Crucial period ahead

The key thing for me about Sunday is the chance to pile more pressure on them, as we play first. They'll be praying we slip up, but if we just keep focussed and get the win they are under huge pressure to do the same. And we all know how they are handling things at the moment

KGer29

Tims have organised one, apparently that is why they asked for their game with Hibs to be put on hold till the Monday.
Seen this. Apparently hibs not happy as they didn’t agree to it. I’d assume we are just laying low? Dubai didn’t treat us well last season o_O

Blues and Royals

If we’re 14 points ahead before they kick a ball on Sunday what little confidence and belief they have will be even more battered on and off the park. The polis’ riot squad will be looking out their batons and shields. Luvvly.
If we go 14 points ahead before they’ve even kicked off, what’s the odds on major disorder outside the ground before they even take to the pitch .

Allybear

There will be games where we dont start with the intensity that we have been showing, if managed with a bit of guile and good timing we can do it. A second wind will kick in and I think we could well prove unstoppable, one game at a time. I love this team :)

St Johnstone will cause them problems.
I really hope this is the case but they will be out to make a point after all the recent events.
We are going to have to win this league the hard way, but it would be great if more teams could turn up against them that is for sure.

Tailwind

I really hope this is the case but they will be out to make a point after all the recent events.
We are going to have to win this league the hard way, but it would be great if more teams could turn up against them that is for sure.
Do you not think they’ve been trying to make that point for the last half dozen games or more

Do you not think they’ve been trying to make that point for the last half dozen games or more
Yes I hear what you are saying and agree and long make their poor form continue. However, I do feel they will do whatever it takes to get a result i.e. cheat at every opportunity.

Tailwind

Don’t remember if this is the thread that had the “mammoth effort” crowd. But these same fans realise County are 1 point off the bottom of the table having lost over half their matches?

bigy

It’s a boring cliche but one game at a time. We’re capable of winning every game - we just need to go in to each game with the right mindset and tick the games off as we have been doing.

We have a tough run through to the end of January in the league - we need to see where we are after that and take it from there.

TQ3

This is now game 5 of the European group games over, and we have negotiated the Sunday game with ease. We are breaking that old mould, and setting a new standard.
I believe the league games will get easier, in the sense that teams will be fearing a doing before they get on their bus, no more fancying a result against us, just worrying about how many they concede.
Keep this run up, and we will have them all terrified before a ball is kicked.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Looking at the fixtures we definately have a lot harder fixtures between now and March ( especially jan) . I’m still not going to get too excited until we get through all these fixtures

Athletico Parsnips

...and one that is perhaps more crucial off the pitch.

On paper both teams should win their games before we host the crash barrier dismantling crash barriers.

But....not a man jack among us has any peace of mind about winter breaks, Jan/Feb fixtures etc. We all have to hope that the manager, coaches and players don't share any such fears or superstitions. Form is fine, squad deep, confidence high, but we need to stay calm and dismiss the "we're crap after the New Year" stuff that haunts us all.

I cannot see much stopping us ON the pitch.
Big difference is Roofe, Itten and a fit Defoe.
Last January, Morelos was off form and our only fit striker.

Saltire

Looking at the fixtures we definately have a lot harder fixtures between now and March ( especially jan) . I’m still not going to get too excited until we get through all these fixtures
December and January fixtures are brutal, if we reach Feb with the decent lead in tact we will win the league.

bluetonic

Today is a first step forward in some tricky away games.
I feel Thursday will take care of itself and next Sunday against Utd is a big one, we really need to put them to the sword.
When was the last time we played them?

Bordersbear

Official Ticketer

Would love them to keep dropping points but you cannot take that for granted. Keep doing what we are doing and not panic, the team and the fans. Get through January and who knows what can happen.

petepoto

December and January fixtures are brutal, if we reach Feb with the decent lead in tact we will win the league.
"Brutal" is too extreme.

Nothing from us has suggested we need to worry too much. Any worries is just scar tissue from the last umpteen years of shite we have had to deal with.

Tailwind

Every time someone says this, we end up winning more points during that period.

I dont see whats to fear.

I love how we can only look at Rangers one game at a time but can award a very poor, underperforming tarrier team 100% win record between now and May

Saltire

"Brutal" is too extreme.

Nothing from us has suggested we need to worry too much. Any worries is just scar tissue from the last umpteen years of shite we have had to deal with.
I'm talking, of course, in SPL terms. Yes, the way we are playing we will probably win most of these fixtures, but the potential to drop points is definately there in that run of fixtures.
I agree though, the scars of the last few seasons are still there. As much as I trust this team I'm still loath to say the league is won!

bar72bear

Official Ticketer

I love how we can only look at Rangers one game at a time but can award a very poor, underperforming tarrier team 100% win record between now and May

I think the New Years game will decide if we cruise to the league or if it becomes a battle. If we win that game that will be us. Even a draw wouldn’t be a problem but if we were to lose it would get them right back into a title race .
The great thing is that for the first time in years we are the team that isn’t chasing where every dropped point is punished

westl65

I think the New Years game will decide if we cruise to the league or if it becomes a battle. If we win that game that will be us. Even a draw wouldn’t be a problem but if we were to lose it would get them right back into a title race .
The great thing is that for the first time in years we are the team that isn’t chasing where every dropped point is punished
That's the biggest difference for me We haven't had a commanding lead over them since season 2009-10 They are the team buckling under the pressure not us