the St Mirren game back 24 hours to give us the opportunity to win it on the field. I’ll be ecstatic however and whenever we win it but having one of our players be the player that scores the goal that seals it will be such a high point and I wouldn’t want to miss out on that moment.

Could all be a moot point as I’d imagine our manager and staff would rather the extra day’s preparation ahead of a last 16 tie in the Europa League and another opportunity to showcase ourselves on the big stage. Probably the right decision as well.

The best possible scenario is the sheep do them next week and we win the next 2 which means we win it on the 6/3/21 at Ibrox as I do believe they will Chuck it if it comes down to us needing a point against them
I wouldn't put it past the filth however I can't see the sheep getting anything. Septic being dog shite this year has almost took away the spotlight of how poor the sheep have become. And to think I personally was excited when Derek mcinnes was a odds on favourite to be our manager. Lol hahahahahahaha
Hopefully the lads win it on the field the players, staff and most importantly fans deserve it

I just want to win ASAP anytime anyplace anywhere, they are so fragile and in disarray, any team still to play them knows they're there for the taking. It's just a pity hivs weren't so inconsistent and were a bit closer to them.

That is bizarre but true. How odd.

I know we are hoping to play the following Thursday but could we find the St Mirren game moved from the Saturday to kick off later on the Sunday than their game given it could well be a clinching game if they drop points again? Mainly thinking by Sky but also wondered if it was something we could request ourselves given it was allowed post Dubai?

Obviously games have been getting changed quite regularly to unusual kick off times this season.
If it becomes the game then why would we request it to be moved outwith of a Sky Sports choice?

In truth it will still the Saturday and Sky Sports may still show it

Sky Sports have made their choice so far for that weekend so far

Personally, I’d like to see us winning it on the pitch and all the publicity around it. Would be a bit of a let down if we won it with them dropping points elsewhere, albeit still the same outcome.
It would be a little flat I guess. Not as flat as by email and zoom admittedly but not the same as doing it on the pitch!

I want to win ASAP even if it's off the pitch. That way we can concentrate on Europe. It could mean that we get an extra few million in for our attempt at getting to the champions League ie an upgrade on class of a player

If it becomes the game then why would we request it to be moved outwith of a Sky Sports choice?

In truth it will still the Saturday and Sky Sports may still show it

Sky Sports have made their choice so far for that weekend so far

Just because, in an unusual season where games are getting shuffled around to suit teams, it would be a bit better if we saw how they got on at Tannadice before we play.

We all want to see Scotty Arfield saluting his way to the title.

We will need to wait and see what happens with the next round of matches.

If Celtic drop points vs Aberdeen then we want our game to be first. If we both win then we want ours to be after.

Just because, in an unusual season where games are getting shuffled around to suit teams, it would be a bit better if we saw how they got on at Tannadice before we play.

From Sky's perspective though if they move the game to Sunday and then the filth win at Tannadice it becomes a bit of a pointless selection.

I feel the same.

Still doubt we would playing after them that weekend

Nothing can be known until after this Saturday

Back