Craig Thomson

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

BBC website
Craig Thomson has retired after 19 years as one of Scotland's leading referees.
Celtic's win against Hearts last Saturday was his final game after a total of 31 years as an official.
Domestically, Thomson officiated three Scottish Cup finals and four League Cup finals.
"I've enjoyed 19 years as a Category one referee," the 46-year-old told BBC Scotland.
"It's time to let younger refs come through and maybe see if I can reduce my golf handicap."
Thomson was also an elite FIFA official, taking charge of Champions League and international matches, including at the European Championships in 2012.

No doubt a position as Head of Referees awaits. Or perhaps the next Catholic Officer role, once Clare Shyte retires.

No doubt he will become one of the ex refs that review the compliance reporter incidents and he will shaft us that way instead

Good riddance and worst of luck in the future.

I’m sure he’ll turn up in some capacity to continue to shaft us at every turn in the future.

I’ve sure there is a joke in there about out with the old, in with the new cheat, but good fukking riddance

We went through this last year.
I don't believe he'll retire with 10iar in the balance.
He'll be needed to play his part.

I agree with @Cambuslang Bear. He's the only referee I believe goes onto the pitch with an agenda, the rest are just shitebags.

Clancy is the new Thomson unfortunately. The rest just find it easier to give decisions against us than call what they see but those two actually enjoy cheating us.

I’ve sure there is a joke in there about out with the old, in with the new cheat, but good fukking riddance

A big thing was made a few years ago about a ref, I think it was Bobby Tait, choosing to ref us at Ibrox as his final match and claiming that it proved he had been biased towards us throughout his career.

I wonder which paper will be first to highlight the fact that Thomson has obviously chosen to ref that lot at Torbett Towers as his final game and it proves what we have all known for years.

A Rangers hating cheat.

Obvious candidate for either the next Head of Refereeing or Compliance Officer.

Retired... shame.
He'll be fast tracked to the panel that sends the info to Clare Whyte, he can't hide his rotten face when reffing our players but all smiles at any of our opposition it's been noted.
No doubt with his past history he'll now be given the ultimate opportunity to cripple us and have disgustingly enough anonymity through this panel.
This secret person panel must be disbanded ASAP.

Last edited:
He was blatant that day.

Didn’t he only book one of them for a last man
Challenge too ? Mulgrew maybe ?

We had a blatant handball penalty denied and the ludicrous yellow given to a Peasant for a last man challenge, never mind the clear penalty which Thomson first awarded, then changed his mind. Rangers should have demanded his immediate sacking after the game. That even the tabloids slated his Hampden performance showed just how biased he was that day.

A big thing was made a few years ago about a ref, I think it was Bobby Tait, choosing to ref us at Ibrox as his final match and claiming that it proved he had been biased towards us throughout his career.

I wonder which paper will be first to highlight the fact that Thomson has obviously chosen to ref that lot at Torbett Towers as his final game and it proves what we have all known for years.
None as they are run with a biased agenda.

We had a blatant handball penalty denied and the ludicrous yellow given to a Peasant for a last man challenge, never mind the clear penalty which Thomson first awarded, then changed his mind. Rangers should have demanded his immediate sacking after the game. That even the tabloids slated his Hampden performance showed just how biased he was that day.

Was an amazing victory that day mate, partly due to injustice we all saw & partly because we were playing shit up to the game.
I was in Hospitality for I think the only game in my life & by the end of the game I was hugging all of these guys as if they were family. :D

Back