Could we see the St Mirren game moved?

Dundee Utd were actually quite good in the opening half hour yesterday and they may go into the game on the 7th needing points to reach the top 6, so there's a real chance of them getting something.

Still doubt we would playing after them that weekend

Nothing can be known until after this Saturday

I agree. It's doubtful. Just wondered if firstly Sky may want our game second just in case as it's a huge story and will get huge viewers.

And, secondly, if we would maybe fancy it as a club.

Unlikely I know.

OK I think I worked this out right.

Mathematically we need 7 points.

But I believe we can win the league even if we only take 4 points from our next 3 games, on the basis that we beat Celtic.

As even if they win their next two, it would only bring the gap down to 13 points before the old firm game. So a victory for us that game takes gap back to 16 points with only 15 left to play.

Put the champagne in the chiller troops.

It will be mathematically over before then. They will drop more points against Aberdeen and Dundee utd

I agree. It's doubtful. Just wondered if firstly Sky may want our game second just in case as it's a huge story and will get huge viewers.

And, secondly, if we would maybe fancy it as a club.

Unlikely I know.
Sky have the rights as principal rights holders to that make choice

One thing I would say there no EFL tv selections for that weekend yet, usual Saturday 12.30pm for the Sky game goes up against BT Sport for the EPL, however the 3pm slot is still available for us

If we draw with Livy and St Mirren, and Celtic win their next two, it’s 14. We beat them it’s an uncatachable 17.

If we draw one and win one of Livy/st mirren, it’s 16 points. Therefore another draw v Celtic clinches it

So the two scenarios whereby Rangers could get 5 points from 9 before the split would both be enough to clinch it

However 6 points v Livy/st mirren and 0 v Celtic and it still, technically, not be sealed as it would be 15 with 15 to go
That's why it's 7 points to mathematically seal it, with those points being taken from any team at any time.

Any other routes to the title are contingent on Celtic dropping points against us or other teams, so a lot of people are coming up with smaller numbers to seal it which are based on an assumption or two.

The way we're counting the points at the moment means a draw against Celtic is worth 3 of those points, and a win is worth 6.

One thing I would say there no EFL tv selections for that weekend yet, usual Saturday 12.30pm for the Sky game goes up against BT Sport for the EPL, however the 3pm slot is still available for us
Obviously they have suspicions they may be required

Is there a possibility that Hivs can overtake ceptic for second place too???
Folk will say no on account of Hibs lacks of consistency but I am hopeful that such a thing could happen. Even if they can run them close, it will be good to see further pressure and embarrassment put on the mentally challenged hordes.

That's why it's 7 points to mathematically seal it, with those points being taken from any team at any time.

Any other routes to the title are contingent on Celtic dropping points against us or other teams.

The way we're counting points at the moment means a draw against Celtic is worth 3 of those points, and a win is worth 6.
The beauty in it all means either way it’s done

can’t believe I am typing that statement B-DB-)B-DB-)

Folk will say no on account of Hibs lacks of consistency but I am hopeful that such a thing could happen. Even if they can run them close, it will be good to see further pressure and embarrassment put on the mentally challenged hordes.
U can only hope Hibs keep winning to keep the pressure on

To hell with Sky, Crocker & Walker do I need to say anymore.
If we can win it against St. Mirren, put it out free on Rangers TV.
This title is for us the fans!

If Celtic drop points against Aberdeen this Saturday followed by us winning at Livi then Sky may consider broadcasting the St Mirren game as we could win the league and I'm sure they'd want to broadcast that game, with no 3pm Saturday blackout it could be done at short notice. In my opinion the more realistic scenario is that they beat Aberdeen, we do our job against Livi and St Mirren they then chuck it against Dundee Utd.

Please let it be the game v St Mirren, 3.00 KO at home live on RTV.
Straight into cab at FT and head to Ibrox for celebrations.
This is going to be epic.

I wouldn't' mind If we win the title before our game v Timbo as there is still our undefeated record to play for at the Meccano Set.

However I also wouldn't be averse to the players unveiling 55 T shirts emblazoned with 'The Indomitables' there in post match celebrations. A wee counter to their so called Invincables I.e. as Indomitable means one who can't and will not be dominated.

Happy enough for this to occur at Ibrox in our post split game v them instead if there objections.

Last edited:
OK I think I worked this out right.

Mathematically we need 7 points.

But I believe we can win the league even if we only take 4 points from our next 3 games, on the basis that we beat Celtic.

As even if they win their next two, it would only bring the gap down to 13 points before the old firm game. So a victory for us that game takes gap back to 16 points with only 15 left to play.

Put the champagne in the chiller troops.

It will be mathematically over before then. They will drop more points against Aberdeen and Dundee utd
I agree with your maths, was thinking similar last night

take 1 point from the next 2 games and win at the piggery

16 clear 5 to play

Could Sky flip the games and have them on the Saturday and us on the Sunday?

They will want to be there when we do it surely.

Reactions: TN8
To hell with Sky, Crocker & Walker do I need to say anymore.
If we can win it against St. Mirren, put it out free on Rangers TV.
This title is for us the fans!
Absolutely no way do I want to be relying on RTV for the game we win the league. Can just see it now, the ball breaks to Morelos in the box in the 89th minute, just the keeper to beat, then the screen freezes and the wee blue buffering circle appears. F*ck that. Get the game on Sky.

Leave it as it is, moving games about it tim like behaviour, imagine dropping points after moving the game.

Clubs can move games by 48 hours according to the SFA earlier in the season. Remember that? When they made up rules said %^*& you to HIVs as they wanted to give their paymasters every opportunity to turn around their season with a winter training camp during a fucking global pandemic.
Oh Dubai Dubai, we'll never forget you

Absolutely no way do I want to be relying on RTV for the game we win the league. Can just see it now, the ball breaks to Morelos in the box in the 89th minute, just the keeper to beat, then the screen freezes and the wee blue buffering circle appears. F*ck that. Get the game on Sky.
Besides half of England and particularly Liverpool will be tuning in to get a glimpse of the gaffer fist pump the camera

Reactions: TN8
Essentially, thinking about it, 6 points from our next 3 games isn’t enough to win the league if the loss comes against Celtic.....

However 5 points from our next 3 definitely does clinch the league. Quite a quirky fact that
I think we lose one, and draw one of the two games before we play them, we still clinch it if we then beat them at parkhead? With only 4 points. Even more of a quirk?

I believe sky only get to show 4 games at Ibrox, 2 of which they use for the old firms.

They've already shown Rangers v Aberdeen (4-0) on Sky this season, so this would leave 1 game which would most likely be the game we lift the actual trophy which will be a game in the split.

Can't see them trying to plan bringing one of our games forward in the chance it could be the one we win the league, when they can just leave as is and guarantee themselves the trophy lifting match during the split.

They will drop points, hopefully st mirrin game can be moved to the sunday, no way are they winning
Please let it be the game v St Mirren, 3.00 KO at home live on RTV.
Straight into cab at FT and head to Ibrox for celebrations.
This is going to be epic.
My hopes too

All this talk of moving games remember we will likely have a European game on the thursday. 24 hours is massive for recovery so the club will probably not want it moved

I believe sky only get to show 4 games at Ibrox, 2 of which they use for the old firms.

They've already shown Rangers v Aberdeen (4-0) on Sky this season, so this would leave 1 game which would most likely be the game we lift the actual trophy which will be a game in the split.

Can't see them trying to plan bringing one of our games forward in the chance it could be the one we win the league, when they can just leave as is and guarantee themselves the trophy lifting match during the split.
They get more than 4 games this season. Apparently it's as many as 6.

Ideally the sheep beat them on Saturday (which isn’t as far fetched as it usually would be) then we get the chance to win it at Ibrox a week on Saturday.
i think a draw in the sheep game, and Rangers win vs Livi and St.Mirren would see us as Champions?

I know we are hoping to play the following Thursday but could we find the St Mirren game moved from the Saturday to kick off later on the Sunday than their game given it could well be a clinching game if they drop points again? Mainly thinking by Sky but also wondered if it was something we could request ourselves given it was allowed post Dubai?

Obviously games have been getting changed quite regularly to unusual kick off times this season.

Saturday 3pm kick off and you want it changed, are you MAAAAAAAD or somethin.

Sunday night isnae the time for fitbaw.

Traditionalists won't buy it.

Could Sky flip the games and have them on the Saturday and us on the Sunday?

They will want to be there when we do it surely.
Option there as the Dundee United v Celtic would still fall in the period they still have to drop points for us to win it against St Mirren providing we win against Livingston

As I said only after Saturday will be know the potential outcome of that weekend

EFL games confirmed for the 6th March one at 12.30pm & 3pm

march-2021-tv-selection-1-.png

march-2021-tv-selections-2.png

Think it got expanded to 6 this season cos of Covid

Wouldn't rule it out guess we have to see what happens
Sky will prob wait and see what happens at the weekend with their game . If they drop points they will show it . If they don’t then we can’t officially be champions unless they drop points vs Dundee which they already have anyway

I think they will wait to see what happens in the sellick v Aberdeen game and us v Livingston.

Hopefully they decide to play their game v Dundee Utd first IF the tims beat Aberdeen and we beat Livingston.

Gives us the chance to win it on the pitch, which is surely better for TV.

Apart from Boydy I don’t know why folk would want Sky to move the game, would much rather see the celebrations on RTV, I’m sure the RTV guys could put together a potential celebration with Rangers minded individuals rather than having to listen to Crocker and Walker for the 90mins.

RTV all the way for me

I will be watching it on RTV as I have every game. But if they move it, then it gives us more of a chance of us actually winning it on the park if it's after their Dundee United game.

Because if we win our next two, this won't be going to the parkhead game.

I will be watching it on RTV as I have every game. But if they move it, then it gives us more of a chance of us actually winning it on the park if it's after their Dundee United game.

Because if we win our next two, this won't be going to the parkhead game.
Aye fair point mate, I didn’t think of it that way!

Win it as soon as we can then go to the Glitterdome without any pressure or fear and take 7 off them.

Totally humiliate them.

Back